ARE THEY LYING----the list

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- LIARS OFTEN REVERT TO DENIAL WHEN QUESTIONED and use/begin phrases like: “to be completely honest, to tell you the truth, quite frankly, ordinarily, etc”

- THEY MAY TRY TO DIFUSE A SITUATION WITH HUMOR BY OPENLY ADMIT GUILT-“ya honey I am having an affair with my secretary, were acting getting married soon” and I just won the lottery too”

- THEY TEND TO SUPPLY MORE INFO THEN ASKED-yes I did have lunch with Lisa, we shared a cheese pizza at the Olive Garden, it was raining on a Tuesday.

-HESITATION-if their answers are slow to respond, if they constantly are searching for the perfect answer.

- THEY SPEW RETORICAL QUESTIONS WITH SO CALLED LOGIC-if I was having an affair do you really think I’d be stupid enough to give her my home number. If I did steal the money why would I show up at work the next day?

- CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR REVERSE THE GUILT TRIP ON TO YOU-I can’t believe you are bringing this up again, are you accusing me of cheating, we already discussed this, here we go again, etc.

- BODY LANGUAGE-liars tend to recall info by moving the eyes up & to the right. SHIFY-touching of the nose, head frequently.

- BUFFER ZONE-they tend to put a space between them and you. Folding of the arms, crossing legs, leaning back in a chair, turning chair around, moving chair away from you.

- SET A TRAP-make up a lie and observe how they answer. It’s a double-edged sword conundrum. If they lie they burn, if they claim no knowledge they are suspect. Example: they inform you they were at work, so U say I heard there was a fire at your work on the news….was there any damage. Obviously U made this up, but pay close attention to their answer. Some resort to an alibi like; “I was at work but then we moved to another location"

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, I found your previous post on flake-evasion very insightful and true.
This is just complete BS though man. The best way to avoid liars is to avoid looking for the liar in them.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
then again your only 16, you truly havent had a ton of "dating experience" bars/clubs, speed dating, extensive internet dating research, dated 100's of women for long periods, countless one night stands, the list goes on and on.

AH YOUTH...........all the answers and with little or no experience. Man I wish I was that niave..........again. What you mean t to say was that IN YOUR VAST EXPERIENCE.........you disagree with ALL the above statements............I see.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
Yo, I found your previous post on flake-evasion very insightful and true.
This is just complete BS though man. The best way to avoid liars is to avoid looking for the liar in them.
you got alot to learn.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Lying is part of human nature.. it is and integral part/side effect of competition... quit often the cost of value of the truth is so high that it is impractical to just give the truth freely.. ALL HUMANS LIE.. but all lies contain fragments of the truth so do not ignore a lie completely as a lie can still be valuable in you plotting of you next move in the situation...

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
AH YOUTH...........all the answers and with little or no experience. Man I wish I was that niave..........again. What you mean t to say was that IN YOUR VAST EXPERIENCE.........you disagree with ALL the above statements............I see.
I'm saying I disagree that you should even bother to evaluate whether somebody is lying to you or not. You should use instinct to determine what could be a lie, and go on from there keeping in mind that the person you're talking to could be a liar.
Nobody needs a list of what ppl do when they lie...If somebody lies to me, their importance to me immediately goes down. The lie should be thought of as more harmful to them than to you, so why bother to break it down?