"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Attention AFCs!!!

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
421
Reaction score
2
NOTE: Sorry the formatting is messed up, I'll fix it when I get the chance.

You are an AFC if you experience one or more of the following in your life:

1) You develop "feelings" or "fall in love" with women you've known\dated for a short period of time. (normally around 1 -
2 weeks)


- You fantasize about your life together. Being a couple. Possibly after only the second date.
- You constantly worry about "losing" her so you give in to easily and show her too much attention. Aware that this is going against DJ wisdom.

2) You become fixated or obsessed with ONE woman.

- You think about her constatly. You wonder what she is doing "right now".
- You analyse your every move. You keep second guessing yourself. Wondering if you did anything "wrong" in your last encounter with her.
- You look for signs that she ISN'T interested.
- You worry constantly.
- She seems "so perfect" and you can't imagine being with anyone but her.

3) Rejection hits your VERY hard.

Once you are rejected you:
- Become angry with her for being such a "b__ch".
- Become depressed and feel worthless, a failure.
- It can take a month or more to "recover". (took me 3 months once!)

Why dos AFCs act this way?
It could be any of the following reasons:
- You've never had a girlfriend, STR, or LTR.
- or have had very few GFs.
- You're a virgin.
- You're shy around people in general.
- You're shy around women.

Why does an AFC do these things?
The reason you keep falling in love or developing feelings for a woman so quickly is because of DESPERATION. You rarely date women so when one comes a long you grab hold of her as if you have found the holy grail. You place her on a pedastal. You become so wrapped up in her, hoping she is The One. Because if she isn't then you're going to have to go and APPROACH another woman! GASP! "Oh god, NO!I couldn't possibly risk the rejection! I'd better hang on to this one!"

You become obsessed with her because she is constantly on your mind. You think about how badly you want to have sex with her. You want her to be your girlfriend. You may have finally found a girl that likes you. You want to make sure you get everything perfect. A single mistake could cost you! PEDESTAL!?!

As an AFC you put so much effort into each woman you meet that you raise her value in your own eyes. You have not had many woman who seemed interested in you, so you think this one is special because she likes you. Also, you may have tried REALLY hard to approach her. All this effort just makes you feel she is worth more than she really is. Think about how DJ's use the principle of CHALLENGE to raise their value in the eyes of other women. Do you think the same principle won't affect you?

What are the first steps in recovering from being an AFC?

- Realise that "love at first sight" is a myth. Love takes years to develop. But lust happens in an instant. You might like this girl a lot: She's sexy, intelligent and great to be around. But you don't love her. Look around you - there's plenty of women that would be just as good, if not better. Do you think all these girls with boyfriends are total *****es? Not ALL of them...

- If you haven't dated a lot of women, then you can not possibly be a good judge of the "perfect woman". How can you possibly know what you REALLY like in a woman if you've only dated two? Well, I never realised how important INTELLIGENCE was to me until I met an intelligent woman! DATE LOTS OF WOMEN. LEARN WHAT YOU REALLY WANT.

- Since you haven't dated a lot of women. You shouldn't be looking to settle down. You'll regret it later in life. Go out and date as many women as you can. Experience them all.

- Realise that you're a great guy. Not perfect, nobody is. But you have a lot to offer any woman. If you don't feel this way, then start going to gym and playing sports. Get some hobbies. Study hard. Improve yourself. Learn to respect yourself.

My advice to you

1) Forget about nexting women if you're an AFC. Nexting is what real DJs do to weed out flakey women. By nexting a girl you are losing out on the EXPERIENCE necessary to become a DJ. Many DJs here knew that my last oneitis was an attention *****. They told me to next her. I didn't. But because of that I have learned a lot about women (plus I got to make out with an HB7:D). EXPERIENCE is the best teacher. Learn as much as you can from a woman before you next her. Don't next her at the first little sign of flakiness. Even if she ends up using you, you'll be that much wiser.

2) If a woman likes you enough, she'll go on a date with you. Ask her three times, if she turns you down for all of them she's not interested or is playing games. Move on. Don't just ask once and then give up. Be a little persistant, but not obsessive.

3) When AFCs come here and ask "I have this girls number but, [PLACE IRRELEVANT INFO HERE]. Should I call her?". What they're REALLY asking is "IF I call her up and ask her out, will she reject me?". CALL HER! I don't care if she didn't seem interested. Just GROW SOME BALLS! You ask her out, she says no. The end. If she says yes - great you've got a date!

