Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Astrology as a daily guide

Where you at?

• I am able to read a horoscope and know what it says about what's going to happen.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I only read it for intertainment, I can not say that horoscope is able to predict my day.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I don't believe in horoscope. It's never right.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire, your own horoscope proves what utter crap horoscopes are.

You are known for being idealistic, generous, sociable, cheerful and very positive.
Hence the 12-page threads on how negative this site is, and how it sucks, and how people are frauds.

You tend to keep your feelings under control
In which strange alternate reality Mirror Universe did this horoscope come from?

You are distrustful of others whose behavior could be judged excessive or immoderate.
Like the abusers, drug users, felons, and the alcoholics that you like to pick up at AA?

You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things.
I would type something really witty about that, but I'm laughing so hard that chocolate milk is coming out my nose.

You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason.
Like the logic and reason of thinking that the position of stars and planets and asteroids and moons on the moment of a person's birth will influence a person's personality? Or like the logic and reason of being a 40-something-year-old divorced woman with kids on a men's forum constantly railing against how that forum does not conform to her every expectation of how she deserves to be worshipped?

You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life.
As long as you can fit it in between your posts at 06:38 PM, 06:33 PM, 06:20 PM, 06:08 PM, 05:59 PM, 05:56 PM, 05:42 PM, 05:35 PM, 05:28 PM, 05:13 PM, 04:58 PM...

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Capricorn
Gemini Rising
Libra Moon

It's helped me get laid, better understand clients, models and others in my life. It's not always 100%, but it's close enough for me.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Astrology and horoscopes poison your mind, dull your senses, and it's safer to trip out on LSD.

By the way, Phil Plaitt and James Randi kick every astrologer's ass.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Okay...which critic of astrology is going to give their birthdate and place of birth for me to run a quick chart for them? You can PM the info if you don't want to post it...time of birth is good too...but isn't necessary to do a chart. Your ascendant sign probably will be wrong (first paragraph of results), but the rest won't be affected.
Hah, isn't that characteristic of horoscopes—accept what fits and reject what doesn't. And by your own logic, everyone born on the same day in the same place will have the same personality, i.e. same results, but everyone born on the same day at the same time in the same place (unbeknownst to your measuring stick) will have different personalities.

If time of birth and birth place matter, try 12:00pm in Burlington, Virginia.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wÿldfire said:
now that you mention it I am pretty dumb, huh?
Yes, considering the fact you're not her.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I picked C because there's no option for Horoscopes being vague and full of autosuggestion

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Gio...

The person you see on this site when being repeatedly attacked non-stop for over 4 years is not a complete representation of who I am.

You also cannot judge people based only on the worst mistake they made. You need to look at people as a whole. I look at people as a whole and judge them on who they have become and how they grow after making a mistake. The ex con never called me a name, raised his voice at me, never hurt me in any way and was the most loving man I will likely every meet...and he made me extremely happy for the 5 years we were together before he died.

The abuser and alcoholic were one man...the ex husband who I was with during a time that I had my own issues to work through. I worked through those and left him...almost 14 years ago. I have NEVER even dated a drug addict. My daughter's father got addicted to drugs about 6 years AFTER I stopped seeing him. He was NOT an addict when I got involved with him for the two weeks we were seeing each other. Claiming I date drug addicts because someone I dated for two weeks over 6 years ago is quite a stretch.

You don't know me...but I know me...and those statements are extremely accurate and a very good representation of my true personality.

And I've posted a lot because I am posting between collecting information for a college project. I post while sh*t is printing...so shoot me.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Hah, isn't that characteristic of horoscopes—accept what fits and reject what doesn't. And by your own logic, everyone born on the same day in the same place will have the same personality, i.e. same results, but everyone born on the same day at the same time in the same place (unbeknownst to your measuring stick) will have different personalities.

If time of birth and birth place matter, try 12:00pm in Burlington, Virginia.
Horoscopes are crap. Charts are actually pretty darn good...but NEVER pay to get them done. There are books where you can learn to do your own and people you know. It's pretty darn accurate and kinda fun, too. I got into it for fun and was skeptical...but I found that the charts I did using a couple of books I had were really accurate. No one should try to plan their lives around stuff like this...but it is interesting and worth doing a free chart.

