Are There Two Types of Alpha Males. Ego vs Egoless Alpha??

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came across this post on the internet about two types of alpha males. ... Thoughts?

There are two types of Alphas,

The Ego Filled Alpha, and the Egoless Alpha.

The Ego Filled Alpha is the one we can see most days. They are rare to find, but you will always find them among a group, leading.

But then, there is the Egoless Alpha...

This alpha, is the true alpha male.

He is extremely rare to find, and most people will come into contact with 1 of these in his entire life.
examples are: Jesus, Buddha, and most other world religion leaders
Gandhi too.

The Ego alpha does not need approval from others, since he has gotten so much, that he has enough to go around.

He is the cool guys, the ladies men, the leaders. These guys are actually envied, and as we all know, they are egotistic to the core.

The egoless alpha has some of the same characteristics, but in a totally different view.

They do not need approval because they do not crave it. They do not desire anything, since they know that who they are cannot be taken away, and they cannot gain anything either in any way.

They are complete. (Think James Bond)

Where Ego Alphas may get bad days, or need some approval from higher uppers, or always strive for more, the egoless wont.

Alphas have a strong aura about them, but egoless alphas...

They affect anyone they come into contact with, even if they dont know it. The inner peace they have is felt just by walking by him or seeing him from afar. Since they have no needs or desires, they are complete.

Buddha - "Humanitys problems are caused by their wants and needs"

These are the True Alpha Males.

And because they do not crave anything, they let their true self shine through, just like everyone of us is also complete, but we are too occupied searching for ourselves to know it.

Who or What is your definition of an Ego Alpha vs an Ego-less Alpha?

B

BeDJ

I'm striving to be a Zen-Alpha, even though I have much long to go. I don't need the ego boost, but you can say having plates and sex has a great affect on my self esteem. That's not to say my ability to generate options is affected, it's just that beta in me that I have to fight to walk away when I have no options.

Even my boss who cuts my check, I have no problem in being aloof or indifferent with him. At the end of the day, I think of my job as my own business. If I don't make the quota and have his ass grinding on me, I will grin when he gives me a lecture on how to improve. I work for myself, I stick by my own rules and if he doesn't like my attitude....so be it. Fire me, I have no problem finding another job in my field. If all of a sudden I get fired and have no backup plan, it'll make me more desperate for work. That's the beta revealed at the end of the day.

lifeislearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Egoless Alpha" sounds like the unattainable goal. Perfection, Christ-like, you name it; if you aspire to it, you rob yourself of the opportunity to ever achieve it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
James Bond? LOL. How many missions has he fukked up by sleeping with the undercover spy?

Beyond that, one has to be a bit of a narcissist at the very least to be a religious leader. I don't care how "zen" they appear.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh. Some times this whole alpha male bull**** just gets disgusting. Zen? Egoless? Where does this faggotry come from? It doesn't matter one bit in the real world. It's all too woo woo for me. Alpha is the leader in a particular situation. That doesn't guarantee you a bang. Just cause your the top dog in your sphere doesn't mean women will want to bang you. Some wil and some won't. That's just life. Run good game that's what you do. The mail boy to the CEO - run good game. Strive to be your personal best and leave the titles to the wankers.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a book called "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida which is pretty much on the button on this topic.

Crazystarf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most girls (the ones under 25) tend to be attracted to the ones who boast about their abilities and accomplishments (the egotistical alpha). Sure alphas without egos do exist (they are the ones that accomplish more), but they don't seem to be concerned too much about the accomplishments they achieve in life.

Ego is probably one of the most important key factors to ambition, which causes alpha-ness. It's better to be overly ambitions rather than having no ambition at all.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've said this before. 2 things have or are going to ruin the manosphere

1. the word alpha male
2. the HB scale

i'm with warrior, the more real world experience you get the more you realize how utterly useless the word alpha is in functioning everyday life.

