"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

"Are you a virgin?" / "He's a virgin"

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Louis Area
On more than one occasion I've been asked the question "Are you a virgin?"

In the past I tend to say something like "what sort of ridiculous question is that?!" Their response is always "Aha! You are a virgin!" Then after that, I try to disprove their assumption (their assumption IS true, but they aren't supposed to know that) and tell them that they cannot possibly know for sure.

Other times, people who actually knew it for sure have said the words "he's (me) a virgin" when I was around a bunch of people and then it becomes hard to seem cool to those people after that phrase was uttered. Typically, when anyone does say those words, they're "messed up," so they aren't thinking straight. Plus the people who say things like this don't really respect me.

In the last situation, one suggestion may be to simply not be around those people. Unfortunately, it's easier said than done because we have some mutual friends, and those friendships are important to me. So that isn't really a choice, though I do try to implement that choice the best I can.

What I'd like to know is what are some good responses to that sort of thing?

I don't want to lie, because A) lying is wrong, and B) it'll be obvious that I don't know that I'm talking about. However, in our contemporary sex-crazed society among the younger crowd (18-25) it's considered "uncool" to be a virgin, so I have that working against me whenever people find out.

What can I do to "come out on top" in these situations? Or more specifically, what types of things can I say and/or do?

Ben
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Here's my response. It works everytime.

Them: Hah, your a virgin aren't you
Me: Hah, just because you don't want to believe all the nasty things your mum did to me last night.
 

captn caveman

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Location
Finland
them: u virgin.. hehe

you: seems like pickiness has a price

you: I do not stick my member into every p***y I meet
you: I do not stivk my member into every sewer pipe I come across - this has worked for me beautifully once when I was pissed at some girl accusing me of sleeping around.

if a girl:

always play on the pickiness issue.

that you value sex, and call it special.

or you just could start a monologue about the consuming society in which sex has lost its meaning, and that you, consider it special to be inside a womans body, to feel her soul and to have this mutual experience..

Actually I think I will try this on the weekend, just to see hwat happens..
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Why are you embarrassed about being a virgin?

When I was asked this question some years ago by two girls, I replied: "Yes, I'm a virgin." One of the girls laughed out loud, the other asked me why. I told her "I prefer to be in a committed relationship before I have sex and I still haven't found that person".

I had a lot of conviction in what I was saying, which showed them I was very confident in my beliefs. Both girls suddenly showed a lot of respect for me and a few days later I asked one of them out, had a 6month relationship with her, during which time I lost my virginity.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
caveman's comeback was great. believe the guy before me too. hey, its not bad to be a virgin. it doesn't make you less of a man.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
someone: you a virgin?
you: Of course I'm a virgin, my **** is too small, by ass is to big, and I just can't find pretty girls :(
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Why do you wanna seem like you're not a virgin?

Just fukkin tell em. Yes, I AM a virgin. The right girl didn't come along yet. :D You know any?
 

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
Best reply to "Are you a virgin?"

This is the best reply I've evr come up with to the above mentioned question:

Her: "Are you a virgin?"
You: "Would you like to find out? (sly grin)"

Another one you could use is:

Her: "Are you a virgin?"
You: "Not exactly, I like to refer to it as a rookie"
 
Top