Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Asian DJs, represent!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey mate (am I allowed to even say that? :D),

I hear you on that one - you're pretty perceptive as a white Australian to pick up on such things, I'm impressed.

Many minority people sometimes lack confidence growing up because of this media onslaught that you speak of. In recent years blacks in the Western world have had it MUCH better than they used to compared to less than 15 years ago. They still are portrayed as criminals and such, but there are also many sex symbols that are more or less recognized by people of all races. These initially started as musical talents, and now slowly African American actors are being recognized. For whatever reason (most probably the relative lack of an Asian presence in the Western world), Asians haven't achieve that level of acceptance yet. Sad... but maybe one day. :D

And speaking of acceptance... these days, I think it has actually become 'hip' to be black. It's not that I wish it weren't so -- far from it -- I think it's cool too because I enjoy hip hop artists, but I don't like that many white people (you should see how many 'wiggers' (white niggas) there are in Europe) look down on or don't give the same recognition to other people such as Latinos and Asians the same recognition. It's as if they're simply exploiting and commodifying the hip hop craze, and indirectly black people. I find that pretty contemptible - the white majority decided to suddenly accept blacks only because they had something to offer them (entertainment and music).

Basically, I think that blacks are enjoying better acceptance because it is financially profitable to tap into 'black' popular culture (hip hop). And although sincerely acceptance might flower from this initial (superficial acceptance), it's not a genuine acceptance to begin with. I applaud that black artists have found an awesome way to showcase their creativity, but at the same time I find the majority's superficial acceptance really distasteful.

Blah, I'm totally inarticulate today (or is that everyday?), but you get what I mean. :p

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw, here is a description of an editorial in a magazine in Asia, concerning the subversive nature of white/caucasian media influences. It's certainly an interesting debate...

In a letter to 'The Nation', David Low wrote in about and "Unnatural emphasis on Caucasian looks in Thai promotions," regarding regarding the severe depravity of Asian self-image in Thai advertising (the letter is no longer online). This continues to be an interesting issue, not only relevant to Asia, but around the world—including the United States. I recall a news item from last year regarding a billboard in Malaysia featuring Brad Pitt that was pulled by authorities because it apparently an "insult to Asians" and could "give Malaysians an inferiority complex." At the time, I laughed it off (perhaps Brad Pitt is too good looking for our health), but there is a darker truth to this phenomenon. Because there is indeed a pervasive, unhealthy "white" standard of beauty that affects people and economies around the world. Think about it...

seeVip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clooney I'm in Australia ,

I'm Asian, NOOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEMMMSSSSSSSSSS HERE

hell yea, im dating an Aussie girl that heaps of guys are after.

But I still think its true for most asians, since they stick together like bunch of idiots. Btw , I am not the type to hang around all white, all asian, all black, all arabic or anything, I'm just cool with cool people get me?

It's probably all in the confidence, most of them lack any confidence even the ones born in Australia, and are not able to speak properly with people. They usually mumble, and are probably insecure since they need to all hang around in big groups. Who knows? Who cares? More for me!

megatron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
Not too sure about in the US, but here in Australia most asian guys have a hard time with white woman. Although my best friend is Asian and he seems to mack pretty hard. I usually see asian guys with asian girls, sometimes cause that is what they like others cause that is all "they think" they can get.

Just my quick take from the Australian-Asian DJ perspective.
Not to brag or anything, but I live in Australia and I'm of Asian descent, and I haven't played hide the salami with an Asian before (so I guess what I'm saying is, I wanna get me asian punnani! (hehe, j/k). All my partners have been white chicks, and I have standards so I don't go for the fuglies. I suppose I'm an outgoing person who is very accepting of other/all cultures. I'm well travelled, having been to many places and I've lived in the states as a kid. I've been told that I'm smart and funny too, which all works for me.

I think it's mostly men who look at the race line when thinking about women. I mean, some of my non-asian friends (I have more non-asian friends) are always on about whether so and so has an "asian-preference" or not. And when someone goes out with an asian, they think he's got asian fever or something. Who cares? Who gives a ****? It seems that these people, the first thing they look at when they are interested in a girl is her race. My preference is a cool chick with a nice smile, a hot body and a good personality and intelligence to go with it. The key is blurring your vision. Why do you have this stain that white women are harder to get? Blurr the lines. Just see her as this grey tone with no significant pigmentation. A person is a person.

I suppose the other reason is also because I've been around white people more (and lived in a mainly white neighbourhood and looked at playboy as a kid which certainly made an influence on my idea of beauty growing up). However, I am attuned to my own culture, I am proud of my background and I still follow some traditions. Show these white women that you have something to offer them, be cool, stand proud. The key is to forget about colour and be confident. Don't let that "oh, ****, white, probably a slut; nah, no chance; hmmm, she probably doesn't go for asians" mentality screw you up. Step up, step up, and go for it. If she is some racist narrow-minded biatch, then who cares? **** her off. It's NOT your LOSS.