It's more accurate if you know the time and place of birth. Regarding people being born in the same place at the same time and on the same day...if you get two people born at the same minute they would be very similar...but they would most likely have differences in how strong their different traits are. For instance...if both charts have venus (represents love and relationships as well as some other areas) in scorpio one of them might be extremely vindictive but not that jealous where the other might be overly jealous but less vindictive. They would have the same basic traits, but other influences from socialization and how they were raised would influence which areas were stronger than others. Also...if two people are born just 5 minutes apart they won't have the same exact chart. Some of the planets are moving in and out of signs very quickly, so it's likely at least one or two would have changed signs in that time.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Wÿldfire said:
now that you mention it I am pretty dumb, huh?
You know what they say...imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Excuse me. This thread is about what people think of horoscopes. Here we don't play I'm better than you and you suck type of sh1t. Some of you need to grow up, and I mean GROW UP, right now.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
djSlvt said:
Excuse me. This thread is about what people think of horoscopes. Here we don't play I'm better than you and you suck type of sh1t. Some of you need to grow up, and I mean GROW UP, right now.
Here is some astrological information about the significance of Planets, Signs and Houses:

A Planet is:

1. a PSYCHOLOGICAL FUNCTION [or a Spiritual Ideal]
2. a CAPACITY to EXPRESS a certain PART OF THE PSYCHE
3. a POTENTIAL ENERGY which SEEKS EXPRESSION
4. a DRIVE or MOTIVATION TO BE or BECOME or DO
5. a DESIRE to ACT OUT a CERTAIN THEME
6. a NEED or HUNGER which SEEKS SATISFACTION
7. an OBJECTIVE which USES THE STRATEGY OF A SIGN
8. an ENERGY which has POSITIVE & NEGATIVE POLARITIES
9. a CURRICULUM of LESSONS to be learned.

A Sign is:

1. a PSYCHOLOGICAL PROCESS, working out a FUNCTION
2. a MANNER of EXPRESSING certain parts of THE PSYCHE
3. a WAY of EXPRESSING a POTENTIAL ENERGY
4. a FILTER to FOCUS & COLOUR a DRIVE or MOTIVATION
5. a STRATEGY for ACTING OUT a certain THEME
6. a PREFERRED WAY of SATISFYING a NEED or HUNGER
7. a STRATEGY to achieve the OBJECTIVE of a PLANET
8. a POSITIVE or NEGATIVE EXPRESSION of an ENERGY
9. a WAY of EMPHASIZING certain LESSONS to be learned
10. an EVOLUTIONARY METHOD, a WAY of GROWING.

A House is:

1. a MANIFESTATION of a PSYCHOLOGICAL PROCESS
2. a FIELD of ACTIVITY for THE PSYCHE
3. a PLACE or SITUATION in which to EXPRESS an ENERGY
4. a DIRECTION for a DRIVE or MOTIVATION to MANIFEST
5. a THEATRE where certain THEMES are ACTED OUT
6. a SITUATION or EVENT which SATISFIES a NEED
7. a TERRAIN where a STRATEGY can ACCOMPLISH an OBJECTIVE
8. an AREA of APPLICATION of an ENERGY using a STRATEGY
9. an AREA of LIFE where ENERGIES can MANIFEST as EVENTS,
or RESULT in REALIZATIONS, or TEACH a LESSON
10. a PLACE where LESSONS are LEARNED.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Astrology is one of the most fascinating things you can study. You could actually study it all your life and still not learn everything. There are a lot of references to mythology and if you like mythology, Astrology is easier to understand if you really like mythology and symbolism. You have to be open to possibilities and theories rather than be able to get hard answers...but if you enjoy complicated associations and piecing together puzzles mentally then astrology is perfect to study and learn about as a hobby. It doesn't mean you have to believe in it or swear to it...and it is fascinating.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Horoscopes are crap. Charts are actually pretty darn good...but NEVER pay to get them done.
Since “personalized” horoscopes are derived from charts, if one is crap then the other must by extension be crap. But worry not, I never give criminals money.
There are books where you can learn to do your own and people you know.
That's cold reading for strangers and hot reading for acquaintances but it's all merely nothing but a magic trick. And no, horoscopes are not accurate; you are confusing accuracy with reliability.
if you get two people born at the same minute they would be very similar...but they would most likely have differences in how strong their different traits are.
Regarding the first half of your sentence, that has been scientifically demonstrated to be patently false. Regarding the latter, all I see are weasel words attempting to make astrology non-falsifable, diluting the results to make anything a "hit".

In case you missed it the first time, click here. Phil Plaitt is a widely respected astronomer who has worked at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and he wrote a brilliant essay which totally annihilates beyond any recognition even a shred of possibility that astrology exists—even if “unknown forces” were in play. His essay is airtight, impenetrable, and very easy to read. So, if you are willing to contend...
if two people are born just 5 minutes apart they won't have the same exact chart. Some of the planets are moving in and out of signs very quickly, so it's likely at least one or two would have changed signs in that time.
...you must either abandon your set of facts or giggle and say you're just joking about the planets.

Wyldfire, since you seem to portray yourself as an astrologer, even if perhaps only recreationally, but certainly that it's your expertise, having studied it for some five years through reading... why don't you (or any astrologers you know or whose books you read) take the JREF $1 Million Paranormal Challenge? Lucky you, astrology is included in the definition of paranormal. Certainly, there can be devised a testing protocol to conduct an experiment of astrology under controlled conditions... a testing protocol for which you devise! For that matter, no astrologer has ever agreed to take the challenge (and followed through!) They waffle through excuses of “the money isn't there” (it is) or “I don't need the money” (give it to charity!) and their reluctance is quite telling.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Gio...

