Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Asking Out a Co Worker

Modro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi new to the site, some good stuff =) Heres my story of woe.

I work at a supermarket im 18 i've been single now for like 2 years mostly by choice,in that time i asked out 1 girl who just wanted to be friends. Any way there is a girl at work 10/10 perfect i've admired her from afar for like a year i work in a department bit and she has to work on the shop floor. The girl same age as me has to walk past my section alot and she is just amasing looking. But she is so friendly and open to anyone always with a smile. I have barely spoken to her as i didnt wanna be in the 'friend' boundry without trying to at least try to get her.

Recently she has become single and we had our first small conversation, i am awefully shy with women i simply cannot approach although i have just started reading this site and it has clued me in on a few things. Anyway i was walking past she said hi had about 2-3 little questions as i was leaving felt a bit annoyed i didnt stay there and have a proper conversation.

My plan so to speak, is to build a bit of confidence before i go to work on Saturday, or maybe wait untill monday on my day off and come in and ask her out/ her number.

I have a few days where i am prac eye contact, confidence and approach. What im asking is there anything major wroung with the plan and any good tips i may not have read in this situation.

Basically walk up say hi a few questions how she is ETC when does she normally work when is she free, wanna go out for a drink, Yes no? Ok whats your Number ill call u up later on .... K unleash your wisdom.

Mod

Mr Spitfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you like your job I dont recommend it.

Based on what you said about yourself you arent nearly cool enough to pull off what you are planning.

That is not a dis. I would practice your DJing skills on other girls, more attainable girls. She is HOT according to you. She has lots of options. She isnt going to committ right away. You have some time, if she was with this guy for several months you have a lot of time. Brush up your skills on other girls. Maintain some distance from her as you have been doing.

Occasionally show some special interest in her. Like checking her out and when you are caught smile at her.

The key is don't get fixated on her. Think about other girls, not her. Don't think about her at all. You have this plan to build up confidence and ask her out? It doesnt work like that. Anticipation leads to disaster, not confidence. Trying to build confidence is anticipation.

When you decide to go in for it though think about being cool, as in nonemotional and like its nothing at all. Also think exactly what you are going to say. The plan should be just some kind of frivelous and fun date, without a follow up date. You ask her out again like a couple of weeks later, sooner if she is showing lots of interest in you after the date. But seriously get another girl or girls. You are biting off way more than you can chew.

She is not going to make you her boyfriend if you don't know what you are doing and you don't have a clue. Its trial and error so make the errors with some other girls. You might run into eachother a couple years later and if you didn't blow it now you might get another shot.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Haha you're headed for a burn.

Hell, go ahead and do it if you want. But what I'd do if I were you is do all of the flirting, teasing, fun stuff but NOT close her for a phone number or date, just to practice being able to talk to beautiful women.

I hear what you're saying you're going to do, and it's a good plan, except that from what you said, you're going to be sweating and trembling, looking at the ground, talking in a meek, unsure voice, and worrying yourself to death about how she answers. And she's going to tell you she'd rather just be friends or make some other excuse.

But maybe you need to feel that so you can get USED to being in that position where the potential for rejection (in fact, a near-GUARANTEE of rejection) exists.

Go on. Ask her out. Get rejected. That's what you need. You need to get comfortable with being at that risk level, start to enjoy the rush you get when you talk to a beautiful woman and risk rejection for a chance at affection, instead of interpreting that rush as fear.

But try to think to yourself when you approach her, when you start shaking and getting anxious, instead of feeling nervous and saying "Ohmigod I hope she likes me", say to yourself, "Yeah, this is f00king AWESOME! I'm hitting on this hot chick!" Hold your head high and take your ego-beating like a defiant sonofab!tch who can't be held back in life by something as pathetic as a rejection. :D

And ****, if she, by some bizarre chance says "yes" and I get proved wrong, more power to you. :)