"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Arguing

Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Sunny Isle Beach
Not sure if this belongs here or anything else

Hey. I have a question about arguing. i know that arguing isnt exactly a dj thing to do but some times in high school I think its impossible to avoid. The thing is I really suck at arguing. I cant find good enough dissess on people to win. Can give any tips on how I can win an argument or get someone to f|_|ck off without making myself look like a little *****.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
I am not exactly sure what you mean but I am guessing someone could start picking on you and how to respond to that?

Best way to go is ****y & funny and take his comment as a joke, and joke back. I am saying to not take his insults or comments as a personal attack.

If you really don't have a clue how to respond or what to say, just look at him/her with a semi-bored expression, yawn, turn around and walk away slowly. (Only do this when you absolutely don't know what to say)

I think maybe you should give a little more background on the situation though if you want better examples of what to say in certain situations.

Either way, don't let the insult bother you in any way and show them you are not bothered. This will make you appear more confident.
 

dbot

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
530
Reaction score
63
Arguments of substance can be handled well simply by making your point. The only advice I can give you is to know what you're talking about.

Verbal bashing should never happen. And if any high school student is lame enough to yell random insults at someone else, then I doubt anyone considers them "cool" anyway. If the insults weren't random, then you provoked them :p
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Arguing is the most pointless form of conversation.

You can't change peoples minds, you won't pursuade them, you end up just making yourself mad, and the other person mad.

So why do it? There are no good disses, there are no good responses to Solve an arguement.

What you do is try to dissolve it, break it up, don't waste your time with an argument.

The next time someone says something to you, just blow it off.

Ex:
"Your a fag!"
"Whatever you believe"

"Your wrong about so/so!"
"eh whatever works for you"

I like what caveman said. Just make a joke out of it. Don't get insulted and don't prod, that'll get the arguement broken up faster than you can say, thanks you guys for your help.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
keep saying it, they'll either get really pissed off, but they know you won't do anything, so they'll get sick of it.

Or they'll just get sick of it, and give up.

Either way you win the easiest battle ever.
 
Top