Blah blah blah, stuff Gio doesn't care about, blah blah, irrelevent crap, blah blah, et cetera.

Yes, I am sure that you are totally sane and well-adjusted most of the time and you are only an unhinged loon headcase when you post here, and I'm sure that the fact that Saturn is retrograde through the cusp of the house of Sagitarius or whatever-the-f*ck will totally back you up on that.

My main concern at this point is the horrible, total piece of sh*t printer you must have that keeps you a slave to this forum hour after hour, day after day. Unless you're going to college to learn how to be a printing press, there should be no reason for you to have to spend 18 hours a day waiting for things to print. I know some people who know some people, and if I put in a call I'm sure I can arrange for you to get a really good, high-speed printer that will really reduce the amount of time that you are stuck waiting for things to print.

Then, you'll be here less, which means you'll have more time to do all of those totally sane and well-adjusted things that you do when you're not here. And then there will be less threads about how negative everything is or whatever it is you're pissed off about this week/day/hour. So it's totally a win-win for everyone involved.

Let me know about that printer thing, kay?

Reaction score
djSlvt said:
Does anybody else find astrology to be so well tuned as to be able to give you an idea about the day ahead?

The more I improve myself, the more I focus on myself, the more I understand what I read in the horoscope. It's not even a "sure it gets some things right" thing anymore, it says exactly what's going to happen. You just need to listen to it. Remember DD's communication model. A horoscope is much the same, it speaks to your inner self. The more you "intune with yourself, or whatever" the better it speaks to you, and better you understand it.

Answers I need for the day, I go on www.astrology.com and find it in my dail horoscope, be it daily, extended, singles, couples, flirt, or quickie. I read, and I know what's going to happen.

Amazing stuff!
Astrology is PURE BULLSH*T it's so GENERAL and VAGUE, so it fits somehow in you're life. Chicks love this horoscope and eat it up, cuz it tells them what to do and they believe that it works. (EX. Wyldfire) Don't believe in this stuff, it's all MADE UP.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
Chicks love this horoscope and eat it up, cuz it tells them what to do and they believe that it works.
Yes. Women have a stronger propensity than men to believe in astrology, psychics, tarot cards, talking to the dead; because, I think, they are things which if only they were true would affect their life; but whereas men, by the contrary, are more apt to believe in UFOlogy, cryptozoology; things with more obscure practicality. Thanks to Nancy, Ronald Reagan planned his schedules around horoscopes and if the leader of a huge nation (capable of mass destruction) believed in such quackery on behalf of his wife... that is perilous.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to be fair about horoscopes, as I know I have a pretty closed mind about things like astrology and such. So I picked up the phone and rang Miss Cleo. Remember her? She's not an astrologer, but she was always awesome with the tarot cards, and who can resist that awesome Jamaican accent?

She was all like, "Ya man, I can help ya wit tis horoscope ting."

So I said, "Please, everyone on this forum really wants to know if it's real or not. One way we can prove it is if you do a horoscope for May 31, 2007. And if it comes true, then we'll know it's all for real."

And she said, "Ya man, I can do tis." Then she pushed her dreadlocks back, lit up some weed, and produced the following. As much as I hate to say it, it looks like it will be surprisingly accurate.

Aries: Money will be an issue for you today. You would think that $5 for a handj*b in the back of an alley isn't too much, but it can really add up when you do it as much as you do.

Taurus: Now is the time to consider home improvements. For example, that room where you take underaged boys could use some brighter colors.

Gemini: Job opportunities will be knocking down your door today, Gemini. Somehow word got out that nobody can make a horse ejaculate faster than you.

Cancer: Ed McMahon will show up with your check today. Hold on a second, no -- that was somebody else. Sorry.

Leo: You are a lover of animals. But the animals don't like it.

Virgo: Today will be a learning experience for you, Virgo. For example, you will learn that she was really a man all along.

Libra: People born between September 23 and October 22 are just intrinsically awesome people. There is no exception to this, and that's just the way astrology works, I guess.

Scorpio: You will think about purchasing a new vehicle today. Consider all the necessary details: automatic power windows in front? Is there a place to put a basket of puppies and maybe some candy? How quickly can you reach through the door, pull the kids inside, close the door, and drive off?

Sagitarius: You can be lucky in love if you know where to look. The stars suggest Alcoholics Anonymous meetings or possibly prison.

Capricorn: You will follow Ross Jeffries's advice and cry in hopes a girl will feel sorry for you and sleep with you. It won't work.

Aquarius: Health concerns will be at the forefront today when you arrive at a medical clinic with a case of gonhorrea so bad that you make the doctor throw up.

Pisces: You don't need to be a doctor to know that those are genital warts, Pisces.
I don't know how she did it, but Miss Cleo has made a believer out of me!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score