Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Attractive Voices Are Indicators of Attractiveness

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you have been complimented on the sound of your voice? When a woman says "Oohh, your voice is so sexy." then that gives you an advantage right out of the gate. Research suggests that there is a link between attractive voices and body symmetry. Susan Hughes, evolutionary psychologist at Albright College, studied how much information the sound of a person's voice can give about the person's genetic fitness. It actually reveals a lot. Symmetrical bodies are those more suited for mating, producing viable offspring. Hughes does caution that attractive voices does not necessarily mean that the person will have an attractive face.

Hughes also looked at the link between digit ration (the length of the index and ring fingers) and voice because this is an indicator of symmetry. Hughes selected 100 individuals to listen to prerecorded voices and rated them on nine traits of attractiveness. Participants in Hughes's study were able to agree on what makes a voice attractive but when the researcher sought to analyze the voices using computer technology, she was unable to find a common feature that makes a particular voice attractive. For Hughes, this would suggest that attractiveness is influenced by our perception of individuals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080716/sc_livescience/sexypeoplesoundbetter

This is further proof of the evolutionary biology at work. Nature and nurture both influence our attractiveness. For those of us who were fortunate enough to have inherited traits that make us more attractive to the opposite sex, this study serves as a reminder to be appreciative of what we have. Also, it helps to explain the haters, why there will be people who will hate and not like us because of the way we look; accept those as things we can not change; it's their problem. Even with a sexy sounding voice there are drawbacks. Yes, even if women compliment you on the sound of your voice. If you're talking to a woman frequently before setting up a date with her, she may have higher expectations for you based on the sound of your voice which means that if you prolong it without meeting her, she will have developed an attraction for a fantasy you which the real you may have trouble living up to. In other words, it's better to set up a date as soon as possible so that she can get to know you face to face.

Still, everyone has something to offer. Even if it seems as if you don't have attractive qualities, you would not be alive today unless you had abilities that enabled you to survive. It's a matter of doing the best with what you have and making it known to people whom you wish to be involved with.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have turned away many girls because of their voice.

EG: masculine voice, smokers voice, party girl voice, crack head tone, angry tone, arrogant tone, *****y tone, 'hard' tone, overly confident tone, weird tone, talking too fast. (just some off the top of my head).

Give me a cute, friendly voice please... think Phoebe Kates in Fast Times.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day I saw this news item on Livescience. I was going to make a thread about it but chose not to because the reason was off-topic. Women with high interest in a guy develop a sort of "winning voice," i.e. their voice pitches upwards. (I wonder if/I bet this creates a feedback cycle, i.e. their voice pitches upwards because they're attracted and because of the pitch they become more attractive.)

But anyway, excellent analysis. :)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
The other day I saw this news item on Livescience. I was going to make a thread about it but chose not to because the reason was off-topic. Women with high interest in a guy develop a sort of "winning voice," i.e. their voice pitches upwards. (I wonder if/I bet this creates a feedback cycle, i.e. their voice pitches upwards because they're attracted and because of the pitch they become more attractive.)

But anyway, excellent analysis. :)
My oneitis has a high-pitched whiney chirpy voice that attracts the hell outta me.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post. I met a girl the other day that had the sexiest voice, but was only about a 3 or 4. I was disappointed.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
Interesting post. I met a girl the other day that had the sexiest voice, but was only about a 3 or 4. I was disappointed.
Are you talking about her face or body?

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman's smokers voice is actually a very good form of contraception.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being_the_Don said:
Are you talking about her face or body?
Both I could maybe give the body a 5 because it didn't look that bad after some drinks

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I have judged a womans voice over the phone as someone being hot only to learn later they are fat and ugly...but on the flip side how many times have I been on the phone with someone whose voice sounds like a frog got loose and had tad poles in there only to find out she's hotter then a top fitness model..

It's the same as seeing a woman in a car from the shoulders up man I would be checking out one hot babe then she gets out of the car with thunder thighs and just totally turns me off..

I would reckon this is another topic that can be subjective whats sexy to one guy might not be sexy to the other...

LoneSilver

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have known a good amount of girls with terrible man voices that were extremely hot

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
I don't know how many times I have judged a womans voice over the phone as someone being hot only to learn later they are fat and ugly...but on the flip side how many times have I been on the phone with someone whose voice sounds like a frog got loose and had tad poles in there only to find out she's hotter then a top fitness model..

It's the same as seeing a woman in a car from the shoulders up man I would be checking out one hot babe then she gets out of the car with thunder thighs and just totally turns me off..

I would reckon this is another topic that can be subjective whats sexy to one guy might not be sexy to the other...

LoneSilver
So true, the voice thing happens a lot with singers too.