To make it worse, with all the amount of posts and blogs we have on the topic, it's stil quite vauge. anyone on this forum can make themselves out to be alpha and anyone on this forum can see anyone else as a beta male its all based on the criteria they wish to use.

show me a guy who goes into starbucks and sees a cute girl with some dude and he asks himself "is this dude more alpha than I am" and i will show you a dude that jacks off 3 times a night because he can't get laid. I am to the point now anytime I see the word alpha in a subject line i just shut down.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with previous posters, this is kind of new age - nonsense.

Anything regarding "ego" or "ego-less" is filled with crap.

Any kind of "ego-less" person you could come up with (alpha or not) is likely a myth, either a myth created from scratch, or a myth created about somebody who nobody has ever met.

You can't be devoid of a desire for attention and validation (or whatever else feeds the ego) any more than you can be devoid of a need for food.

Labels like "alpha" can be misleading as they take you away from what's important.

What's important? Your own goals, chosen by your own subjective values.

Figure out what they are, and then try and get them. If you're getting them, that's good. If you're not, that's not.

labels just get in the way.

LorenzoVonM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll agree on throwing out the term Alpha. Who cares.

As for ego, the notion of being ego-less is far from new age woo woo. It can be seen in all the major teachings (Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Islam). Those have been around for centuries. All spiritual teachers will tell you that it is quite impossible to get rid of your ego. You can be along different levels of ego involvement though from being totally ego involved to just being a watcher of your ego thoughts and knowing they don't mean a whole lot. An unchecked ego will lead to a lot of unhappiness. Look at the No Contact thread. Talk about being attached.

Then people talk about game. Well what do you think good game entails? The most powerful concepts spring from letting go of ego attachments. Outcome Independence and Abundance Mentality are two examples.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LorenzoVonM said:
I'll agree on throwing out the term Alpha. Who cares.

As for ego, the notion of being ego-less is far from new age woo woo. It can be seen in all the major teachings (Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Islam). Those have been around for centuries. All spiritual teachers will tell you that it is quite impossible to get rid of your ego. You can be along different levels of ego involvement though from being totally ego involved to just being a watcher of your ego thoughts and knowing they don't mean a whole lot. An unchecked ego will lead to a lot of unhappiness. Look at the No Contact thread. Talk about being attached.

Then people talk about game. Well what do you think good game entails? The most powerful concepts spring from letting go of ego attachments. Outcome Independence and Abundance Mentality are two examples.
no it doesn't lol

the entire ****ing point of game is to get women when you want them on your terms, that concept in itself is egotistical. I want what i want beucase i want it and i deserve it. Anyone that tries to tie getting *****, or better stated, as much ***** as possible or the best ***** or ***** on demand, and then says to go about it, you have to not care about ***** lol. WTF. that's mental masturbation right there.

I dont' know about you but i care about *****. there are things i care about MORE than *****.. my career, my personal goals, my son, my wife, my well being and health.. but ***** is not far behind lol.

The entire point of DJism if you will is to put ***** in it's proper perspective. not to thumb your nose at the persuit of it or not chase it.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Speculator,
"examples are: Jesus, Buddha, and most other world religion leaders Gandhi too."Then for good measure James Bond....Strange Bed Fellows indeed LOL....Obviously these are People you admire or think you admire,in some tenuous way you are trying to associate them with a life style you would like to attain....A case of moving your target around to suit where your arrow lands!

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speculator E said:
Jesus, Buddha, and most other world religion leaders
Gandhi too.
Jesus Christ was crucified and put to death, and arose from death. I'd put him in a little bit higher standing than the others.

I do agree about the ultimate alpha male though.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I've said this before. 2 things have or are going to ruin the manosphere
1. the word alpha male
2. the HB scale
MEN RATING CHICKS???........GAHHHHHH..SAVE YOURSELVES !!!!

But seriously I'm not really seeing the threat to the manosphere there to be honest. Would have thought it would be more like:
1. Manginas
2. Women

backbreaker said:
I am to the point now anytime I see the word alpha in a subject line i just shut down.
Me too.
backbreaker said:

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i'm with warrior, the more real world experience you get the more you realize how utterly useless the word alpha is in functioning everyday life.
Truth. It seems everyone has their own opinion what alphas are, like they are some kind of Big Foot or something. "OOh! I spotted one!"

