Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aspergers Syndrome (trouble with social situations)

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's come to my attention that my father has Aspergers syndrome. The main symptom is severe trouble with social situations.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

Here are some of the other symptom:

-- Not pick up on social cues and lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
-- Dislike any changes in routines.
-- Appear to lack empathy.
-- Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
-- Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the term "beckon" instead of "call," or "return" instead of "come back."
-- Avoid eye contact.
-- Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
-- Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as doing intricate jigsaw puzzles, designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or astronomy.
-- Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

Does anyone here have further information or input on this milder variant of Autistic Disorder?

EDIT: For Anything Else

Regards,

Eric

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this sux bro
Does ur dad have a job any where, or his illness makes him disabled?

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
this sux bro
Does ur dad have a job any where, or his illness makes him disabled?
He has a masters degree in electrical engineering and has a great job, however he is the sux0rs in social situations.

Some speculate that Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein had this social condition.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I gather, it seems like there is no drug therapy for AS. Some behavioral therapy that focuses on specific cognitive deficit is all that is needed for adults.

Good news is that you as a family can support and encourage him while he develops socially. Keep in mind that autistic society prefers to NOT consider AS a disability.

Since it's genetic, there is slight chance that you might have some mild form of it. I doubt, at age 33, that you will "suffer" from it since most diagnosis are done at a young age.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, as well as keanu reeves and al Gore

I was surpirsed when i read this info, then i saw a couple of youtube videos by Gore... he indeed exibits signs of Asperger's. Talks kind of "to himself" when interviewed, empty-looking eyes, etc... I know about this because there were a few guys in my college with this syndrome, and unfortunately that's what they were known for - being creepy. one of them always would approach girls and try to kino, etc but it all looked pretty unnatural. I felt bad for the guy because he tried and has more balls then 99% of the rest of us.

Moreover, asperger's varies in how much it affects the patient. Some are almost normal, whereas some as almost completely resemble autistism

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know, bat, in terms of drugs... even though nothing is "prescribed" for it... substances such as vicodin/hydrocodone (makes you talk/act more smooth) adderall/amphetamine (makes you more confident), benzodiazepines (more relaxed) and alcohol (less inhibitions) all help socially.
But of course since his dad is older, these are probably not an option for him, nor does he need them. If i had aspergers i would take one of the above to socially improve.