Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Artists get tail?

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was on another forum, and it was discussion about a certain famous artist who had a misteress 50 years younger than himself. What this guy had to say got my attention, because I have never hear anything like this, not even on this board, but not sure if he is full of it-

"This story doesn't surprise me. Artists get all the tail they want.

Most American guys don't want to be artists or even thought of as artists, they think they're too "manly" or something and somehow artists are to them are somehow "faggy". But being from NYC I can tell you that the hottest, easiest girls are in the Art circles.

I have a few friends who are artists - any of their functions, openings, events of any sort bring in literally crowds of hot, hot girls. Yes, it brings in gay guys and some really "out there" chicks too, but there are tons of hot, straight girls in these crowds.

Well, if you happen to be a decent looking half-normal guy at such a function, then you're a CATCH to those girls. You have no competition. Throw in that you're an Artist somehow and they're all over you.

I have picked up more women from art-related functions OR even from mentioning that I'm an artist in a non-art-related setting. My artist friends, who are real artists, have women non-stop, they have to literally juggle them.

Since I travel a lot around the nation for work, I originally thought this artist gimmick wouldn't work outside of NYC or maybe LA, but surprisingly, it seems to work even better in places like the Midwest and South, because a straight guy with the sensitivity to be an artist is even more rare in those places.

So there you go guys, I've let out a secret that a lot of us here in the "big city" have known for years. "

How true is this statement I wonder...?

And I responded somewhat negatively based on my own experience-

"Unfortunately, i have to disagre with this post. He got tail because he was a celiberty, not because he was an artist. Women could care less if you are an artist. I am a science teacher but I have been taking painting classes for the last couple of years, and now I am doing more painting on my own, especially during the summer. I think I am less successful with women because of it, because it doesn't seem to add any to my attractiveness, and most importantly the time I spend creating art I could be spending going out and picking up chicks. It is a curse, not a blessing. Now if I were a $WEALTHY$, FAMOUS professional artist, like your NY friends, that may be different. "

Yes, negative, but that is honestly what I was thinking and feeling when I wrote it. My question is, am I not playing it right? Am I missing somehting? I am just an amateur but according to this guy If I was playing it right I should be able to turn my time consuming hobby into a hook.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man ive always wondered how much ass van gogh, monet, picasso, etc, etc etc... could have pulled. the problem with real harcore artists is that theyre not into pvssy that much...

I love art, and i consider myself very manly. I think girls get wet when they watch a man painting a masterpiece, since they cant bc theyre so inferior. i remeber when i used to paint, if a girl was there some would just watch for hours.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one of those guys got so little tail , in fact had oneitis over a chick that left him, so he cut off his ear and mailed it to her. then later died in an ally all alone.
he never made a dime until he died.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
one of those guys got so little tail , in fact had oneitis over a chick that left him, so he cut off his ear and mailed it to her. then later died in an ally all alone.
he never made a dime until he died.
i know that...i mean if he was sane i wonder how much ass he could have pulled

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This same kind of logic also works for Actors, Musicians, and other Performing artists. The thing is that it is not so much about their artistic nature but about their status within the Scene. You see most people really know nothing about art, but they understand too well about status. So if you are a high status artist in a local Scene, you will get plenty of girls. It is just like being a rich guy in that instead of money, you are trading social status.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some truth to this.

One of my boys who's an underground rapper around the local area is ugly as sin and has groupies on his jock. I saw him perform recently and even though he's not known ouside of the local area, he had girls on his jock.

Even myself, once at a party I had at my pad a couple of years back, one of my boys dropped "hey So Many Ways can rap, bust a freestyle". For those who don't know, a freestyle is when you bust a rap off the top of your head, making it up as you go along. I busted a little something and the next thing you know, all the girls in the party was jockin me hard.

On the other hand, I've also played the trumpet for several years and I was in the marching band and jazz band in high school and I was a jazz band in college and that did not help me get girls at all.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Toulouse Lautrec was nicknamed the "Teapot"

Originally posted by swampwiz
He was basically a misfigured dwarf (but evidently well endowed), and he got as much tail as Hef.

And yes, the fame is a big component, but that's in any facet of life. But just being in the artist community gets you in the door - of course, you have to balance being a bit faggy while coming across as a hetero masculine man.
:crackup: :crackup:

Balancing being faggy/musculine???

Dude, for once in your life, take a pencil or a brush in your hands and try what it means to create ART. You may find out that those faggies can beat your ass at it like shyt. Cause they live for something. And they train hard.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking as an artist and musician myself, I can honestly say,..yeah.

But it's more about an attraction to creative intelligence. Check out this thread.

