Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ask for advice

Courageous

Reaction score
What do you think about relationships at work? Or maybe not to be in a relationship but only to have sex? Is it possible to hit on your manager? There is my manager who I really like. I commented on her status saying stay sweet and she replied to me :

I appreciate the nice words, but please don’t say to me things like that. I’m your manager.

What to do? Tips, advice

Billtx49

Reaction score
“but please don’t say to me things like that. I’m your manager.“ = We have a business only work relationship and we need to keep it that way …

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of all the women in your workplace, in your social circle, on the streets, in your city, you have to hit on your manager, the single person on whom your job and career depend? Just don't do it man. Apologize and move on, this was a bad move.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s common knowledge: “don’t sh!t where you eat”

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Breh Ive mentioned it plenty of times on here, I got fired from a job last year for sleeping with multiple employees from diff departments and talking to like 5-6 diff chicks.

Not only did it get me fired, some of the people I was friends with there stopped talking to me.. might just be a coincidence that they did but I think some of them thought of me as a womanizer/Andrew Tate type

I used to have the stance "dont mess wit anyone at work and dont hit at girls at the gym"... but, I'm at a point in life where alot of my actions happen almost subconsciously.. can't really help myself lol. Blame it on ADHD?

I would say if you got a backup plan, go for it. If not, don't. See I only got that job to kill time since I'm my own boss and at the time was working less than 10 hours a week and needed something to keep me busy and get me out the house more.

Funny enough.. It was only after I left that someone even told me that "You know <name of manager> liked you too" "She told <chick from backoffice> thats why she brought you into the jewelry department"

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think about relationships at work? Or maybe not to be in a relationship but only to have sex? Is it possible to hit on your manager? There is my manager who I really like. I commented on her status saying stay sweet and she replied to me :

I appreciate the nice words, but please don’t say to me things like that. I’m your manager.

What to do? Tips, advice
A lot of this depends upon the type of work you do and how your current job fits into your career.

If you're working a white collar type job, then it's not a good idea to try to start and to maintain romantic relationships with your co-workers. There's a lot of risk in doing this. I'll highlight the reasons one by one.

A lot of white collar, office/corporate roles have environments that actively discourage starting these interactions though strict harrassment rules, #MeToo, and other policies. These elements are enforced by the Human Resources Departments, which is usually staffed by anti-male feminists.

If you manage to sidestep HR problems with your interactions with women at work, then there's the reality that romantic interactions fail. As a result, you now have to regularly interact with someone with whom you shared a failed romantic interaction. Depending on the length and intensity of the romantic interaction, this can range from mildly annoying and very unpleasant. Mildly annoying would be an interaction that was 1-2 dates with no sex prior to failure. Very unpleasant would be some sort of multiple month to multiple year romantic relationship that failed. Dealing with this person will stink and will likely cause you to go want to get a new job. It's not easy to get a new white collar job, regardless of economic conditions. It usually takes somewhere between multiple months to a year to find a new white collar job.

This is why people say, don't shiit where you eat.

There are types of jobs where a man can get away with starting romantic interactions at work. These are usually in lower to moderate wage service sector jobs which are often not long term jobs. These happen in gyms, bars, restaurants, retail stores, and nightlife. Nightclub bouncers date strippers and female bartenders regularly. Male and female fitness trainers in gyms tend to have sex a decent amount. A lot of young (usually under 25) retail store and restaurant workers have short term sexual relationships with each other, and then move on to other lines of work, sometimes while one or both attends college and then later goes into white collar work.

Blue collar work tends not to have a lot of females in it, so it's rare that blue collar males have dating opportunities at work.

Out of all the women in your workplace, in your social circle, on the streets, in your city, you have to hit on your manager, the single person on whom your job and career depend? Just don't do it man. Apologize and move on, this was a bad move.
I agree that a female manager is the worst person to hit on at work, even if a man happens to be working some lower wage service sector job where it is acceptable to date while at work.

It seems like the female manager handled the situation well. Things could have been worse. She could have reported him to HR and he could face termination.

Last edited:

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Breh Ive mentioned it plenty of times on here, I got fired from a job last year for sleeping with multiple employees from diff departments and talking to like 5-6 diff chicks.

Not only did it get me fired, some of the people I was friends with there stopped talking to me.. might just be a coincidence that they did but I think some of them thought of me as a womanizer/Andrew Tate type

I used to have the stance "dont mess wit anyone at work and dont hit at girls at the gym"... but, I'm at a point in life where alot of my actions happen almost subconsciously.. can't really help myself lol. Blame it on ADHD?

I would say if you got a backup plan, go for it. If not, don't. See I only got that job to kill time since I'm my own boss and at the time was working less than 10 hours a week and needed something to keep me busy and get me out the house more.

Funny enough.. It was only after I left that someone even told me that "You know <name of manager> liked you too" "She told <chick from backoffice> thats why she brought you into the jewelry department"

Keep in mind your work place might not be the same as this was. This was a 4 level huge department store. Popular one too but I don't feel right name dropping.. Each department felt like its own store because u had different managers, diff employees, different procedures.. The only universal aspect was the POS system was the same for all departments. If you went inside this place, you would think its a mall.. and many did.. I remember a famous rapper came by with his entourage and was asking if they sold Jerseys and asking if they had A FOotlocker inside.. and we were like this isn't the mall. This is <department store name>... Though we did have a FInishline and Pandora and Lenscrafter and a Taco Place all in the same building that weren't the same company/brand... and it did look like and feel like an entire Mall.. which was why it was fuccin awesome to game chicks lol.. especially because it was to easy, having common ground since we're employees and all employees would go say hi to friends in different departments and go to diff departments on their break, whether they were shopping or lookin at stuff or just killing time

Sad part was that gossip spread like wildfire in that place .. amongst managers and employees.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You never hit on a manager.

Notwithstanding, it can be very good for your job if your manager happens to find you attractive.

But you never flirt with her.

TLDR: Be attractive if you can, but respectfully keep work people in the friendzone.

Last edited: