MatureDJ
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2006
- Messages
- 12,678
- Reaction score
- 5,125
Why Don’t More Men Take Their Wife’s Last Name?
The vast majority of U.S. adults think a woman should give up her maiden name when she gets married.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.
I have a fair solution to this: whoever has the highest salary keeps their last name.![]()
Why Don’t More Men Take Their Wife’s Last Name?
The vast majority of U.S. adults think a woman should give up her maiden name when she gets married.getpocket.com
You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.
I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.
Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.
These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.
I am doing a deep dive into my genealogy, and there is one particular line where forr a few generations c. 1500, men from a French noble family (they were never the first-born) seemed to be marrying into dead-branch noble families (i.e., no surviving son, typically because they would get killed in battle), taking over the father-in-law's estate, and adding the wife's name onto the family surname. The same would happen in terms of a knight's heraldry, which is why you sometimes see heralds with many parts.The whole surname thing goes back to a time when women married into a family and became part of that family through marriage. Since women are hypergamous, poor peasant girls would marry into a rich family and become important. It's only when two rich families came together that they might want to conserve their own family name.
Generally, even in 2021, women are still marrying up. It's very rare that a woman marries a man that earns less than her. That's their choice, but if they make that choice then I think they should recognize their status as junior partners. In any case I don't personally think that relationships work when the woman is leading. A woman that insists on keeping her surname is probably a woman that doesn't respect her man the way a woman should.
In Spain, when a couple get married they keep their two surnames and the children take the two first surnames of their parents. In Arab countries, a woman doesn't change her name when she gets married but the children take the father's surname. So it's not a universal thing anyway.
It is. I've never seen that be a good situation.If a woman isn't willing to take your last name that's a huge red flag and I can bet you that marriage won't last long and she'll probably wear the pants in the family (feminist alert).
Just like in dating you want a woman who's willing to follow your program.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.