Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Arm Yourself with Scientific DJ Knowledge: Face, Attraction, and Selection

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw that, but how is that supposed to help us? Unless we get facial reconstructive surgery we can't change our faces :rolleyes:

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those who can't read the full article (with explanations for what constitutes "attractiveness"--which is correlated to facial symmetry), I have a few quotes from the same article:

"Our results show that highly attractive faces correspond with high-quality semen samples. This is the first direct evidence of a relationship between the attractiveness of man and his physiological reproductive quality. Similar results have been observed in other animals (Birkhead & Fletcher, 1995 and Roldán et al., 1998), supporting our findings. This would suggest that there might be a link between genes that determine facial phenotype and those that regulate spermatogenesis....

"...it has been shown that men whose faces were horizontally asymmetrical were more depressed and more emotionally labile, while those whose faces were vertically asymmetrical were more impulsive (Shackelford & Larsen, 1997). Moreover, facial asymmetry may be a more reliable sign of poor health in men than in women (Shackelford & Larsen, 1997)."

There you go...

I found another article on the hip-waist and waist-shoulder ratios and how they correlate to sexual behavior. If you guys are interested in some real scientific DJ knowledge, let me know.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, maybe we can't help it. Or maybe environmental factors can change the perceptions of women. The scientists in that article suggest that future research should look into how women from different cultures respond to facial characteristics. Maybe women respond differently. But as far as I can tell, all of you DJs on the board speak of women and HBs irrespective of countries/races...

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, to me this article is just stating the obvious - that physical attraction is part of evolution. It allows the species to select strong mates. Obviously we can still do things to improve our physical appearance - basic grooming can go a long way ;) I think its better to focus on things that we can change though. Case in point - I'm losing my hair at a young age and I can't do a thing about it. I CAN go workout, get a better wardrobe, etc. Much better to focus on the things we can change IMO.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you. There is something that is determined and something that is not. Although I think it's still good to know the limits within which we can exercise our agency.