Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

attention please allen and all:)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hi there allen

this is penkitten , a member of your forum , if you arent familar with my name.
i wanted to contact you to discuss a few issues.

first i would like to say that i love this site and the forum. the post section rocks and the chat room is my most favorite. thought you would like to know that

secondly, this forum has helped me to gain confidence and i am now happy in a ltr

however, 2 weeks ago i suddenly was broke out with an std. i may be 24 and learned about some when i was younger in school. i guess i never thought i would get anything like that because i wasnt a dirty person. maybe i didnt know all the signs to watch for in others.

over the past 2 weeks , i have shopped for knowledge between doctors and books and web sites.
i will be forced to deal with herpes forever ever now. with new medicines and studies , creams and vitamins and exercise and change of diet , i may be able to control the outbreaks.
i have to learn and practice not spreading this to anyone.
studies show that 1 out of 4 people has this. over 5 million americans. and 50% do not have any symtoms so they dont know they have it.my suggestion to the forum is not a big request and maybe appreciated to some.
if just a few guys realise some of the devasting things with std's = then that is all that matters.
i suggest that between the suggestion disscussion and the anything else disscussion boxes that you add one called "std clinic". there we can add facts and symtoms of things. for example ( no disrespect to anyone) if lets say sync's new chick suddenly gets a fever blister on her lip and needs to know if that will spread = he can post it there. from there i can tell him all about it.
or lets say a newbie teenager needs to know if he has crabs... instead of leaving our site to go to another ( such as afraidtoask.com) he can just ask some of us.
i feel that this would be a small area and probally would not require much time or space and i think that one mod would be more than enough.i understand if you can not meet my suggestion.

i we all need more information and this is definetly disscussion material when it needs to be.

i offer what ever services you need , allthough i was turned down for mod before, i would understand if you needed someone more qualified.
i am no doctor or genius.... but i am a friend to everyone here at the forum.

with all my love,
your penkitten
*meow*

anyone else have anything else to add?
and how do you guys feel?

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Laura;
I agree with you. I think that's an excellent idea. I feel a lot of sympathy for you right now. It's glad to hear your in an ltr though. If allen does decide to make an "std clinic" you would make an amazing mod. You'll have my vote for sure.
I wish you the best of luck.
your friend --
--- Adam

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Penkitten. i think this is the BEST sugestion i've seen in a looong time! it's hard to know how to handle a problem like herpes... I wanna see a forum like that in here in the future! that would be great!

i really hope u find a way to control the outbreaks.. Take Care Pen!

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what r the outbreaks like? it must be a pain to see the face getting all sore!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ledoyen:
what r the outbreaks like? it must be a pain to see the face getting all sore!
well since i have obtained the genital kind...its like having the chicken pox there.
if you bust one they spread everywhere.

there are medicines and creams and vitamins and change of diets and exercises you can do to help.

but cold sores on the mouth can spread to the genital area thru oral sex.
also to other mouths thru kissing.

50 % of ppl dont know they have it .
they havent broken out yet.
it is dormant in them but they can still spread it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
by the way , whis certain std is not just an std. it is a skin virus.
not carried thru blood and secretions.
its hidden under 2 or 3 layers of your skin.

catch it thru rubbing layers of skin off during sex.

but wouldnt you think you could catch it in many different ways if that is so?

Classic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey penkitten, I have a question because I know you have looked into STD's in depth.

Say you meet someone who hasn't seen any signs of a possible STD infection (no symptoms), but they have it and don't know it. Will a clinic testing for STDs pick up on the infection even if the symptoms haven't started yet? I'm assuming that the test would recognize a disease. Am I correct on this?

~ Classic ~

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Classic:
Hey penkitten, I have a question because I know you have looked into STD's in depth.

Say you meet someone who hasn't seen any signs of a possible STD infection (no symptoms), but they have it and don't know it. Will a clinic testing for STDs pick up on the infection even if the symptoms haven't started yet? I'm assuming that the test would recognize a disease. Am I correct on this?

