"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

At the club: getting #'s from 2 girls in the same group--possible?

AlexanderX

New Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I've run into this situation more than once already and I want to know if I'm handling it right. I go to the club and my whole strategy has been to start talking to a bunch of girls (assuming they're hot) that come to the club by themselves (without any guys.) So far, it's worked great. I just start up a conversation and the next thing you know, I'm talking to them for a while and dancing with them.

What I want to know is, if 2 of the girls in the group are showing interest, is it possible to get both their numbers or is that too player like? I assume the friends will talk to each other, realize that I got both their numbers, and never want to talk to me again.

Take for example this past Friday night. I was doing my thing and ended up talking to and dancing with a group of 3 girls. I concentrated on talking to and dancing with 1 of them but that girl's cousin kept wanting to freak me as well (which I did and enjoyed cause she was hot too.) I got the main chick's number but I'm pretty sure I could have gotten her cousin's number as well.

My question then: is it possible to get both chick's numbers or if I want more than one number a night, do I basically have to go to a completely different group of girls?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
if you get the other girl's number. you mess up on all girls. focus on one girl only.
 

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
705
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
The World In My Eyes
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
if you get the other girl's number. you mess up on all girls. focus on one girl only.
Yeah, you gotta separate them and get the numbers...But you never know, if you seperate them and you get both numbers, they could find out you tried them both and they might get mad...Do it anyway...
 

AlexanderX

New Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
Yeah, you gotta separate them and get the numbers...But you never know, if you seperate them and you get both numbers, they could find out you tried them both and they might get mad...Do it anyway...
If they might get mad, why should I do it anyway?

Girls talk way too much so I'm thinking if I get numbers from 2 girls on the same night that are friends, they'll definately know and will write me off. I'm thinking getting only one number per group of friends makes sense.
 
Top