Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Fitness trackers find new symptom of depression -- body temperature

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

Years back, I started taking basal temps about twice a year. I discovered that my thyroid needed more iodine than it was getting. I began yearly potassium iodide loading; my temps returned to normal. Food for thought.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Years back, I started taking basal temps about twice a year. I discovered that my thyroid needed more iodine than it was getting. I began yearly potassium iodide loading; my temps returned to normal. Food for thought.
Ironically, this is the first thing you do when you start on a program called "The Plan" which helps detect hidden food intolerances and foods that don't work with your body chemistry.

I've used Lugol's before but now currently just take an organic kelp supplement daily.

People who no longer use normal table salt can become low in iodine very easily since table salt has iodine added to it but things like Himalayan salt doesn't.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be more curious about thermoregulation than resting body temperature.

I've had tons of bloodwork done, my iodine and electrolyte levels are great as are my T1-T4s. Body temperature is always normal. I supplement iodized salt, potassium chloride, magnesium regularly so that may play a role.

I say this because, it's very difficult for me to get overly cold or hot. I sleep in very thin bedding, with no clothes, at 58-62 degrees with a fan then wake up and work in my unheated apartment for the rest of the day in a tshirt (with no food either)... On the other extreme end, I have a ridiculous tolerance for heat. I can stay in saunas for 30+ minutes with clothing on and not sweat much. I wear heavy, unventilated motorcycle gear in sweltering summer heat and while uncomfortable, I don't mind much. No idea if this is depression related but it wouldn't surprise me if there's also a correlation. Could be a case of "mind over matter" but who knows.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People who no longer use normal table salt can become low in iodine very easily since table salt has iodine added to it but things like Himalayan salt doesn't.
I have to limit my salt intake, so I use Himalayan on food and sea-salt in the boiling water of the pasta, et cetera.

My urine and blood is tested several times a year by the hospital re: kidney stones, close-angle glaucoma and post-Covid diabetes.

I'm wary of Fitbits and smart watches though. I don't like being 'tracked'.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have to limit my salt intake, so I use Himalayan on food and sea-salt in the boiling water of the pasta, et cetera.

My urine and blood is tested several times a year by the hospital re: kidney stones, close-angle glaucoma and post-Covid diabetes.

I'm wary of Fitbits and smart watches though. I don't like being 'tracked'.
Man that's rough...COVID has the potential to fvck up your body pretty bad, especially the earlier versions.

I take organic kelp capsules to get iodine...

Do you take any glucose disposal agents to help with diabetes? Or is it Type I from COVID destroying insulin producing cells?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man that's rough...COVID has the potential to fvck up your body pretty bad, especially the earlier versions.
I got sick early in 2020, severe lung covid with double pneumonia, was taken to the hospital by ambulance four times, spent two weeks in the palliative care unit. I got rid of the detritus after my hospital stay, but my lung function is not getting higher than 83%. Which is still better than the doctors expected.
Martyn Gassho.jpg
Do you take any glucose disposal agents to help with diabetes? Or is it Type I from COVID destroying insulin producing cells?
It's type 2. I probably would've gotten diabetes in my seventies or eighties, but now I got it in my fifties. Accelerated decrepitude.
I dropped twenty kilos and take Janumet. And ride my bicycle everywhere within a 50km radius.