Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

<article> The Future of Flaking will be Costly

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newlyweds send $240 bill to guests who were no-shows for their wedding

A viral photo of the invoice tickled Twitter this week, calling out the “no show, no call” guests and declaring, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wedding reception invoice before lol.” The bold move, which is sure to seal the fate of that friendship, sparked a heated online debate over whether the couple’s missive was tacky or totally justified.

The no-shows were given a payment due date of one month from the Aug. 18 invoice sent by the newlyweds whose Royalton Negril Resort & Spa wedding in Jamaica apparently cost $120 a head, per the detailed invoice that many tweeters assumed was fake.

The resulting wedding bill, originally posted to Doug’s Facebook, put the guilty parties on blast: “This invoice is being sent to you because you confirmed seat(s) at the wedding reception during the Final Headcount,” a note at the bottom of the “#PETTYPOST” reads. “Because you didn’t call or give us proper notice that you wouldn’t be in attendance, this amount is what you owe us for paying for your seat(s) in advance. You can pay via Zelle or PayPal. Please reach out to us and let us know which method of payment works for you. Thank you!

Simmons, a small business owner in Chi-Town, stressed that it’s not about money. He and his new bride were merely hurt and felt disrespected by the no-shows at their hard earned dream wedding with more than 100 attendees.
“Four times we asked, ‘Are you available to come, can you make it?,’ and they kept saying ‘Yes,’ ” he told The Post. “We had to pay in advance for Jamaica. This was a destination wedding.”

“No one told me or texted me, ‘Hey, we can’t make it,’ ” Simmons said. “That’s all I was asking. If you tell me you can’t make it, I would be understanding, but to tell me nothing, but then let me pay for you and your plus ones? Four people became eight people. I took that personally.”

Last edited:

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its fair enough! If you havent the guts to say no,or at least decline in time,then you get all you deserve

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn’t something like this happen several years ago? I tell all my friends if they want me at their wedding, do it after football season.lol

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its fair enough! If you havent the guts to say no,or at least decline in time,then you get all you deserve
I’ve been invited to weddings by people I didn’t even know that well.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the trend is going to be toward lower cost, less extravagant affairs. I have a number of neighbors who have wedding venues as some of their side income. It is amazing what some people will pay for a place to throw a party!

The most recent event I went to the couple had an elopement with 8 people. A week later they hosted a reception at the lake house owned by the bride's family. Instead of cake, they had a doughnut bar and hord'oevres, and finger foods. Instead of a DJ they played a Spotify playlist bluetoothed to multiple wireless speakers. Only alcohol was Champagne for the toasts.

Why start out a life together with the weight of Wedding Debt when that same amount of cash would be a decent down payment on a first home, which could be a rental property in the future when it is time to upgrade?

Parents need to set their daughters down for a reality check on their "dream wedding" And the Mother of the Bride needs to remember this event is not hers to create to show off to their friends and family. I'd like to see a trend of every 10th anniversary parties (10/20/30/40).

And FWIW.....I don't give wedding gifts. I give 1st anniversary gifts.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been invited to weddings by people I didn’t even know that well.
Yep,but,you can still say no,or,if you cant make it after you have accepted,let them know...its basic good manners

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They can send an invoice, but they can't force someone to pay.
I don't think they'll collect, nor will they be able to ding someone's credit report for the no show.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flaking now has become accepted as a "norm" it's not only women who flake but men as well
and also people flaking at weddings, birthday parties etc
I remember a forum member once stating in the 70s/80s a woman wouldn't dare flake and if she did cancel would call and apologize profusely
I loath flaking in business you could lose out on a client or even a potential multi million business deal for crap like this

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think they'll collect, nor will they be able to ding someone's credit report for the no show.
If I need to give someone my social security number then I definitely ain’t coming to their wedding.lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had the courtesy to RSVP "No" to the weddings I've been invited to but elected to skip.

I recently passed by "Wedding Crashers" airing on TV. When I see that movie, even for a moment, I realize how fictional it is. Few weddings today have multiple single people at them. If the couple getting married is above 25, the majority of attendees will be in existing relationships and not open to approaches, even from suave guys like many of us posters. I skipped one of my good friends' weddings but was later informed that there were no single women among the ~110 attendees that were in their 20s/early 30s. I heard similar stories from other weddings in my social circle that I didn't attend.