Female Mate Selection

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just reading part of the DJ Bible and came upon this little piece, which describes at least the stereotypical artist temperment quite well-

"4. FEELINGS
Women want a MAN. You know a MAN's MAN. A Steve McQueen or a James Bond. MEN have 3 Feelings... HAPPY, MAD, & DON'T GIVE A F*CK. P*ssies have feelings like melancholy, existentialism, depression, romantic feelings. Women don't want a p*ssy boyfriend, they want a man. Nothing turns a woman off quite like an effeminate guy like you."

So how does the sensitive, artistic type come across as attractive if they are all of these things you don't want to be? And for that matter, poets express all of these feelings in poetry, and have you listened to how many songs are "AFC" sounding?, yet musicians are known to get lots of pu$$y, even at the local band level where they are most likely not super rich.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marcopolo
"4. FEELINGS
Women want a MAN. You know a MAN's MAN. A Steve McQueen or a James Bond. MEN have 3 Feelings... HAPPY, MAD, & DON'T GIVE A F*CK. P*ssies have feelings like melancholy, existentialism, depression, romantic feelings. Women don't want a p*ssy boyfriend, they want a man. Nothing turns a woman off quite like an effeminate guy like you."

So how does the sensitive, artistic type come across as attractive if they are all of these things you don't want to be?
Simple.....no one can say what ALL women want because all women are different.
Some do want a man who only has 3 emotions and some women want more.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marcopolo
So how does the sensitive, artistic type come across as attractive if they are all of these things you don't want to be? And for that matter, poets express all of these feelings in poetry, and have you listened to how many songs are "AFC" sounding?, yet musicians are known to get lots of pu$$y, even at the local band level where they are most likely not super rich.
Why does "artist" necessarilly denote 'sensitivity' or 'touchy-feelyness' as a definition? Was Jim Morrison of the Doors a pvssy? He was a poet long before he was a rock star. In fact I know far too many artists that are very egotistical and self-important for their own good and are very dedicated to their crafts and would never be called 'sensitive' when it came to how they were perceived.

Pablo Picasso didn't have a long line of illegitimate children because he was an AFC. Go rent the movie 'Pollack' about the life of Jackson Pollack and then come back here and post about the 'sterotypical sensitive artist' heheh,..

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jim morrison was the man.... If you listen to some of his songs like touch me, Hello I Love you, Moonlight drive, Love street, Love me two times, youll notice that these are quite expressful, but he still was the man with the ladies. I think that the fame, talent and money that comes with an artist is what makes them be so good with women.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
....and then we have such favorites as Michal Bolton, Luther Vandross, Goo Goo Dolls, and various other whiny, mushy bands that women go gaga over, lol

Seriously, yes, Jim Morrison was the man, from what I have read he had this sort of Howard Stern personae, only better.

However, I wonder if many artists- musicians, writers, even actors, do not live up to their aura in person. You meet them and they seem like just ordinary(or even shy) people with an extraordinary talent, and then chicks are dissappointed by the real person as opposed to the "image" they had in their minds of that person, when they find out they are two different things. Or are famous artists just so ****y they live up to their larger than life image still?

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, now you are talking about people who are more just famous than really artistic. They may work in area which is defined as artistic or creative, but they are really nothing more than just an image to market.

As for sappy singers like Luther Vandross or the Goo Goo Dolls, their appeal to women has more to deal with the fact that they are communicating to them directly on an emotional level than any kind of sensative guy stuff. Luther is a incredible singer whose artistry is as big as his waist line. So don't knock him just cause he sings stuff like "dance with my father"

Women like artists/creative types for a number of reasons:

1. Independence
2. Innovation
3. Passionate nature
4. Uniqueness
5. Dedication to their art
6. Personal Vision

These are all great qualities which all DJ's should try to aquire. These qualities can also be expressed in others ways, but artists have it easier.

Visitant

Banned
Reaction score
"4. FEELINGS
In truth, most of the hot and modelesque girls I know love guys that are slightly feminine. I've reason to believe that in many contexts sensitivity will help a guy land tail.

To fit this in with the ideas of 'masculine ' attraction put forward, it can be said to become a vice when when one is dependent, needy, pathetic, helpless, annoying, boring, (etcetera).

Thing is that most sensitive guys seem to be the above.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're focusing on celebrity. Of course celebrity men with universal social proof are going to have a higher interest value than non-celebrity men for women. The question was the artistic type guy being a higher mate value than a non-artist. I gave Jim Morrison as an example because he was a poet and writer long before he achieved celebrity, same with Jackson Pollack. Both of these artists had their cavalier attitude prior to their celebrity and this carried over into their celebrity lives.

Artistic talent does not necessarily imply or require a feminine sensitivity. Women are attracted to creative intelligence to be sure, but an artist can make a very effective DJ in his own right.