Oh, and this media influence? Don't let the pervasive white male GQ boy look hit on your insecurities? Yes, Asian men do not represent in western media. But think like this...If Brad Pitt was asian, he'd be me. In fact, wtf is Brad Pitt anyway, really.

Once a girl (asian) asked me what my perving preference is, and she stated (white or asian or other, and I think she was hitting at the fact that I've never been with an asian before), and I was stupid enough to say "hot white wimmins!" (in a way to spike her)...when I should have said, "I perve at all the beautiful women".

Also, I can tell white people are jealous sometimes when I'm getting it on with a blonde haired chick with an awesome body, but hey, don't be hatin'.

****, I've been ranting.

Last edited:

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I know this isn't directly related to your thread, but I'm in a bind, and I thought you would be the perfect bunch to know what to do in this situation.

Here's the thread:
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36123

My specific problem is with how to do kino in this situation, and how to smoothly take it to the physical level without making clumsy cultural gaffes and spooking her.

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Asian guys are just complacent

I think the biggest problem with Asian guys is that they just don't project masculinity. In Western society, we project masuclinity as guys with well-defined facial features and decisive, aggressive behaviour. Neither of those are the hallmarks of most Asians. That and at least for guys, Asians have pretty bad hair. It's either spike it or do the shag thing. So a lot of Asian guys grow up acting timidly and blending in with one another.

I lived in Cali for a few years, and most of the white and Hispanic girls I talked to saw Asian men as one and the same all too often. Good, friendly guys, but not dating material.

Now if some of you just break from the mold... Seriously, I attended a mostly Korean/Chinese church in Cali, and you might have 600 girls there to 400 guys. And the Asian guys did nothing! I kid you not that almost all of the white guys in the church had dated some of the most attractive girls in the church, but the Asian guys just kind of talked about how a girl was cute and never did a thing.

Just break out of the mold. It's not that tough. And Asian girls are smoking! I have no idea what you're talking about. They easily have the most beautiful hair of any race.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ZeeOwl
Hey guys. I know this isn't directly related to your thread, but I'm in a bind, and I thought you would be the perfect bunch to know what to do in this situation.

Here's the thread:
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36123

My specific problem is with how to do kino in this situation, and how to smoothly take it to the physical level without making clumsy cultural gaffes and spooking her.

Zeeowl,

Is your Asian lady in your age bracket? If not, then is this old hag even worth the trouble? I mean, if you're a strapping young man go after a younger woman. This one just reeks of trouble.... I mean:

She's Thai?? (She's a whorre + goldigger + Green Card seeker)

She's 41 and single?? (SOMETHING is wrong here... why would she be 41 and single unless she was widowed or something)

I could go on and on.... let's just say this seems like more trouble than it's worth.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Asian guys are just complacent

Originally posted by akindofblue
I think the biggest problem with Asian guys is that they just don't project masculinity. In Western society, we project masuclinity as guys with well-defined facial features and decisive, aggressive behaviour. Neither of those are the hallmarks of most Asians. That and at least for guys, Asians have pretty bad hair. It's either spike it or do the shag thing. So a lot of Asian guys grow up acting timidly and blending in with one another.

I lived in Cali for a few years, and most of the white and Hispanic girls I talked to saw Asian men as one and the same all too often. Good, friendly guys, but not dating material.

Now if some of you just break from the mold... Seriously, I attended a mostly Korean/Chinese church in Cali, and you might have 600 girls there to 400 guys. And the Asian guys did nothing! I kid you not that almost all of the white guys in the church had dated some of the most attractive girls in the church, but the Asian guys just kind of talked about how a girl was cute and never did a thing.

Just break out of the mold. It's not that tough. And Asian girls are smoking! I have no idea what you're talking about. They easily have the most beautiful hair of any race.

Word.... are you Asian or non-Asian just curious. But I agree with you completely. Btw, it's amazing HOW STRONG media brainwashing can get, isn't it? I'm sure more than a few hispanic, Asian and black men walk around this Earth with inferiority complexes. That's why I find it extra pathetic when a white guy walks around whining about how bad he has it. :rolleyes: :D

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Word.... are you Asian or non-Asian just curious.
I'm white as they come. I happen to like this particular church, admittedly partly because I have a slight case of "yellow fever" ;)

But do you think Hispanic guys have it bad? They have the whole Latin lover image going for them, yeah? And blacks have the gangsta image.

You talk about the media, but where are all the Asian musicians? Now I admit, I love Yo-Yo Ma, but that's not exactly the direction we're going with this, is it?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by akindofblue
I'm white as they come. I happen to like this particular church, admittedly partly because I have a slight case of "yellow fever" ;)

But do you think Hispanic guys have it bad? They have the whole Latin lover image going for them, yeah? And blacks have the gangsta image.

You talk about the media, but where are all the Asian musicians? Now I admit, I love Yo-Yo Ma, but that's not exactly the direction we're going with this, is it?