You know what qualities a chump would possess, just don't be one.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
MEN RATING CHICKS???........GAHHHHHH..SAVE YOURSELVES !!!!

But seriously I'm not really seeing the threat to the manosphere there to be honest. Would have thought it would be more like:
1. Manginas
2. Women

Me too.
So it's sort of like politics. Some dude has it so easy and has been around long enough that he gets bored, suddenly declares himself enlightened, and starts believing that the rules of the world don't apply to him anymore. Then he starts trying to 'help' other people who in general would rather slit his throat than listen to his 'ideas' ie rainbows and fairies.

How long before we see backbreaker in here crying with a story similar to Bible Belt's?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the problem with alpha

Alpha will and always will be adjusted to meet the requirements of the guy who is doing the judging , and those requirements are always going to be determined by the situtation of the guy

take myself. I'm a businessman first and foremost. I work hard, and i expect people to work hard. I mean, i take care of myself physically and I have a son and a wife but that's not where my self worth comes from for me, it comes from achievement and doing ****. getting **** done. to me an alpha male is a man who gets **** done and pushes himself. I look down on people who don't push themselves like i doa nd i think they are inferior. just being honest. i dont' value people who don't live up to their potential

I'm not picking on anyone here i'm just trying to make ane xample, take... a guy like muscleman. muscleman likes to **** lots and lots of women and feels that the fact that he can **** lots nad lots of women makes him alpha. i'm not even saying it doesn't. he looks at someone like myself as a sell out, because i'm not enjoying life to the fullest as he would see it. There is nothing wrong with that point of view

Then take Andy. Andy is a person i know in real life but for this purpose he's a fictional character. Andy is dating a woman who has 2 kids, what we would see as typical white knight behavior. he's "adopted the kids as his own" so to speak. Andy believes that the fact that he has stepped up to the plate and taken responsibility, make shim a man's man. He feels peole like muscleman and to a lesser extent myself beucase i never would lol and have told him that more than once, are not "men". OF course we laugh at him but he is more than entitled to his point of view justl ike I am and just like muscleman is

Then take Reggie. Reggie has been an utter **** up his entire life and now has found god and he goes around reading his bible all day long and telling everyone about god all day long and considers himself an alpha male or at least, a more true man because he is 'walking in the path of god" so to speak. He considers someone like myself, a diest at best or muscleman, a womanizer by his terms, to be not as manly as he is, and would consider Andy to not be an alpha male, despite the good he is doing, if he does not believe in god the way he does.

Then take Butch. Butch is very much a real person in my life lol who i don't particularly like. Butch is a recovering drug addict just like i am except he is 65 years old and he has like 26 years clean. Butch thinks anyone who has any less time than he does is inferior. his entire self worth is tied into how much clean time he has. He thinks he's the Godfather of drug recovery or some **** lol. He even looks down at people who have never been addicted beucase he feels that people that have not been through what he has been through, who don't work a program like he does, aren't living right.

5 different people. 5 different concepts of what is and is not alpha. that's the problem i have with alpha. and none of them are even WRONG. there are some i don't agree with. pretty much all of them except mine lol. But i, unlike andy and butch and reggie, understand that my concept of what makes a man a man and what makes a man alpha or not in my eyes is directly terminated by my own life experiences and what I want out of life.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
5 different people. 5 different concepts of what is and is not alpha. that's the problem i have with alpha. and none of them are even WRONG. there are some i don't agree with. pretty much all of them except mine lol. But i, unlike andy and butch and reggie, understand that my concept of what makes a man a man and what makes a man alpha or not in my eyes is directly terminated by my own life experiences and what I want out of life.
Notice that in every one of those examples, the guy who proclaims himself alpha is using it to look down on everybody else, or at least on everybody else who doesn't think like him.

This is one of the things that sours my experience with this whole place. There's always been a sense of smugness here: "I know the truth because I swallowed the red pill, and this has given me superpowers to know what women really want, and everybody else is just a bunch of AFCs (or, as some are putting it more recently, 'beta faggots')". I don't believe this "I'm great, and everybody else sucks" attitude is really productive.