Are your cheeks / face redder than normal?

Kaparski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man lol..........u owe me 5 minutes of life:

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qa-adf9.html

a nice government site

http://www.nutrasweet.com/articles/article.asp?Id=45
es.

"Yes. Aspartame's safety has been documented in more than 200 objective scientific studies. The safety of aspartame has been confirmed by the regulatory authorities of more than 100 countries, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada, as well as expert committees such as the European Commission's Scientific Committee on Food and the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization and World Health Organization Joint Expert Committee on Food Additives.

The U.S. FDA is one of the governmental agencies charged with safeguarding the American food supply. Upon approval of aspartame, the FDA concluded that it was safe for the general public including children, pregnant and nursing women, and diabetics.

According to the FDA, aspartame is one of the most thoroughly studied ingredients in the food supply. In fact, when approving aspartame, the FDA Commissioner noted: "Few compounds have withstood such detailed testing and repeated, close scrutiny, and the process through which aspartame has gone should provide the public with additional confidence of its safety."

Dont object to this statement or Ill label you a complete fool against society and science

a complete un-bais government analysis:

http://www.msfocus.org/publications/pub_articles_aspart.html

The metabolism of aspartame in the human body and the proposed toxicities from its metabolic components have concerned a lot of people and have been the emphasis of many post-marketing surveillance studies. Aspartame is metabolized by digestive enzymes and peptides to three common dietary components: amino acids, aspartic acid, and phenylalanine. Minute amounts of methanol can also be detected. Eating foods such as meat, dairy, fruits, and vegetables will also produce these same components, but in greater amounts than aspartame. For example, a glass of milk has 6 times more phenylalanine and 13 times more aspartic acid and a glass of tomato juice provides 6 times more methanol than a beverage the same size sweetened with 100 percent aspartame. Interestingly enough, it is impossible for humans to digest enough aspartame to raise the levels of these metabolic components to a dangerous level.

Anecdotal reports claiming that aspartame caused health problems increased in the days and weeks after aspartame was approved for use in carbonated beverages in 1983. These reports prompted the FDA to request an investigation by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC analyzed more than 500 reports and the problems associated with aspartame were divided into two categories. Two-thirds of the people experienced neurological problems while one-quarter of the people experienced gastrointestinal problems. The neurological symptoms consisted of headaches, mood alterations, insomnia, dizziness, and fatigue. The gastrointestinal symptoms included abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. The CDC concluded, "The majority of symptoms were mild and are symptoms that are common in the general populace." The CDC also noted that there was no evidence supporting the claim that aspartame could cause certain diseases (i.e. multiple sclerosis, lupus, etc.).

While nothing can be considered 100 percent safe, aspartame has undergone extensive testing. With the exception of a few very mild side effects, aspartame appears to be quite safe. Those individuals, who experience problems after consuming aspartame, should eliminate foods and beverages that contain this sweetener from their diet.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/psafe/0,,3wdg,00.html

http://www.modernmom.com/content/1022

http://www.aspartame.net/media/info/faq5.html

Good enough yet? Naw a couple more for kicks:

http://www.ific.org/publications/brochures/aspartamebroch.cfm

http://www.equal.com/canada/aspartame.htm

All sites are either gov or organizations.....none of those unknowns.

And plz dont post this, "government lies" non-sense, the whole world is NOT against you

Last edited:

Kaparski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Are your cheeks / face redder than normal?

Originally posted by Duke
Yup. For me it's after a few sprints. I look like I'm about to die, even though the only thing wrong with me is that I'm a little short on breath and need to take 5 seconds to catch it.

Thanks Sammo. There's tons of research on artificial sweeteners that point to negative consequences, which I'll get to later on.

Dude! Google aspartame and you will find TONS of research pointing to the negative effects of it as well as hundreds of testimonials of people who have quit and now enjoy greater health. I personally can attest that having quit it, my short-term memory is much better, I don't suffer from random joint pain anymore, and my severe flushing episodes have gone down by 20% at least.

Sucralose I am not as sure about since it is a derivative of sugar and does not contain phenylanaline as far as I know. But don't tell me aspartame isn't harmful unless you give me some credible evidence.

Makeup? Eh, I'll pass. I did get some medicated cream that also acts as a sort of concealer for the redness (it's a green cream), but I still have reservations about shopping at Avon for myself...lol. I won't need it in a couple months after all my IPL treatments are done anyways.
Well I guess ill give you credit for not jumping on the aspartame to sucralose --> evil bandwagon....

I guess that gives me a rite to say that smoking TONS of dope, drinking lots, and taking painkillers in the recent year has increased my short and long term memory. THis whole, "Im a better person from stopping" is way too broad.......theres 1000's of reasons that may help you feel better.

One thing I noticed was chugging diet coke and reg. coke fast [like 30sec - 1min] That made my head ache. Not the aspartame. Goes to show its all up for experience.......however, the scientific data is unquestionable (see above)

Last edited:

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, wanna update ya'll.

I had all 6 IPL treatments and it's been about a month and a half since my final one.

Excellent results. I am very satisfied. The permanent redness decreased by about 35-40% and now it takes a lot more for my face to get red. Well worth the $.

doctor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff Duke. I'm pleased for you. Now get out there and pull some chicks! (Doctor's orders :-D :p )

Some of you guys wear makeup :-o

Well you'd have to be careful. If it's at all visible it looks poofy (mind you apparently this is some guy's strategy).

Two other things to say:

SKIN CANCER and NATURAL TANS ARE linked. Electromagnetic radition (especially UV wavelenghs that cause tanning) splits DNA within your cells. It's happening ALL the time.

There are repair mechanisms that keep this in check and attempt to prevent mutations. Some get through though. Usually this occurs in a region of junk DNA (since only about 7% of the genome contains anything useful and only 3% codes for proteins -most of the 4% that's useful but doesn't code for proteins are promotors)

If this gene occurs in one of a HUGE number of genes in the genome or it's promotor regions (proto-oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes) then dysplasia of some sort will develop causing in creased cell division. This increased cell division causes an extremely high likelyhood of picking up further mutations. All you now need is mutations in one or two other key sites (of which there are many) before you've got a full blown malignant neoplasm (cancer). At least 50% of cancers have a mutation in the protein p53 which is what tells mutant cells to kill themselves.

My suggestion - avoid sunbeds and wear sunscrean when out and about.

Also aspartamine is a subject of great debate. That's why in the UK they only have to tell you it's in the thing you're drinking. In the US I'm told drinks cans containing it by law have a note saying that it 'causes cancer' not 'may cause cancer'....Well you can happily take your risks if you like.

Reality is it's like all carinogens it's just a statistical likleyhood over time. But if I were you I'd cut it down - dramatically.

Well there's my two cents.

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
Government doesn't lie about food safety... uh

Sorry,
I still find it hard to trust American government when it comes to food policies and safety evaluation. What about the whole dairy cow rGBH growth hormone produced by Monsanto? It's banned in countries all over the globe, due to sketchy tests and results that suggest detrimental effect to humans in the dairy supply, but the States still endorse the stuff. It's in your milk.

I'd say trust some impartial, third party, NON GOVERNMENTAL green organization, try to find a report from one of them. I'd stay clear of the artificial sweeteners.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

Do you shave every day?

When I worked 9 to 5 I had to shave every day, it made my face red every day.

When I quit shaving every day, my face stopped getting red.

It's a fact, when you shave you actually shave just as much skin off as you do hair.
It can make your face chapped (I know that sounds weird, but that's the only medical term for it that I've found.)
It happens more often with electric razors, from what I've read.