About the Hispanic guys. Have you seen the Mexicans around SoCal? Like maybe 5% of them fall under the Ricky Martin & Enrique Iglesias category. Another 10% fall half-way there, and the others fall tragically short, either due to lack of European features (Ricky and Enrique could EASILY pass for a Spaniard or Italian) or due to their poor command of English. Some of them are hard-ass gangstas and some girls seem to dig it, but most aren't. I class them in the same category as Asians as they are generally recent immigrants or the sons of immigrants - thus it's easy for whites or the majority to take advantage of a situation.

Think about it - if you were a white bytch or a Mexican Puta - who would you go for? Some pansy ass pretty white boy (no offense) with a rich family and prviliged surroundings, or some Mexican immigrant or son of an immigrant who went to some JC, and recently got promoted to dental assistant? The answer is simple... white guys generally don't get the upper hand over Mexican and Asian guys because they are ALL super good looking or racially superior, but because they hold an advantage in social/economic standing. Although it is true that Eurocentric beauty standards affect the choice of women somewhat, in the end it is COLD HARD CASH and SOCIAL STANDING (one's looks affect social standing, as well as a job and prestige) that affect their choice. Unless a woman is prejudiced, green is usually the only color that speaks loudest.

One can always come up with exceptions (Rich-ass, pimped out Asians and Mexicans who bang white bytches, Asian bytches, Mexican putas... EVERYTHING), but these generalizations hold true most of the time.

As for blacks... like I said, they have it GOOD these days. They also have the added wild card of this EXTREME paranoia on the part of white people of saying ANYTHING NEGATIVE about blacks, even if it is 100% true. Black people also abuse this fact sometimes, and unfairly accuse non-blacks who rightfully point this out as racist. BULL-FVCKING SHIET. I am never afraid to call out anyone, whether he is white black brown or yellow. Koreans often used get into conflicts with blacks in the inner city because we have short tempers and generally don't take **** from others, and I am no exception. I've been accused of being prejudiced against blacks by some boneheads here (who happen to be black), and I'm not buying any of their crap (watch em crawl out of the woodworks after this post :p). I'm just keeping it REAL. I won't stand to see them selectively protest various inequalities but let other slide past them, JUST because it gives them an advantage.

So I will go ahead and say it - whites are terrified of saying anything bad about blacks, so they pretty much have free reign to create any image they see fit for themselves. Thus, blacks have it much, MUCH better than most minorities, at least in the realm of socializing (and indirectly, mating). Whites also feel a crushing guilt complex, and accept everything about blacks at face value whether it is real or full of sh!t. This is how this image of blacks mutated from one of the dangerous killer/pimp of 15-20 years ago to one of the sexy, soulful playboy of today.

Asians, Indians, Arabs and (less so) Hispanics definately do not have that. I hear Asian and Arab jokes made on a regular basis, and these ignorant crackers (no offense to the righteous white dudes here) just laugh and brush it off like it were nothing. It is this selective racism that pisses the fvck out of me. They feel guilty or scared of crapping on blacks so they find someone else to do it on. :rolleyes: I say either crap on EVERYONE or just shut up with your liberal "open-minded" bullcrap.

*rant over * Thank you. :D

MaritimeForce

Banned
Reaction score
yes jake you are right i respect you for bringing that **** out, I for one believe if a black guy can act half way civil (believe me doing that is hard for some) he can attract women much easier than any other minorities... Media portrays it to a tee that black guys are finally fun guys to be around.. I for one am pissed off to see brandon lee pass away , he was a damn good all around actor and would have helped asians in the media in this country in a big way because he was half white and asian and u know most white girls would be thinking i want a kid like brandon lee , but I see to many asian guys who are insecure arent expressing their sexuality enough but you know what we are getting there. I honestly believe that asians if they want girls need to eat more meat and gain some muscle.... they just need to start getting more testosteroned like pook said....... bottom line play your cards the best you can and i honestly believe if asians become more testesteroned and stop hiding behind there insecurities they will do ok..... push the barriers.... stop hanging around in groups and be more testestoroned i for one have muscle on me and i for one am not the smartest guy or the best looking asian but i am testosteroned and i command lots of respect from other minorities as well as whites.

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true man. I'm an Indian dude...and usually we aren't that buff at all. Bigger than Chinese or Japanese but not Koreans. But people always were like dude you have a good face....just work it out. I took up that advice, and it's amazing how much your confidence goes up. I'm an average height guy, 5'10" but my new physical build has helped get tons more chicks and made me more succesful. That's what we all have to do.

bludb0i

Don Juan
Reaction score
i like white gurls cause they look good. nice body nice face you know the white model look. i think that both races is the same. just use your skill on wat you learn. plus if we were still back in the homeland we wouldn't be able to get no white *****. since we live in the us we should take advantage of that. back in my country i know plenty of guys dreaming about white girls.