"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Attraction and Interest...Are they 2 different things?

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
705
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
The World In My Eyes
Listen...

Ive been thinking about some things...They might of been said on here, but I dont care...

Alot of threads on here have been about girls flaking or girls showing interest and not going anywhere with it or whatever...It could be that the girl was attracted to you, but she doesnt want to go out with you or anything...Sh1t, I know for myself that there are girls that Im attracted to and I would smash, but I dont want anything else to do with them...Now we now most girls need to do all that extra sh1t in order for you to hit, and there are some girls that will just fukk cause they think you are hot or something...That could be what you are going through with your situations...

Then there are some girls that are undateable due to responsibilties...When they ask you out and they flake or they reschedule, they may or may not be bullsh1tting you...But you gotta handle that on your own, or listen to what people on here say...

So....

Attraction = She likes you
Interest = She would like to spend time with you...
If you really look at it like that, they arnt the same thing...

Discuss...
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
I already posted about this in another thread but you need to check out Woodhaven's thread on this subject in Advanced on mASF. I think you especially would find it interesting.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
I already posted about this in another thread but you need to check out Woodhaven's thread on this subject in Advanced on mASF. I think you especially would find it interesting.
Mind postin a link?
 

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
522
Reaction score
2
Location
Long Beach
This is an awesome question that I have just begun to think about myself. I look forward to reading the replies.
SB;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
No, they aren't the same thing. A girl can be attracted to you but not be interested in you romantically. However, in order to be interested in you romantically she HAS to be attracted to you.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Wyldfire
No, they aren't the same thing. A girl can be attracted to you but not be interested in you romantically. However, in order to be interested in you romantically she HAS to be attracted to you.
Quite the paradox, eh?
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
No paradox

There's no paradox in Wildfyre's statement. It's just that romantic interest is a subset of attraction interest.

Tiger is to cat as romantic interest is to being attracted.

I do think a lot of gals flake because they get to thinking, and get second thoughts about going out with a fellow they're attracted to. For example, they might think the fellow won't commit.
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Originally posted by Wyldfire
No, they aren't the same thing. A girl can be attracted to you but not be interested in you romantically. However, in order to be interested in you romantically she HAS to be attracted to you.
great statement- so much truth to that.

if you are attracted to somebody you are interested in them. if you are interested in them, you dont neccessarily have to be attracted
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Errr, Dukester you just said that exact opposite of Wyldfire! lol!

What Woodhaven was saying is that attraction and value (or interest as some of you call it) are 2 distinct things. Attraction is one person chasing another to get validation. Value emcompasses lots of things. See his post for a list.

Woodhaven says having value/interest but no attraction means being in the friend zone. Having attraction but no value means having a girl acting "interested" and flirting with you but flaking on you in the end. (Even makeout and ONS could fall into the attraction without value category but Woodhaven does go into surface attraction vs deeper physical attraction) As far as value and attraction go, you can have one without the other. No subsets.

Wyldfire is right about needing attraction to be ROMANTICALLY interested. BUT don't think of attraction as a subset of value/interest or vice versa. The term "romantic interest" actually means "attraction + value/interest" according to Woodhaven. I wanted to make the distinction because I got confused when I first read through Woodhaven's post. It's real easy to think of being attractive as being "valuable" or having "value" as being attractive. But that's using the terms differently than they are used in the mASF thread.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top