Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Atlas Shrugged trailer

elite7

Don Juan
Reaction score
hope it does well hey email me sometime love rands stuff

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was so eye opening about Atlas Shrugged? I've never read it, but now you've got my interest.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
What was so eye opening about Atlas Shrugged? I've never read it, but now you've got my interest.
Go read it. right now.

If I see another guy reading like, the 10th PUA manual and not reading a classic liek Atlas Shrugged or the fountainhead or the brothers karamazov I"m going to freaking scream.

I literarly have absoutly nothing to do today, no horse racing, tuesdays are dark days, I woke up stupid early even for me and i'm done with work, my son is sleep, girl is sleep. So I have compiled a mini list of books every man should own.
Feel free to add

The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style
1984 by George Orwell
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
(3 random ass tom clancy books, any less and you are uninformed, any more and you are a fanatic. I recommend the Bear and the dragon, rainbow six and the sum of all fears)
Animal Farm
Moby ****
Theodore Roosevelt, The Rough Riders and an Autobiography
James Peterson's Cooking
Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie
Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller
al Capone: The Biography of a Self-Made Man
Bill Evans: How My Heart Sings
Bible
Reminiscences of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
The Firm

That is a pretty well rounded mini book colleciton. You got your history, you got your classics, you got your music, you got yoru religion, you got your sifi, you got your mafia, you got your important people biogrphays you got your novels, you got your popular non fiction. you can't go wrong. all are great books

You can learn alot about a person.. let me rephase that. There are two places, from my experience, that if you leave a woman alone the first time in your house, rather you are cooking dinner or on the phone or in the bathroom whatever, she's going to visit 2 places.

1. your bathroom
2. your book case

these two things, tell a woman everything they want to know about you in a snap shot. do you have a ****ing ring around the toilet? Does your bathroom smell like ****? is it nasty or clean? do you pop pills lol? What kinda books does he read, what is he into if anything? You can fill the rest of the book collection out with books you like but those books right there, are well rounded, a woman cant' do anything but form a good impression about you, books.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good list backbreaker except I hated The Da Dinvi Code.

I would add The Trial by Franz Kafka
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is a must read.

Also I heard Tom Clancy gets a lot of ghostwriters hence why all his books have the same plot:

http://www.brstfilms.com/users/tomklensi.html

Atlas Shrugged was good but I can't see a good movie coming out of it. Some pieces were just meant to stay as books.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this topic attracted some really intelligent people.

I've added ALL of the mentioned books to my half.com wishlist, they will eventually get ordered, delivered, read, and applied to my life. Thanks guys.

I've spent several times more money on books in 2010 than I did on video games and movies combined.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just read Ender's Game a few months ago. I always saw it in the Library and knew it was a classic, just never got around to it. Could not put it down. Excellent book. Insanely good.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well the whole point of y post was not to say these are books that you MUST read, although they are all good books. Truth be told I still have not gotten around to reading moby **** or the counte of monte crisco, i started the latter but never finished.
Those are books however, that when a woman walks through your house and tries to snoop around to get some type of impression of you, she will come and say he is a well rounded, blue blooded american male that has real interests, rather you actually do or not lol.

you don't want a woman snooping around your house and the only 4 books you have on the dresser is "the game", "Secret Exercises to A Bigger Penis: How to get a bigger penis in 60 days", 'The God Delusion" and the latest harry potter book.

see how you made a snap judgement about that person based off 4 books. women do the same thing. not saying you can't have those books (just hide them lol, at least the penis book). You go over my mom's house she has a full case full of religious books, and like 4 real estate, flipping type books. you can make an (accurate) snap judgment about my mother based off what you find in her book shelf.

What is there not to like about a guy who is hip enough to want to read about bill evans, knows his classics like 1984, wants to be successful like Andrew Carnagie, can cook a good meal and knows enough about history to want to know who General MacAuther is? That's a datable guy right there.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the first new movie I've been excited to see since No Country for Old Men.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend:

The Wind Up Bird Cronicles
Kafka on the Shore

Pretty much anything by Murakami is going to be good but those two are my favorites. World War Z was also really good. I'll post more recommendations. I read many novels lately because the last three books I've read were Poker books.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I REALLY liked The Fountainhead, that was eye-opening for me.

But I find Atlas Shrugged very repetitive and boring... maybe it's just me? I still haven't completely finished it, ha. I think you could have compressed the book from 1000 to 300 pages.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK guys. But what is it about?

On youtube comments it looks like commie happyland.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
I REALLY liked The Fountainhead, that was eye-opening for me.

But I find Atlas Shrugged very repetitive and boring... maybe it's just me? I still haven't completely finished it, ha. I think you could have compressed the book from 1000 to 300 pages.
ditto on the fountainhead. I am Rowark to a T as far as my personality.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Just read Ender's Game a few months ago. I always saw it in the Library and knew it was a classic, just never got around to it. Could not put it down. Excellent book. Insanely good.
+1, one of my favorite science fiction books, along with Neuromancer. Both would make amazing movies if done right.

I liked the message and story of Atlas Shrugged but I don't like Rand's writing style, she's very long-winded.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
+1, one of my favorite science fiction books, along with Neuromancer. Both would make amazing movies if done right.

I liked the message and story of Atlas Shrugged but I don't like Rand's writing style, she's very long-winded.
Ender's Game is a classic, can't be recommended enough. Great book to read as a teenager, it instills very good values.

I thing the game Homeworld was inspired by Ender's Game. Epic game.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:

Neuromancer. I still have my paperback copy from the 80s. I hate that the future caught up with Gibson, he essentially has nothing to write about now. He's like Paul Atreides with no more prescience. (damn I Nerd Outted myself hard there).

I used to work in a book store and would notice all the college kids coming in to read Ryn. I never actually read any of her books but I've read enough about them to get the gist. The movie looks interesting.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a DJ paradox for you:

Reading Atlas Shrugged was a religious experience for me. That book put to words my inner truth that I can barely find words to describe, and the thought that a woman had written it blew my mind.

Atlas Shrugged spoke to my soul in such a manner that I thought, "I want to marry the woman who wrote this." And upon seeing Ayn Rand, it is obvious that she was rather homely; but it didn't dissuade me at all. The woman who possessed the character and the mind to create that masterpiece is worthy of my life.

Since I cannot marry Ayn Rand, if I am to ever be married, it will be a character reminiscent of hers that would capture my attention. She was the best woman who ever lived.