~ Classic ~
from what i understand classic,
you would know within 1 day to 3 weeks with normal stds like gonnerea clamydia and stuff like that = your symtoms would be burning and discharge and pain.

as far as herpes they can do testing at a std clinic like where i went.i believe the doctor said that another test called a western blot test can be done to see if you have had it for 6 months or less. more than 6 months would show positive. less than 6 months would show negative.
it is very important to get tested for everything at least once a year.just in case.

however i did not have a western blot test yet. i do not know where i got it or when.
i do know that when i had children my obgyn tested for everything each time. with 3 kids i feel as if i didnt have it then.and probally got it this past year.

now from what i understand about aids or hiv, thats just a simple blood test. takes about 3 lab weeks to come back.

seeing how some of these are dormant types = it is a good idea to find a std clinic .
these clinics are either free or charge like 10 bucks and are fast and confidential.
or have a doc see you once a year for a regular checkup and ask him to test ya for everything.make sure herpes is included.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

~ Classic ~
oh one more thing classic...
herpes is not an infection.
infections can be cured thru antibiotics.
herpes is a virus.
a virus can not be cured, but merely controlled as best as possible.

Classic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten:
oh one more thing classic...
herpes is not an infection.
infections can be cured thru antibiotics.
herpes is a virus.
a virus can not be cured, but merely controlled as best as possible.
Thanks penkitten for the information. By the way, I didn't mean to add the word "infection". Oops

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks penkitten for the information. By the way, I didn't mean to add the word "infection". Oops

hey i didnt know until 2 weeks ago either

ghost_x01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Removed for edit and content correction

[This message has been edited by ghost_x01 (edited 03-24-2002).]

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does this mean that you can't get pregnant because the father-to-be would get infected by you as well ?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtws:
Does this mean that you can't get pregnant because the father-to-be would get infected by you as well ?

no. this means that i still can and have to be extra careful not to.
cause if i do = i will have to have a c section most likely.
if i was outbroken when in labor and had a baby the normal way,
they will get it. or they could even loose their sight or something really really bad like that.

my partner , my guy, broke out the day i did.
some partners dont break out at the same time.
some never catch it at all.

Classic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Penkitten,

Were condoms involved at the time you got the STD?

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Penkitten,

Were condoms involved at the time you got the STD?
For herpes and genital warts condoms DO NOT provide any protection as it is the skin that transmits it and not the secretions.

Also, I wanted to add that chlymidia usually does not show visible symtoms, as Penkitten said they did, and that it is important to get tested for it.

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, Penkitten, I'm sorry you're going through that.

Your idea about having a discussion section regarding STD's seems like a good one to me, though maybe a tips section would be even more apropos.

If Sosuave has any objection to it, I'd wager their main concern will be over any possible legal implications if the site is viewed as a source of medical advice. No one gets sued over crummy seduction advice, but there are, unfortunately, a lot of lawsuits over medical advice that didn't provide the hoped for results.

I wonder how other medical-condition focused sites handle that?

Actually, come to think of it, there might already be some *excellent* web sites devoted to these issues with tons of resources, including thriving discussion groups, in which case the most useful thing might be a link or set of links to those sites? What do you think?

DeepBlue

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MsThang:
For herpes and genital warts condoms DO NOT provide any protection as it is the skin that transmits it and not the secretions.

Also, I wanted to add that chlymidia usually does not show visible symtoms, as Penkitten said they did, and that it is important to get tested for it.

thanks for that info, i thought it did. my bad.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeepBlue:
Wow, Penkitten, I'm sorry you're going through that.

Your idea about having a discussion section regarding STD's seems like a good one to me, though maybe a tips section would be even more apropos.

If Sosuave has any objection to it, I'd wager their main concern will be over any possible legal implications if the site is viewed as a source of medical advice. No one gets sued over crummy seduction advice, but there are, unfortunately, a lot of lawsuits over medical advice that didn't provide the hoped for results.

I wonder how other medical-condition focused sites handle that?

Actually, come to think of it, there might already be some *excellent* web sites devoted to these issues with tons of resources, including thriving discussion groups, in which case the most useful thing might be a link or set of links to those sites? What do you think?

DeepBlue

maybe you are right .
a link would be kewl.
i am no dr or genius but i just want everyone to be able to get some kind of info that they need.
i guess the main thing is for everyone here not to be afraid to ask questions if they feel they have gotten something and let everyone help each other out. we are all friends here right?
i dunno if anyone here has ever needed to go to a different site to look stuff up but afraidtoask.com is ok for generally telling you about std's.
maybe they could link that one.
i never thought about gettin sued over medical advise but i knew it would cost to add something and wasnt sure if they could do it.a link is cheaper isnt it?
good idea deep blue