Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Are you a player?"

outplayed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys ever get asked "Are you a player?" If you have, in what ways could this be positive and in what ways could it be negative?

I honestly do not think it is a very positive sign of interest. What would be some good things to say to the types of women who ask these questions? (smart/sarcastic/funny types)

Also, is it cool to tell these girls how many women you have sex'd, if they ask? I usually just say "I don't feel comfortable talking about my sex life with you right now."

Snowman23

Banned
Reaction score
If a girl can spot you as a player... you're not a very good one.

Jblitz59

Don Juan
Reaction score
The defintion of player is a man who only wants promiscuous 'no strings-attached' short-term relationships; preferably multiple. I'd say it's a turnoff but if she hasn't discovered much it could be a jealousy factor too?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Player" is usually a word women use to describe guys who get around. If a girl recognises you as a "player", she recognises the fact that girls like you. Girls like guys who get girls. Simple as.

Just don't admit you are, and don't start telling how many girls you've fvcked. Just keep being cool -- they already recognise that you are (and that other girls think you are)

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have fvck buddies. They are cool with it. So what?

Jean Valjean

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on context.
If a "nice girl" looking for a relationship asks - the right answer if you want to keep seeing her is a resounding NO. She is feeling out whether you are quality material for a steady boyfriend.

If a girl who likes casual sex for its own sake asks - it may be a compliment as in you're hot so you get alot of chicks. I want you.

dj_china

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually get asked that by almost every girl who has ever shown interest in me, whether I was trying to game her or not. To be completely honest though, I am far from a player (thats why I'm here -- I need to improve my game). even back in high school, girls who were into me would ask if I was a player, and back then I was too shy to even initiate a hug with a girl (as a greeting, etc.), though of course if they wanted to hug me i'm fine with it

so from my history, i almost always take these comments as a sign of interest, and i just deny it (which is true! for now at least)
this hasn't hurt me at all, as i've never lost a girl because she thought i was too much of a player, despite her questioning

Captin Krunch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Player= A Person that dates more than one person...also called a "pimp" lmao

but yea i have had a couple of girls be str8 up and ask me this question, and i get serious and say no...even though it might not be true..i say no lmao...BTW good example ^^ (on the little guy trying to be the tough guy) so true!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl: "Are you a player?"
Me: "No, I'm just looking for the best girl."
Girl: "Well you should stop dating everyone else and just date me."
Me: "Give me a pretty good reason to do something like that... ;) "

why is it every time that I tell a girl that, they give me some sex. Although nice, I want some nice conversation that will show off some of their personality :p

comic_relief

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
outplayed said:
Do you guys ever get asked "Are you a player?" If you have, in what ways could this be positive and in what ways could it be negative?
If a girl is asking you, she already believes you are or is making fun of you.

"I'm a bit of a player" is good. Its lighthearted, but doesn't dance around the question. I've always gotten a good response from that. But its your job to continue to the conversation and not let it stagnate on your "devious" behavior. Your follow up should be - "Why? Are you?" or "Whats up? Game recognizing game?" or something - that reinforces a positive feeling in her, about you.

And don't get it twisted, women tend to enjoy the company of players - for a reason.

axxo

Don Juan
Reaction score
the correct answer to the question: "whoa how did you know that? usually it takes one to know one.. *grin*"

Mr CIDH

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a positive thing. She thinks you are good with women.

I always reply: "Me? No. I am very very innocent!"
Her reply: "Yeah sure."

If you reply: No I am not, she might think you are AFC.... or a liar.
If you say: Yes I am, you come off as trying to make an impression.
Jokes avoid that all.

Same as with: "Honey does my ass look fat??"

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr CIDH said:
This is a positive thing. She thinks you are good with women.

I always reply: "Me? No. I am very very innocent!"
Her reply: "Yeah sure."

If you reply: No I am not, she might think you are AFC.... or a liar.
If you say: Yes I am, you come off as trying to make an impression.
Jokes avoid that all.

Same as with: "Honey does my ass look fat??"
"No I'm not, I'm a lover of fine women."

-or-

"Women are like pokemon. Once you got one, you start wanting to collect them all. They come in all kinds of different shapes, sizes, and types. I have a limit of six women at a time just like pokemon. I should just rename myself Ash Ketchem. I'm more of a poke master" :p

I told that to two female FWB's at the bar and the blond waitress. It got really good reviews and I got the blonds number.

comic_relief

Scar Tissue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:
If a girl can spot you as a player... you're not a very good one.
How do you figure...? People talk and thats out of your control. That, conbined with a smooth conversation with the girl and duhhh shes going to think your good with ladies.

Good answers have been posted. Seems like this question gets asked often on this board though

SoylentGreen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to say: "I'm not just a player, I'm controlling the game" - usually gets a laugh. I think some girls like players cause they know they can sleep with them and not have any strings attached...

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I'm not a player I just **** alot"