Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

as good as it gets

coolness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

a short intro:

I´m 26, a student, I prefer cold street pickups. They are difficult to do, that´s why I learn a lot. I do ****y§funny, I neg, I assume the sale, I do the small talk, I know how to fake useful body-language... and it works. I get numbers, sometimes only an email-address, without giving out mine. I don´t approach women who are less than an 8 ( that´s what I would give myself), no teens (too easy), no working personal ( they can´t walk by or walk away).

the problem:

4 out of 5 women obviously don´t hate me for my game, but only 1 out of 10 accually leaves her number.

my question:

Let´s say the task is to do a cold approach and get the number within 2 minutes (I know, it´s a sport to me...). How good does it get? What would be a success rate to be proud of? What´s the success rate that would send me to the olympics?

Anyone with experience out there who can tell? be serious guys, me ego is at stake.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's great that you're so uninhibated about cold approaches, but who cares about numbers if they don't turn into dates? A number is just a personal way to communicate with someone, not a trophy.

Let´s say the task is to do a cold approach and get the number within 2 minutes
You have to build rapport if you're going to turn that number into a date, and that generally doesn't happen in 2 minutes. If all you want is more numbers quickly, approach 100 women a day without any convo at all. Just "hi, what's your name? My name is coolness. What's your phone number?" 20 seconds. If you're attractive at all, you'll get plenty of numbers but none of them (MAYBE 1 or 2) will turn into dates.

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. The main problem with street PU's is the lack of rapport. Then women are usually going somewhere and rarely stay and talk with you for long. So, if you do get the number, it is probably within several minutes and that is not nearly enough to establish good rapport. In the last month or so I managed 5 legitimate PU numbers and all have not turned into dates.

coolness

Don Juan
Reaction score
first of all, this site is great if you know how to deal with hard work and setbacks. Within 5 months I went from "can´t look into her eyes" to pulling numbers from hot women walking by.

I´m not Mister super confident, so I did babysteps. First I practiced eye-contact on dozens of good-looking women, than I did the smiling, the "hi" and I started boldly stopping them in the streets. I approached about 60 women, that got me a handful of numbers I never used. Using them would have been the next step.

I believe that the "framework" I use is quite powerful, ****y&funny, etc..., but would the numbers turn into dates? I guess you guys are right, i should use more conversation. The girls wouldn´t feel that easy if they give out their numbers, it would make them feel more confortable.

on the other hand, ....

what´s more important...to confort her, or boldness????

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
how did you stop them?

coolness,

how exactly did you 'stop them'? did you just walk up in front of them and stop so they had to also stop? did you come up from behind them and say excuse me?

reason i'm asking. i was in a similar situation with doing baby steps. i can say hi to hot women going by, but i've yet to just stop a woman walking bye (successfully anyway, tried once, girl ran away - it was funny but discouraging)

to answer your question, i use chat sites as a simulator, and I get maybe 80% emails, which about 10-20% turn into phone numbers. of course they all live far away, so no dates, but its good to practice.

now at a bar, i get maybe 50% emails, and about 80% turn into numbers, and maybe a third of those become dates. BUT, I usually have a 10 to 20 minute conversation with them first. So that might not help. I've never gotten a girls email or number in 2 minutes, not even online. That's impressive if you can though.

coolness

Don Juan
Reaction score
I try and reverse the pressure.

FIRST SZENARIO:

I look at my best and choose a sunny,friendly day.

She moves towards me. I want her to feel my presence. I´m calm, I walk confident, I give her good eye-contact (don´t lock your eye´s on her´s, move calmly between her eyes and her forhead), I relax my facial muscles. Don´t underestimate your effect on her. If your´re her type this is already shock and awe to her. I wait for her reaction:

- She shows some sort of weakness ... she blinks, looks to the ground, looks away but looks again ... in this case I give her a little relaxed smile (don´t grin like an a..)
- She shows resistance by doing what I did to her, she gives me confident eye-contact...I give her the smile
- She ignores me after she sees me by looking to the side and keeping it there...beeing bold is risky, she obviously doesn´t like my look, is not in the mood, has a boyfriend, etc... that´s only for a master-smooth-talker

My little smile puts even more pressure on her:

- she returns the smile... I say “hi” and give her a male-sounding “stop!” if she doesn´t stop on her own
- she freezes me out by only doing the confident eye-contact... give her a “Hi” anyways, maybe you took her breath away
- she react shy in some form...give her a “hi” and the “stop!” if it´s necessary

I keep up the pressure by doing the body-language I mentioned. Now that I have her attention (hopefully she stops, i only count an attempt if she stops) I give her my line:

- if it´s the hot type who get´s hit on all day I say (after giving her a ****y smile and a deep look into her eyes): “It´s so nice of you to come to town because of me.” That´s all. It works. (Well, it sounds just the way I want it on german. That´s were I live. I don´t know if it would sound too ... something on english, it´s not my first language). If her IQ is not less than 90 she will get it and be amused. If she doesn´t get it put pressure on her by asking her after a dramatic pause if she doesn´t get hit on that often.
- If she seems to be the shy type just say “Hi, I´m (your name)”. Use dramatic pauses against her. Make her feel dumb and guilty because she didn´t get that it´s her turn to react.

Now you can kick in the convo, or ask her out whatever.

SECOND SZENARIO:

She walks in front of you. Well you get my point. Just reverse the pressure. Pass by her, turn around and give her a bold look, smile, say “hi”. Or get her attention by saying “hi” (don´t scare her by standing right next to her when you do that) And forget about the chicks who are in a real rush. It would destroy your calm appearence if you run after her.

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"4 out of 5 women obviously don´t hate me for my game, but only 1 out of 10 accually leaves her number"

Dude - I don't think that's a bad strike rate for a cold on the street approach.

If you can do cold pickups kudos to you, however they are generally a little harder to do in England.

coolness

Don Juan
Reaction score
I´ve been to marocco a couple of years ago, i´ve been to a market in marakesch were I saw how the natives talked tourists within minutes into buying the most useless crap for 10 times the price I think it was worth. I could see that hardly a tourist got away. I was tricked too, although I KNEW the guy would trick me.

the average women is not smarter then the average tourist. I bet it´s possible to talk far more then 1 out of 10 women into doing something they never would have dreamed of they would do, within MINUTES.

It´s like a good game of chess, trap your enemies by making them move into the direction you want them to move. Never let them have the initative.

A simple example:

her: "I have a boyfriend"
me: "That´s OK, I´m not jealous"
her: "But he is"
me: "He doesn´t seem to be that confident"

most women say "but he is", that gives me the opportunity to say something negativ about her boyfriend and she can´t blame me for it.

Another one:

her: "your way of approaching is so rude" (she means the cold pickup)
me: "how else could i possibly approach?"
her: "I don´t know, just ... nicer"
me: "You don´t get hit on that often, do you?"

Well, from your replies people I guess I´m the only one who is approaching in the streets. If she says yes, I do get approached she looks like a naive lair. And she won´t admit that she´s unexperienced, either. I win, a neghit she can´t blame me for.