"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

article: Ugly Truth #1: What’s A Girl to Do With Low Status, Invisible Men?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,706
Reaction score
5,132
https://medium.com/@penny.lipmann/h...y-truth-low-status-invisible-men-e6fecc7ad93a
I focus on the lowest of the low here—men with almost nothing going for them in terms of looks, status, wealth, family, education, intelligence, or social skills. These people deserve empathy and help. But I don’t know how to help them and my honest answer to the question: will I give them a chance, hang out with them, get to know them, maybe date them? Is hell freaking no!
The author seems to say here that "day game" doesn't work:
Of course I’m ignoring them for very good reasons. For starters, because they’re exhibiting such low levels of social intelligence by employing a strategy that involves bestowing unwanted attention on someone who is clearly unreceptive. But also because it’s the simplest way to shut them down — don’t engage.
Beyond a first failed attempt, these guys should not invade my personal space or pressure me to show interest in them. But here’s the thing, these are not smart men. That doesn’t excuse them from being, at best, pests, and at worst, sexual predators. But I really can understand why, in their minds, I seem like a stuck up *****. I genuinely do think I’m better than them. These guys are pathetic losers to me.
Shouting after you, ‘you’re such a stuck up *****,’ as you walk away from them with quiet contempt is not the kind of thing a man with any power says.
These men have reasons to feel disgruntled, they’re devalued by society and don’t know how to acquire value because they often don’t have the social/emotional intelligence or support to overcome their difficulties alone.
Am I suggesting it might be better if some of the worst kinds of invisible men were never born? Maybe. My gut instinct says yes ...
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top