Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Arrogance!

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Arrogance…is it a good thing? I don’t like arrogance.

*Note: this is not a post for people with a low self-esteem.

-Arrogant people think they are the best. True? They are more important than other people, they are the best there is, and they are always right. The problem with this, though, is that it’s a very limiting way to live. You think you’re the best, but who are you comparing yourself to? The people who know more than you, or the people who know less? All you’re doing is lowering your standards, which is cheating yourself of happiness. Yeah, it makes you feel good to compare yourself to people who aren’t as well off as you. But when you do that, when you’re blinded by how “great” you THINK you are, you don’t get any better, and everything will eventually come crashing down on you. There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, but when it limits you, when it gets to your head, when you go on an ego trip, that's when things go sour. Read those posts by Likretsam, I think it's called “I did what I could not do.”

-When you’re arrogant, you make excuses for yourself. That chick didn’t like you? She doesn’t know what she’s missing, that was her fault, not mine. Can’t make friends? It's not my fault, it's the circumstances, it's the people, it's the school, but it isn't me. That guy disagrees with you? He’s just a stupid idiot, because I am always right. It might not be exactly like this, but it’s there one way or another. It’s a very limiting way of living your world, and when you’re blinded by arrogance, well, you’re blind.

-Arrogant people also think that they know it all. If you’re really the best, you should be the best. You should be coming up with ideas that NO ONE has ever dreamt of, you should be starting revolutions, you should be world-famous, and there should never be any doubt in anyone’s mind that you are, indisputably, the best. If you haven’t reached that point, it means you aren’t the best, it means you have to keep going and keep improving yourself. You will NEVER know everything. You won’t even come close, and that’s a fact. If you think you know it all, you’re living in a delusional world, and you’re only limiting yourself. Do you realize how silly it is to act like you are something that you are not?

-Arrogant people are self-important, and they like bragging. Isn’t that right? Bragging is our way of proving our worth to other people. But if we feel like we have to prove our worth, then obviously we don’t feel like we are worth much.

Last edited:

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like insecurity, not arrogance- to me :)

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, and I saw this post, and it reminded me of a thread I had made, where I said I was in fact, "the best thing to happen to sosuave, since sliced bread", and someone asked me if I was joking, and I am of course joking, don't want anyone to think I am an arrogant prick, I am not.

And he is right, if you think you know everything, you are mistaken, read the handbook of applied cryptography, and then tell me if you know everything. lol.

That was a joke, btw.

But arrogance really kills your game, expecially LTR's.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a little arrogance isn't a bad thing. Most people have it in them. But everything you've just said sounds like some major case insecurity.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ What you described is not arrogance, it's a lack of self-esteem.

AS

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lil arrogance is good I think but it shouldn't be a major part of your personality. If you ever do show off arrogance it should be timed right.....if you don't know when that is then you should stay humble

S-lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok theres nothing wrong with alittle aggrances

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...ok what's the difference between arrogance and confidence? I don't get it. I always thought that arrogance was that feeling of self-importance and superiority.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by October
Arrogance…is it a good thing? I don’t like arrogance.

*Note: this is not a post for people with a low self-esteem.

-Arrogant people think they are the best. True? They are more important than other people, they are the best there is, and they are always right. The problem with this, though, is that it’s a very limiting way to live. You think you’re the best, but who are you comparing yourself to? The people who know more than you, or the people who know less? All you’re doing is lowering your standards, which is cheating yourself of happiness. Yeah, it makes you feel good to compare yourself to people who aren’t as well off as you. But when you do that, when you’re blinded by how “great” you THINK you are, you don’t get any better, and everything will eventually come crashing down on you. There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, but when it limits you, when it gets to your head, when you go on an ego trip, that's when things go sour. Read those posts by Likretsam, I think it's called “I did what I could not do.”

-When you’re arrogant, you make excuses for yourself. That chick didn’t like you? She doesn’t know what she’s missing, that was her fault, not mine. Can’t make friends? It's not my fault, it's the circumstances, it's the people, it's the school, but it isn't me. That guy disagrees with you? He’s just a stupid idiot, because I am always right. It might not be exactly like this, but it’s there one way or another. It’s a very limiting way of living your world, and when you’re blinded by arrogance, well, you’re blind.

