"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Are you an Interesting Person??

Benny

New Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Can you think of something to post that is interesting about yourself......

I have no problem carrying a conversation with this girl I have been dating. I have been using several techniques mentioned on this site such as asking open-ended questions and nouning to mention a few. There is always something to talk about, however, the talk ratio is about 80/20 if not even more in her favour. I am a fairly reserved person but I guess I don't find myself too interesting.

She asked me a question the other day..."Tell me something interesting about yourself?" I could not think of one thing to say. I realized that I had not told this girl much at all about myself. I usually add in comments or stories but nothing too exciting. I am going to school right now and don't do too much exciting other than studying. I do play a lot of sports, am fairly active and socialize a lot but I can't think of anything interesting that has hapenned to me.

Does anyone else find it difficult to tell girls about themselves? Maybe people could post something that they find interesting about themselves..
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
It may surprise you, but your 80/20 ratio is probably working in your favour. Sure, you could do with contributing a bit more to conversations (not too much more though) and being able to reply to questions, but women love guys who listen and love guys with mystery too.

One time I went on a date with a very talkative girl and the conversation ratio was probably about 80/20 too, and my 20% was mostly questions and relating to what she was saying. I liked the girl, but I thought the night had been a total washout. Yet at the end of the night she told me she'd had a wonderful time, was so glad she got to know me, invited me back to her place, said she felt like she'd known me for years, hinted that fate had brought us together and was totally into me. She also said that I have an air of mystery about me.

If a girl asks you to tell her something interesting about yourself, try talking about your ambitions, places you want to visit, things you want to do rather than your past. This shows her you are someone who has direction, takes action and is going somewhere in life, and women go for that! Moreover, it opens up a new direction in the conversation and you can then ask her about her ambitions, her future aims and dreams. This will spark her imagination and put her in a positive state of mind.

You see, people create associations between people and their mood, so if she experiences good moods when she's around you, she will associate you with those positive feelings. On the whole, your conversations should be aimed at putting her at ease and stirring up positive thoughts.

This is just one example, but anything that involves imagination is a great conversation topic as anybody can get carried away with dreams and you can learn a lot of things about each other too.
 

pootwo

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
UK
well. My experience is, that even if you have far out, wacky adventures on a daily basis, girls just aren't interested.

I've talked about some of the more surreal things that have happened to me, or at least, what i consider to be the most interesting, & the girls seem to be turned off by this.

I don't know whether they think i'm showing off (even though THEY asked me to tell them this stuff!), or they don't want an adventurous, interesting, spontanious guy. They want a dull, predictible, everyman.. & thats the sad truth that i'm now beginning to believe...
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
When the girl tells you her lifestory, her conclusion is that she's known you forever even though she doesn't know jack**** and you're still mysterious to her.
 

Benny

New Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I definitely agree with you guys that keeping mysterious is a good thing in a way. Dirtheart I found your post especially helpful about talking about the future. I tried it out last night and it worked out quite well. She was impressed that I talked so much and thought that my future was very interesting. Does anyone else have ideas on how to have a girl think you are interesting?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Dirtheart
It may surprise you, but your 80/20 ratio is probably working in your favour. Sure, you could do with contributing a bit more to conversations (not too much more though) and being able to reply to questions, but women love guys who listen and love guys with mystery too.

One time I went on a date with a very talkative girl and the conversation ratio was probably about 80/20 too, and my 20% was mostly questions and relating to what she was saying. I liked the girl, but I thought the night had been a total washout. Yet at the end of the night she told me she'd had a wonderful time, was so glad she got to know me, invited me back to her place, said she felt like she'd known me for years, hinted that fate had brought us together and was totally into me. She also said that I have an air of mystery about me.

If a girl asks you to tell her something interesting about yourself, try talking about your ambitions, places you want to visit, things you want to do rather than your past. This shows her you are someone who has direction, takes action and is going somewhere in life, and women go for that! Moreover, it opens up a new direction in the conversation and you can then ask her about her ambitions, her future aims and dreams. This will spark her imagination and put her in a positive state of mind.

You see, people create associations between people and their mood, so if she experiences good moods when she's around you, she will associate you with those positive feelings. On the whole, your conversations should be aimed at putting her at ease and stirring up positive thoughts.

This is just one example, but anything that involves imagination is a great conversation topic as anybody can get carried away with dreams and you can learn a lot of things about each other too.
Totally agree. Good post.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Originally posted by pootwo
well. My experience is, that even if you have far out, wacky adventures on a daily basis, girls just aren't interested.

I've talked about some of the more surreal things that have happened to me, or at least, what i consider to be the most interesting, & the girls seem to be turned off by this.

I don't know whether they think i'm showing off (even though THEY asked me to tell them this stuff!), or they don't want an adventurous, interesting, spontanious guy. They want a dull, predictible, everyman.. & thats the sad truth that i'm now beginning to believe...
You touched on a nerve here... it semes that stuff that I think should be appreciated the most about me totally flies over their heads. And I think it's either cuz a lot of the times they aren't really listening and just waiting for their turn to say sh!t, or just cannot appreciate you.
But whatever... no reason to cry about it, I guess you have to make them feel spontaneous and do crazy stuff with them instead of talking about it.
 

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
Yesterday I battle a sea monster in the Atlantic.

Then I woke up, but the sea was still there.
 
Top