Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article Regarding IM

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=4&u=/nm/20050727/tc_nm/tech_teens_dc

this is why you should get good at IM. not that you're going for 12-17 year olds, but that IM is becoming the preferred method of online exchange. besides, those 17 year olds will be 22 in five years. yum!

it's not going to stop and dare i say that at some point down the road, online "meeting", "sarging", or whatever will dominate. when that point will come, who knows...but clear as day, and like it or not, IT IS coming.

=============

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - E-mail is for grown-ups and U.S. teenagers now prefer instant messaging to communicate with each other online, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Internet users from 12 to 17 years old say e-mail is best for talking to parents or institutions, but they are more likely to fire up IM when talking with each other, the nonprofit Pew Internet and American Life Project found.

E-mail is still used by 90 percent of online teens. But the survey found greater enthusiasm for instant messaging.

Three-quarters of teen Internet users use instant messaging, compared with 42 percent of adults, Pew said. Nearly half of teens said they exchanged IMs daily, and some said they spent more than two hours each day using instant-messenger programs.

Half or nearly half of the 1,100 teenagers surveyed said they used IM to send Web links or photos to each other, while nearly one-third said they had sent music or video clips over IM. Adults were much less likely to do any of those things, the survey found.

Nearly nine out of 10 teenagers say they use the Internet, up from 74 percent in 2000. Those are who still not online are likely to be so poor that they have limited access to technology, the survey found, and are disproportionately black.

The survey, conducted in October and November 2004, has a margin of error of 4 percentage points.

====================

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

this is why you should get good at IM.
If you already good at talking, then IM talk is just basically same thing but with bigger pauses. So it boild down to be a good conversationalist...IM skills will then come naturally.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
al, IM is nothing like real convo.

toocold, I'm a bit worried about you, from 22, to 18, to 17, to jail . . . :)

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wee! I love talking w/ chix on IM.. It's easy and fun and girls say things they would never say on the phone.

Yep. Those girls that are IMing right now will respect a guy who can hang with them using their preferred method of communication. So, if you're looking to hook up with younger girls (like I loooooooove to do) then ya best learn how to talk with in IM.

I keep saying this.. if you kow what you're doing, hooking up on the internet is like shooting fish in barrel. :cheer:

Eric

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger

toocold, I'm a bit worried about you, from 22, to 18, to 17, to jail . . . :)

college degree is a major requirement, so i'll be ok (for now). maybe when i'm 40 i'll drop it down to 20 :D

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
There are some differences of course, my point is if you are good at talking you easily can have a great convo on IM.
So basic skill is just to be able to converse....if you can do that, I guess IM is even easier than real conversation.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
There are some differences of course, my point is if you are good at talking you easily can have a great convo on IM.
So basic skill is just to be able to converse....if you can do that, I guess IM is even easier than real conversation.
true, but the other way around doesn't necessarily work. that is, if you're good at IM, it doesn't necessarily mean you're good in person. the point is, and it's very important, is to be congruent with both.

if you're great in person, but suck on IM, then you're probably not going to get a chance to even meet her in person.

if you're great at IM, but suck in person, she'll be disappointed and next you, after you meet.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

1. that is, if you're good at IM, it doesn't necessarily mean you're good in person.

2. if you're great in person, but suck on IM, then you're probably not going to get a chance to even meet her in person.

1 is definitely true.

What I am saying is we dont need to pay attention to specific of IM talk. We have to focus on real conversation. If you can do well in person, you will do fin on IM. So I think 2 is not true.

What is the difference between IM and real convo? on IM you have more time to think before you answer. And it cannot make the convo worse...