-Arrogant people also think that they know it all. If you’re really the best, you should be the best. You should be coming up with ideas that NO ONE has ever dreamt of, you should be starting revolutions, you should be world-famous, and there should never be any doubt in anyone’s mind that you are, indisputably, the best. If you haven’t reached that point, it means you aren’t the best, it means you have to keep going and keep improving yourself. You will NEVER know everything. You won’t even come close, and that’s a fact. If you think you know it all, you’re living in a delusional world, and you’re only limiting yourself. Do you realize how silly it is to act like you are something that you are not?

-Arrogant people are self-important, and they like bragging. Isn’t that right? Bragging is our way of proving our worth to other people. But if we feel like we have to prove our worth, then obviously we don’t feel like we are worth much.

i think you missed the point
If nearly everyone likes u, and u got no trouble wit women,
then how is it your fault 1 or 2 guys dont wanna be ur friend or 1 or 2 women SAY they dont find you attractive?

i tink you are trying 2 say u hate when people are **** but think they are good.

i believe you would call me arrogantm unfortunately you would not find me bragging, so would that just make you the bitter, sore loser?

i dnuno why my signature doesnt show,

but heres a quote by me

"If you are the best you have 2 mutually exclusive choices,
look down on the others, or Become Greater."

Now a great man once said " i have patience and courtesy to everyone, but up to a point, once my limit is surpassed, 5 minutes off the record and im good to go."

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AS - Thanks, I read it over again. So arrogance means that you're extremely confident in yourself and your abilities, although without the need to reinforce it to everyone and without taking yourself seriously? I guess that throws my fourth point out the window.

I guess that also screws my first and second points. I thought about it, and that kind of arrogance means that you'll always expect the highest standards out of yourself because you're that good. I guess I've been mistaking arrogance and overconfidence for insecurity.

I guess my next question is, why are you arrogant? I mean, I know that arrogance is good in gaining respect from people and handling people, but is it good for anything else? I think that people look for strength that they can latch onto. And at what point do you know that your arrogance is justified? I used to be terribly confident in myself, but I kept coming across people who were so much better, and I kept realizing over and over how little I knew, and I wondered if I was justified in my arrogance. I guess that's what I meant when I said that we compare ourselves to people with know less than we do. I mean, I believe in fate, and that we are the result of our collective experiences, and that we cannot control what we experience, so in a general sense, we can't really control who we are. Does that mean that selfishness is flawed? Maybe I'm thinking a little too much, or maybe I've been reading too many of Smooth's posts, I dunno.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by October
AS - Thanks, I read it over again. So arrogance means that you're extremely confident in yourself and your abilities, although without the need to reinforce it to everyone and without taking yourself seriously? I guess that throws my fourth point out the window.

I guess that also screws my first and second points. I thought about it, and that kind of arrogance means that you'll always expect the highest standards out of yourself because you're that good. I guess I've been mistaking arrogance and overconfidence for insecurity.

I guess my next question is, why are you arrogant? I mean, I know that arrogance is good in gaining respect from people and handling people, but is it good for anything else? I think that people look for strength that they can latch onto. And at what point do you know that your arrogance is justified? I used to be terribly confident in myself, but I kept coming across people who were so much better, and I kept realizing over and over how little I knew, and I wondered if I was justified in my arrogance. I guess that's what I meant when I said that we compare ourselves to people with know less than we do. I mean, I believe in fate, and that we are the result of our collective experiences, and that we cannot control what we experience, so in a general sense, we can't really control who we are. Does that mean that selfishness is flawed? Maybe I'm thinking a little too much, or maybe I've been reading too many of Smooth's posts, I dunno.
Yes... the good old days of being seventeen. :) I am arrogant for one reason and one reason only...

I always need something to shoot for. Everything you said about meeting people better than you and things like that, are absolutely right. The thing that justifies your 'arrogance' is the belief in yourself that if you put in the time and effort, you will\ eventually be better than all of those people.

Basically, it's almost like masochistic check against yourself and become complacent. Give it some more though.

AS

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soniq_red
oh but you need arrogance.
u gotta be down to earth too;) :cool:

SlyD4rK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Arrogance screwed me over...read my post 'reality check'

it all went to my head...really quickly...and for some reason i felt the need to brag...i dont know why, and October was right....it does all come crashing down on you...i went from being the coolest cat in my group to the bottom of the chain...in about a week..

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SlyD4rK
Arrogance screwed me over...read my post 'reality check'

it all went to my head...really quickly...and for some reason i felt the need to brag...i dont know why, and October was right....it does all come crashing down on you...i went from being the coolest cat in my group to the bottom of the chain...in about a week..
^ Again, that wasn't you being arrogant.

That was you being a braggart and probably you being condescending to others.

Hopefully you learned a lesson.

AS