Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aspartame in protein shakes causes cancer

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just looked this up on google and I found out about a recent study on lab rats and it found that when these rats were dose-dependent on aspartame, they had increased rates of certain tumors and leukemia. Aspartame is an artificial sweetner found in diet soda drinks and things like that, and also if found in some whey proteins. I have Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein and I looked up the ingredients online, and it has aspartame in it, but on the back of the jug, it doesn't say it's in it, but it really is, and it's kinda worrying me. I have been taking it and I like the protein shake, but I don't wanna get cancer from it.

Any opinions? Should I still take it or not?

Here's the link http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sep...es_cancer_original_studies_showed_problem.htm

El Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
Found this link. This one says that aspartame does not cause any kind of cancer or anything.....http://ific.org/publications/brochures/aspartamebroch.cfm

No. It is physiologically impossible for aspartame to cause cancer. Aspartame itself never enters the bloodstream; rather it is broken down in the gastrointestinal tract to small amounts of common dietary components including the amino acids, aspartic acid and phenylalanine, and methanol. We consume these same components in much greater amounts from common foods, such as milk, meat, fruits and vegetables. The body handles these components in the same way it handles them when derived from other food sources. In addition, long-term and lifetime tests in rats and mice with extremely large amounts of aspartame showed no evidence of brain tumors or any kind of cancer associated with aspartame.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're worried about it, get unflavoured whey, or flavoured whey without sweetener. There's too much conflicting information out there that I can't be bothered to read, and I also eat very little processed food, so avoiding artificial sweetners is easy for me.