Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are women even still open to meeting men the old-fashioned way anymore?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't meetup just a bunch of single guys with the same idea?
Meetup is a bunch of thirsty, low value men approaching subpar to mediocre at best women.

It may have worked for some back in 2008 but now it doesn't.
It was a low percentage play in 2008 as well.

It really is true that women nowadays are freaked out when guys approach them in public and there's active psyops to discourage it.
Millennial and Gen Z women are more socially inept than the previous generations. I've seen some social ineptitude from the wives of my male friends, who are around 35 today. The 35 year old wives of my friends aren't even the youngest generation, but they've been somewhat socially inept for a while. One friend has a wife who once claimed she was never approached at a grocery store. It is likely the case that someone started an interaction with her but she was too socially inept to realize what was going on or he wasn't attractive enough so it didn't count as an approach.

Also, many women use earbuds to discourage approaching too.

BergischerLöwe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meetup is a bunch of thirsty, low value men approaching subpar to mediocre at best women.

It was a low percentage play in 2008 as well.

Millennial and Gen Z women are more socially inept than the previous generations. I've seen some social ineptitude from the wives of my male friends, who are around 35 today. The 35 year old wives of my friends aren't even the youngest generation, but they've been somewhat socially inept for a while. One friend has a wife who once claimed she was never approached at a grocery store. It is likely the case that someone started an interaction with her but she was too socially inept to realize what was going on or he wasn't attractive enough so it didn't count as an approach.

Also, many women use earbuds to discourage approaching too.
Yeah man doesn't seem like I'd get anywhere with cold approach

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man doesn't seem like I'd get anywhere with cold approach
If you're using a variety of in-person tactics to implement a date arranging strategies, you're going to need to spend a lot of time doing it.

If you're starting from scratch, you're going to have to do multiple nights a week out at events or bars to get some prospects for first or second dates for many weeks.

In 2013, Roosh wrote an article about doing one approach per day minimum. That's a more manageable way to build out prospects. For a lot of men, doing one approach per day means that they'd have to visit a coffee shop, bookstore, or mall. Some days, it could be at the grocery store. Some days at the gym. Some days in a co-ed sports league or other hobby group.

Approaching is a long slog. Swiping is worse though it feels more convenient because you can sit at home in comfortable clothes doing it and you might be able to send enough texts to arrange a crappy date. Most dates from swipe apps are garbage dates that aren't even worth showing up for and end up as "1 date, no sex, no second date". It's better to arrange fewer dates through real world stuff and have more of those first dates turn into something meaningful.

BergischerLöwe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're using a variety of in-person tactics to implement a date arranging strategies, you're going to need to spend a lot of time doing it.

If you're starting from scratch, you're going to have to do multiple nights a week out at events or bars to get some prospects for first or second dates for many weeks.

In 2013, Roosh wrote an article about doing one approach per day minimum. That's a more manageable way to build out prospects. For a lot of men, doing one approach per day means that they'd have to visit a coffee shop, bookstore, or mall. Some days, it could be at the grocery store. Some days at the gym. Some days in a co-ed sports league or other hobby group.

Approaching is a long slog. Swiping is worse though it feels more convenient because you can sit at home in comfortable clothes doing it and you might be able to send enough texts to arrange a crappy date. Most dates from swipe apps are garbage dates that aren't even worth showing up for and end up as "1 date, no sex, no second date". It's better to arrange fewer dates through real world stuff and have more of those first dates turn into something meaningful.
It's too long a slog to try and stick to without falling off the wagon. Guess I'll have to just keep swiping and pray for a miracle. I'll never feel comfortable approaching in public like that

Last edited: