Ask a girl to prom (not for idiots)

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soo I need to ask my GIRLFRIEND to prom... we've been together for quite awhile now. However, i can't just drop it in casually. For Sadie Hawkins she asked me in an almost laguna-beach style way, it was pretty cool actually, and we were going out at that time too. I need to do something good now for prom, she's getting antsy and has hinted quite a few times...

Any ideas, just throw them out there! thanx boys

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, this doesn't have to involve a lot of money or anything crazy, i'm just looking for some clever ideas, maybe a little creative inspiration

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if she already asked u then there u go, she wants to take U

and it depends how long u been going out for..

dress Very casual.. i recommend to find her favorite color.. maybe blue or somehting and wear a dress shirt in that color

and buy a single rose... put it in ur glove carpetment... with a sign on the cover saying "OPEN ME!!!""

but dont tell her anything... try to make the sign obvious too lol

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
uuhh yeahh she asked me to SADIE where the girls ask the guys... that was last February... and i'll be wearing a tux dude, one that matches her dress, it's prom. Sorry to sound like a d*ck, but that's how it works, a little woman advice for yourself is listen, or read closely in this case, to get what the other person is talking about, good thing i'm not one. They get frustrated quickly.

We've been together 6 months-ish. I'm pretty much just looking for a creative presentation. I've got some ideas, but any more would be appreciated.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
why does it matter so much? she knows its coming, where's the surprise? while you're waiting around thinking, she's getting the feeling that, "hey, does he NOT wanna take me? maybe he doesnt like me as much anymore...". screw the creativity when u ask her dude. its the message that counts. she's your gf after all, she'll say yes anyways. that is, unless u think for too long, and she goes with someone else...

anyway, i like where sexy kuta was going at the end of his post. i'd spend more time using my creative thinking for DURING the date, like with what he said.

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
well i'm not going to put my whole life into being creative here, I'm just going to do something other than verbally asking... can't say i've ever done it before, so i need to think of SOMETHING

The Real Ice Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why put so much effort into something when you'll have the same result either way...

If you want to surprise her with something, do it at or right before (or after...haha) the prom, not when asking her to it.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a man, and just ask her. Have it go like "Oh hey, prom is coming up a lot sooner than I thought! I still don't have a date.... *quick smile*... so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me... we'd take really cute pictures?"

Guaranteed she'd laugh, unless she's shallow, which would inspire me to ask why you're dating her?

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
what? be a man? who said i was hesitating? I'm trying not to look shallow/uncaring since she put so much effort in last time. Reguardless, I already know what I'm doing and I'm doing it today... it's a relationship type question not a typical dj player suave thing

BobTheB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll pitch a couple ideas...

Try leaving something in a spot where you know she'll find it when you're together. Something creative that makes it obvious it's for her, with a little note asking if she'll go with you.

I mean, if you want to go all out get your buddies to paint it on their chests, I think I could actually convince my friends into doing this.

A friend of mine got a normal size Oreo's pack(I don't know what to call it) and then took out all the cookies. He then laid them down in the tray so that 4 fit across the whole row, and there were 3 rows of cookies so he wrote
BEMY
PROM
DATE
on top with frosting. I still think the girl said no though.

Is that any help?

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, well I did the whole seomthing specail for my girl when I asked her to prom ...Long story short...we had an inside joke about dog tags (my school is obsessed with them this year for some reason) and we call each other KIDDO. So on the front of the dog tag it said KIDDO and on the back in little writing it said prom ? And she LOVED it...she wears it EVERY day. All of her friends love dit too telling me how cute it was blah blah blah...

Now you've been with her for about 6 months you say, right? Then I'm sure you have plenty of inside jokes with her. Go with one of those. A good idea would be to take her to a restaurant and to get the word PROM writen on some of the food. Or what my other friend did was that his girl teaches little 7 year olds how to dance so he gave all the 7 yr old pieces of paper to hold that that spelt PROM ? and he walked in with a bouqet of roses after they held it up.

I dk just be creative like that, you'll think of something trust me! GL

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i tried this one out recently before i met my gf; it didnt work since the girl wasnt really into me, but try this out:

Get post its. Grab a few actually.

I put a post it on her desk and it read: "READ ME!"
She picked it up and read the back and it read: "Hi. Look under your desk."
She looks under her desk and reads the next post it that said: "Let's go to prom!"

It was a horrible horrible experiment, esp. since I made it so...short. Should've made her run around a bit, but yeah. You can always use this idea and branch it out into your own style.

I learned my lesson from that time; the next time I use it it's gonna be on my lady :D

six-foot AZN '05

Don Juan
Reaction score
BobTheB said:
I'll pitch a couple ideas...

Try leaving something in a spot where you know she'll find it when you're together. Something creative that makes it obvious it's for her, with a little note asking if she'll go with you.

I mean, if you want to go all out get your buddies to paint it on their chests, I think I could actually convince my friends into doing this.

A friend of mine got a normal size Oreo's pack(I don't know what to call it) and then took out all the cookies. He then laid them down in the tray so that 4 fit across the whole row, and there were 3 rows of cookies so he wrote
BEMY
PROM
DATE
on top with frosting. I still think the girl said no though.

Is that any help?
Lol man sucks for ur friend. did he still get a date?

six-foot AZN '05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple of my gfs talking bout this. Just say something like "yes, i'll go to prom with you." even if no one asked. assumed that she has been asking you for the past 6 months and you finally agreed.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of asking, "sing her out" outside her bedroom window. It'd be gay but funny.

BobTheB

Don Juan
Reaction score
six-foot AZN '05 said:
Lol man sucks for ur friend. did he still get a date?
Haha, I'm not sure. He asked one of the popular girls who got asked by like 10 people so she's going by herself. As for him, I've no clue.

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i went with the inside thing today actually and it worked great. As far as advice for others reading this though, I DO NOT normally do this kind of thing. It's because we've been exclusively together for so long. If we weren't dating it would have been nothing like that, totally casual. A few of the rules change once the relationship gets going though, just so everyone is aware.

The Real Ice Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, the rules never change and if you think they do, your relationship will fail.