"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

article: Ugly Truth #1: What’s A Girl to Do With Low Status, Invisible Men?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,706
Reaction score
5,132
https://medium.com/@penny.lipmann/h...y-truth-low-status-invisible-men-e6fecc7ad93a
I focus on the lowest of the low here—men with almost nothing going for them in terms of looks, status, wealth, family, education, intelligence, or social skills. These people deserve empathy and help. But I don’t know how to help them and my honest answer to the question: will I give them a chance, hang out with them, get to know them, maybe date them? Is hell freaking no!
The author seems to say here that "day game" doesn't work:
Of course I’m ignoring them for very good reasons. For starters, because they’re exhibiting such low levels of social intelligence by employing a strategy that involves bestowing unwanted attention on someone who is clearly unreceptive. But also because it’s the simplest way to shut them down — don’t engage.
Beyond a first failed attempt, these guys should not invade my personal space or pressure me to show interest in them. But here’s the thing, these are not smart men. That doesn’t excuse them from being, at best, pests, and at worst, sexual predators. But I really can understand why, in their minds, I seem like a stuck up *****. I genuinely do think I’m better than them. These guys are pathetic losers to me.
Shouting after you, ‘you’re such a stuck up *****,’ as you walk away from them with quiet contempt is not the kind of thing a man with any power says.
These men have reasons to feel disgruntled, they’re devalued by society and don’t know how to acquire value because they often don’t have the social/emotional intelligence or support to overcome their difficulties alone.
Am I suggesting it might be better if some of the worst kinds of invisible men were never born? Maybe. My gut instinct says yes ...
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top