4) Don't brag to your friends about getting a number/organising a first date. Why not? Well, how stupid are you going to feel if she gave you a false number or cancels at the last minute. Your friends ask, "So how was your date with Sarah?" and you have to tell them about your rejection. It makes rejection easier if you keep your dating life as secretive as possible. I keep all my dates secret until I've been on my first one. That way rejection doesn't hit me as hard.

5) Don't take dating so seriously. Nothing scares of a woman more than a man who wants to "get serious" after 4 dates. Just have fun with her, enjoy each others company. "Go with the flow", let things just happen. Don't force them.

6) If you're not experienced at kissing then you must jsut accept that you'll feel akward. But if she's really into you and it's in private, it won't be so bad. (ASk me, I know :))

7) Try and build a list of numbers. Not easy, I know. But it will help. Keep your options open.

8) Keep busy. This stops you from fantasizing about women. It also shows her you have a life.

What if I'm shy?

Being a shy DJ is challenging. It's bad enough for you just to talk to a MALE that you don't know. Never mind a female! Well, it is still possible to grow the balls to approach a chick when you're shy. So do it. But if you feel your shyness if holding you back, work on it. I am, and it's doing wonders. This all takes time, but be patient and it WILL pay off.

Live your life! Don't waste a single day!

Regards
Santos
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
Super Cool++

Do you know me? LOL...

Very real Santos- well done. Think about this post before every new endeavor.

Mad Snaps *
 

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
very nice post. bible-esque
It is, I'm going to try and live by this mental - I think the difference will be night and day.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
It's about time someone posted a scientific & clinical breakdown of the AFC and how he operates. Long overdue!

1) You develop "feelings" or "fall in love" with women you've known\dated for a short period of time. (normally around 1 - 2 weeks)
It can be 6 hours, 6 days or 6 months to the AFC. There really is no time window for AFC behavior.

This link has been posted before, but EVERYONE needs to give this a read through:

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/jc002.php?artID=157
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
896
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Why the f*ck are you saying that if any of those things happened in our lives we are AFCs? I WAS an AFC, but not any longer and plus who was the one posting about that ONE chick a week or two ago, wanting to know what to do with her when it was obvious that she was just pulling your ****..
 

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
421
Reaction score
2
You're taking it all the wrong way

Originally posted by Ded_Skin_Mask13
Why the f*ck are you saying that if any of those things happened in our lives we are AFCs? I WAS an AFC, but not any longer and plus who was the one posting about that ONE chick a week or two ago, wanting to know what to do with her when it was obvious that she was just pulling your ****..
Relax mate, I said if you "experience on or more of the following". That's present tense, as in, that's what's happening to you RIGHT NOW. Not what's happend in the past. We were all AFCs once.

And if you actually bothered to read the rest of my post you will see I wrote about that chick and how I figured out she was just an attention ***** but I did it for the experience.

I can't help but feel as if you are attacking me. I'm just trying to help AFC's who want to become DJ's. That ONE chick is what helped me realise all this. Please don't insult me or my posts without reading them.

We are or were all AFC's once. Please don't think I'm callling you AFC because of what I posted. I was saying that if you are CURRENTLY experiencing the "symptoms" then you are AFC and I tried to explain why oneitis happens, and what causes AFC actions and how to help yourself if you're an AFC.
 

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
Originally posted by matius
http://www.drjoecarver.com/loser.html

I'm going to read the whole article soon, I wish I read something like this 8 years ago...I notice some things I've done just glancing at it. Yikez.

Yes, very scary information indeed. This was a wake-up-call for me as well, and I have adjusted my lifestyle and dating habits as a result of reading this article. Just remember. It's a two-way street and the door swings both ways. Girls can exhibit this behavior also.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

TC guy

New Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Re: You're taking it all the wrong way

Originally posted by Santos
I can't help but feel as if you are attacking me. I'm just trying to help AFC's who want to become DJ's.
Dude, don't let him get to you man. It is a highly quality article that rank up there with some of the best.

After reading your post Santos, I was like "****!!! Oh my god, oh my freaking god" because you hit the nail on the head when you describe the characteristics of an AFC. What got me so emotional was that description of yours match me exactly too.

Hell, I even admit I'm a AFC currently(learning the DJ ways now). Your article serves as a rude awakening for me as it really help me realize my errors. And I believe realizing your AFC errors is the first step toward making progress.
 
Top