attraction

crazysheep4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking lately and I started wondering about something.

I know that in the world of guys, a bad looking guy and a good looking guy both see a hot girl and think the same thing, that she is attractive, but is in different in the girls world?

For example, if a large number of bad looking girls (1-3) find a guy attractive, is it safe to assume that there are a good amount of good looking girls(7-10) find the same guy attractive? Does it work that way or is it a level system where level 1-3 girls find a guy attractive, but 7-10's wouldn't just becuase the 7-10s are good looking and are allowed to have higher standards?

I know its kinda hard to understand, but I had a hard time trying to explain what I was thinking and meant.

What do you guys think?

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking you may be flamed for this one, as it probably doesn't really matter what the answer is, if there is even an answer to this..

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazysheep4

I know that in the world of guys, a bad looking guy and a good looking guy both see a hot girl and think the same thing, that she is attractive, but is in different in the girls world?

For example, if a large number of bad looking girls (1-3) find a guy attractive, is it safe to assume that there are a good amount of good looking girls(7-10) find the same guy attractive? Does it work that way or is it a level system where level 1-3 girls find a guy attractive, but 7-10's wouldn't just becuase the 7-10s are good looking and are allowed to have higher standards?

I know its kinda hard to understand, but I had a hard time trying to explain what I was thinking and meant.

What do you guys think?

if you see a pretty girl and think "pretty girl"
and if you see an ugly girl and think "ugly girl"

isnt it safe to assume that when we women look at you men we will say "cute guy" or "ugly guy"

sheesh

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no control over what girls find me physically attractive, so I dont care. I suggest you not care either.

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
Women don't care about looks. That's something i've realized. I see tons of sexy women out there with the ugliest, fatest, smelliest, and dorkiest men. You don't have to be a good looking guy AT ALL to get beautiful women.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/\Wouldn't go that far........at least in high school/college

Spasmodic

Reaction score
Re: Re: attraction

Originally posted by No Escape
Women don't care about looks. That's something i've realized. I see tons of sexy women out there with the ugliest, fatest, smelliest, and dorkiest men. You don't have to be a good looking guy AT ALL to get beautiful women.
Women like that are the exception, not the rule.

Me and a friend were talking to a group of like 6 chicks, and they were basically quizzing us on what we were looking for in a woman, or what we found attractive. I turned it around because I was sick of their questions, and asked, "What's more important? Looks or personality?"

4 answered:
Looks are more important (51% of attraction or more is based on looks and not personality; this varied, some put the number at 60 or 70%)

1 answered:
Looks are just as important as personality (50/50)

1 answered:
Looks are LESS important than personality (she was a weird case though, saying 98% of attraction was based on personality, and 2% based on looks)

If you've got looks but have the personality of a snow pea, you won't have much success in a long term relationship. But sure, you can get laid.

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

yep dude i get your drift , and i kinda agree.

example:
one girl ( i didnt find her attractive , id say shes hb5 at the most )
i was talkin to at work , infact i met her and spoke to her the first time right then, this is what she said:

her: so why are you working here?
me: huh, cos i need to pay my way through university :/
her: i mean you could be a model.
me: what? why do u say that? *a bit stunned*
her: cos your a good looking guy *looks down*
me: *blushe so much like a little girl*, erm no.

now i know im not model material , trust me im not. at best id say id say im 5/10 on the looks chart, kinda average. im in good shape, dress well etc etc, but model , nooo way ;)

she then proceeds to say more:

me: youve got the wrong guy , thats not me
her: it is, trust me i know , il bring my camera in next week and take pictures and show em to my sister. Dont you think he could be model ( speaking to her frend next to her )
me: bah, hmmffffff
her: i bet youve got lotsa girlfrends
me: errr... nope
her: awwww, are you not like that, dont u date

she then walks away for her lunch and her friend comes back later and says "whats up, my friend thinks your good looking, are u ok? "
"yeh im ok"
"she says ur a goodlooking guy, nice sharp eyes"
"heh ok"

*note
--------
not to sound like im pullin on my own wang but i will accept that i mite have kinda attractive eyes. iv had compliments from my older sisters frends, female frends, girls from my old highschool ( white girls, black girls, asian girls ALL :D ) etc etc.. ever since childhood till the present , so it could be possible

anyway.... now that i explained the above example... if she in her deranged mind was callin me a model or highly attractive, shouldnt super hotties find me seckcee aswell according to penkitten?

i think girls that are hb5 and below will look at average looking guys as HOT, below average looking guys as AVERAGE etc etc

just thought id share

muttley

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last girl I went out with went out with me because she was physically attracted to me, but our personalities clashed in some areas and then she was out the door. Just thought I'd share that. Looks are important, for sure, but those of you who think that it will make up for everything, you'd better just find out for yourself the hard way, because the only people on this board who are in agreement with this are the ones who have actually experienced it and aren't just playing out the whole scenario in their heads or theorizing.