Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Asking for money back from an EX

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thought I'd ask the brighter people here, should I ask for the money I spent in financially supporting an ex or not ?? Or am I better to let it go and learn from it ??

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let it go.
I imagine you didn't have an agreement that she would pay you back.
Likely, it would take time to pay you back and it's something that will connect you and annoy you for some time.

SH

acw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Send her a Bill for Services Rendered.

Itemize it so there is no misunderstanding.

If she slept with you...show an itemized deduction. I'm sure she will figure out the implications.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Typical,
Best to tell us what Jurisdiction you live under....If Australia or US,Which State?Also your relationship with the Ex,the amount of Bread,were there kids?....Generally speaking this a can of worms you would be opening....If an Aussy,no Man I have met ever walks away from a Family Law Court with a smile on his face.....No my friend those places are just venues for torturing a Man by extracting his wallet through his Anus.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Zealand to be exact thats where I'm from and no we did not have any kids nor live together ........... wow this sounds really bad now. And its from a time where I broke some cardinal rules and thought I was being a better and bigger man by helping out a person in need as I was earning a good 50-80k a year.

The ex gf lost her job in April 2008 due to Regency duty free pulling out of NZ, I supported her financially till January 2010. The exact amounts will take me a good few weeks of digging to find out but it is roughly around 200 to 400 a week which makes it between 16000 and 32000.

We broke up last year July due to me tearing my back in January 2010 and losing my job, I havn't spoken to her since July last year and she got married to some electrician in February this year.

Yes we did not have a written agreement that she would pay me back but she did say it on more than one occasion that she would "pay me back one day".

I have a gut feeling that I should just stay away as I know it will be opening up old wounds that haven't had enough time to heal as I'm still very very bitter about the whole story.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes the signs all mega red flags had been there since day one I could list around a dozen of the top of my head but I let my ego blind my judgement plus I was earning good money in a so called bad economy and was in top shape.

I talked to a few old guys that I've known for years and they all say its best I leave it alone and just put it down to a bad investment which went belly up.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Typical,
Sorry my old Kiwi mate but yerve dun your Dough....look even had you signed her up to a contract JP's the works she would simply ignore your letters...If it went to Court,the Judge would award in your favour....Due to her penurious circumstances he would not apportion costs,best might be he garnishees her wages some pathetically small amount a week say $2....There is no justice this side of Paradises gates for Men like us....Just put it down to experience,and move on.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typical I'm curious have you found a new job yet mate?
I was in a similar situation, where I was letting a buddy stay with me virtually rent free, he took advantage of the situation and decided to let his girl move in among other crap i.e. not cleaning up after himself. continuously leaving the lights on, eating my food etc. Needless to say I had to put my foot down and now him and his "2 month" girl are out the house

Honestly Chalk it up as a bad investments mate but learn from it, I was trying to help a friend, and got taking advantage of. Next time I'm in that situation I won't

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You can ask for it. I guarantee you won't get it, she'll resent you for it, and she'll tell everyone she can how much of an *sshole you are for asking for it. But you can ask, if it'll make you feel better.

Personally, I'd just be a man and live with the consequences of your mistake.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother. If you have all the paper trail with you, you could seek the advice of lawyer and see whether you have a strong case there.

If she had any honor or integrity she would have payed you back without you needing to ask.

Women use men for cash & free gifts all the time under the guise of a relationship and then rationalize to themsleves that they don't owe anything back because they slept with that person.

The one thing you did wrong was supporting this cvnt for almost 2 years. I do understand that she was your girlfriend and all and if you had to means you could help, however it should have been done:

1) Short term basis (no longer then 3 months). You became her sugar daddy instead of a boyfriend and she saw that she can milk it as long as she did (until you got injured and couldn't work so she went to find another sucker).

2) You should have gotten your money back in payments without you asking for it.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
always remember women view their vajayjays as literally priceless...you could give her three ferraris, a home in the south of france, and a racehorse from dubai and she would still think her hairy **** is worth more.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I have a job now but its barely over minimum, I have also gone back to finish off my studies just to get them done and out of the way, so I'm only working part time.

I still get angry somedays for walking around in my early twenties blwoing money at cafe's restaurants bars etc, having a wardrobe filled with expensive crap was nice back then, today it's just a painful reminder of how I should have invested much more of my earnings.

I think the asking for money back only popped into my head due to me being in a tight spot right now. Good thing this has happened to me again in my mid twenties so I can relearn this lesson lol, last time I was a teen and made a similar mistake oh well live and learn ............. again lol.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you won't find an answer in this. I'd let it go. Money comes and it goes. Just realize, you are blessed to make it. You're only 27.

You still have alot of "living" to do....