"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Asserting myself and saying "no" feels awkward.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I've been trying very hard lately to overcome my image as a pushover. I've overcome most of my AFC traits, have a lot of confidence, but I'm trying to overcome that awkard feeling I get when I assert myself or say "no".

Recently a friend did something cheeky across me. I offered to buy her a coffee and she ordered a coffee, sandwiches and a can of Coke for later. She then asked me "Are you getting these?"

I refused on the principle of the matter, but I felt I needed to justify myself by saying "I don't have enough money", instead of simply saying "no".

I've had other friends and girlfriends who do the same. They'll order drinks, food or sometimes go to buy something in a shop, and when they're at the counter and it's time to pay, they turn to me and tell me they haven't enough money and ask me to pay.

In the past I always used to cave in to that awkward feeling and give them the money, which earned me a reputation as a pushover and encouraged them to do it again...while losing respect for me too. In fact, I think they're often doing it to test my generosity.

I just get this awkward feeling when I refuse, even though I know they're out of line. Anyone else feel like this or know how to deal with it without causing a scene?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
If I was EVER in that situation, and had a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't totally accidental (who doesn't carry a CC or something to pay with?) II wouldn't hang out with them again...
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
OOOOOO! It's like reading about myself! I've often been the stuck with the bill by my so-called friends. I've learned to avoid it by the following methods.

1-Pretend you're broke! Place your order with the clerk, "I can only afford a coffee and pastry." If your friends try to add on their meals to your tab, just repeat the order. "I can only afford a coffee and pastry."

2-If you want to buy her a coffee & sandwich, then YOU order it for her. Don't let her say a word.

3-As DankNuggs suggested, quit hanging out with them!
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
Just call her on that ****. If some chick tries to make you pay for food or whatever at the counter and says she doesnt have enough money, just throw at her "Well, thats really too bad, I guess you will just have to watch me enjoy mine." Honestly, i used to be a pushover in my afc days but that was because i wanted to be i guess. I would go out of my way to try and buy things for chicks. Now I get that same funny feeling your talking about only but its when i say yes, and the chicks i used to be supplicating to actually gave me respect for it. Trust me dude, you will get better reactions from women and feel better about yourself when you stop supplicating.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Man, these dialogue posts I do make me feel all giddy inside. So here's another one:

(true btw)

We were gonna see a movie and I was buying tickets. With a group of friends. I was second to last. The girl at the end was my old oneitis who still thinks she can control me and stuff.

me: one ticket please.
her: you mean two?
me: no I mean one.
her: aren't you getting one for me? (does a flirty little smile, but my heart is black now)
me: ......what do YOU think?
her: yes??? (flirty smile again)
me: wrong answer, lady.

DAAAYUUM!!!! Burned....but yea, the cashier was cracking up.

Anywho, I was a little harsh back there. Now for you.

all you gotta do is repeat your offer.

her: aren't you getting these?
me: what the....I don't want you to get fat. Just the coffee is enough.

Now if she's a freeloader, you can just be harsh cuz its justified.

her: aww, I won't get fat.
me: you mean...fat....ER

DAYUM!!! haha that was a joke...may get you slapped.

her: aww, I won't get fat.
me: listen lady...I was TRYIN' to be nice. But now....now you just crossed the line. I ain't getting you ANYTHING.

This is where they beg. Then you end up only getting her the coffee and they feel thankful.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Thanks.

Usually when this happens, I either stop hanging out with them or I bring it up when it's too late (a week later when they have no idea what to think).

But with women I definitely think it's a test and they actually want to see me stand up to them. I need to be more firm, but it's kind of hard going against all my nice-guy conditioning sometimes.
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
I hear ya, Dirtheart. But, man, you have no idea how good it feels when you get over that hump. Happened to me twice yesterday, and it made me realize that suddenly the Bible and the practice and the boot camp and all that were paying off. The better of the two was when I was eating some M&Ms and this girl who had, admittedly, pretty much walked all over me all year came up and asked for some. I said no. She looked all pouty and tried again. No. She turned around and sat on my lap and asked again. No. She ran her hands up my arm and asked again. No. She finally got up and walked away saying I was such a douche, but "amazingly" a few minutes later we're joking around.

Booyah. :cool:
 
Top