Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are tall guys really that alpha?

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Engineering manager, makes good money, 6'2", he was telling his love life, waited on a woman to marry around 32, she couldn't have kids, they were trying since marriage, lost a couple at due 40 to her issues, at 42 she had to get an egg from her friend and his sperm for her to get pregnant, all of that to have one kid, If it isn't oneitis idk what is.

I just heard a convo between she and he on the phone, she talking down to him, yelling him a the phone and him apologizing, after him waiting on her and being for her through all that trouble. But I thought tall guys were the most alpha dudes out there.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
They are perceived to be vs. actually being Alpha.

The PERCEPTION is that they should be because of the evolutionary psychological reasons discussed elsewhere.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That guy is an Engineering Manager. Engineering is part of STEM. STEM guys are not known to be alpha males.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I would say tall guys are "alpha" so much so that tallness is generally a very attractive quality to females when it comes to looks. Good looking men are not necessarily alpha or vice versa. Those are simply two different traits - both of which are attractive.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That guy is an Engineering Manager. Engineering is part of STEM. STEM guys are not known to be alpha males.
That is definitely more the case than not. That said, there ARE dominant, attractive, muscular dudes in tech, and they clean up with the HR and Marketing bunnies.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to add, he was in an athlete, a pitcher, jaw line, all the goodies, now he's fat, bald and a wife who berates him. Definitely not alpha.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I would say tall guys are "alpha" so much so that tallness is generally a very attractive quality to females when it comes to looks. Good looking men are not necessarily alpha or vice versa. Those are simply two different traits - both of which are attractive.
Well in this forum the typical alpha is "over 6', jaw line, athlete body, head full of hair. That "alpha" had all of that, but then he ended in that $****ty marriage? waiting in a woman who berates him? and after him doing all of that for her and waiting like a puppy? Idk guys, doesn't seem a good ending for that alpha.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well in this forum the typical alpha is "over 6', jaw line, athlete body, head full of hair. That "alpha" had all of that, but then he ended in that $****ty marriage? waiting in a woman who berates him? and after him doing all of that for her and waiting like a puppy? Idk guys, doesn't seem a good ending for that alpha.
It's been said before that a natural has as much chance of becoming a simp as any non female-nature aware guys.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful not to assume that your sample of one that you are referencing represents the whole or even the average for that matter. Clearly, your friend who had some height/good looks let himself go in his marriage. That has nothing to do with whether he was alpha at one time or ever was alpha for that matter. I am not clear on what that has to do with your original question regarding "Alpha vs. Height" though.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical attributes don't make you an alpha. Sounds like he just has the looks and nothing else

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Engineering manager, makes good money, 6'2", he was telling his love life, waited on a woman to marry around 32, she couldn't have kids, they were trying since marriage, lost a couple at due 40 to her issues, at 42 she had to get an egg from her friend and his sperm for her to get pregnant, all of that to have one kid, If it isn't oneitis idk what is.

I just heard a convo between she and he on the phone, she talking down to him, yelling him a the phone and him apologizing, after him waiting on her and being for her through all that trouble. But I thought tall guys were the most alpha dudes out there.
Nope. Its will.never be this easy. "Just be tall and watch the women fall out of the sky like raindrops. "

I keep saying this as a 6,2 man with a athletic build and a decent face; if you are insecure about anything it will ooze out of you. Women (and some bullyish men) will smell it from a mile away.

The one guy who i witnessed cleaning up like a mad man was a 5,5 Asian skinny dude. Completely opposite to what most men will believe..

Its all about how you carry yourself.

M

member160292

Not about being an alpha or beta, he’s supporting her during a distressing time in her life. They probably tried and failed IVF and now her eggs no longer work. That’s depressing for a woman married and trying for that long

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Not about being an alpha or beta, he’s supporting her during a distressing time in her life. They probably tried and failed IVF and now her eggs no longer work. That’s depressing for a woman married and trying for that long
So he married a woman after getting off the CC at 32 then couldn't have kids, cause of her issues, paid a lot of money for IVF, stuck with her, then after the kid, she berates him.

If it was a woman and he couldn't have kids, she would have dumped him, to follow her matting strategy. Its like Rollo says, men are the romantics and women are the pragmatics.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Be careful not to assume that your sample of one that you are referencing represents the whole or even the average for that matter. Clearly, your friend who had some height/good looks let himself go in his marriage. That has nothing to do with whether he was alpha at one time or ever was alpha for that matter. I am not clear on what that has to do with your original question regarding "Alpha vs. Height" though.
That's the thing, its not only one, now that I'm red pill aware, so many tall guys that are in the "alpha" or "chad" category by this forum are the biggest chump. My uncle, is a Dr, married a single mom, a friend in my dance classes is after a woman who doesn't give him the time of day, my softball team tall guys married ugly fat women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha is just a PUA word, used to teach lessons. Personally, I think it's silly to relate it to the real world too much. Being tall is definitely an attribute that can put you in the top percentile of physically attractive men. Which is sort of alpha in itself, but that doesn't mean he won't simp, if that's what was going on.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgot to add, he was in an athlete, a pitcher, jaw line, all the goodies, now he's fat, bald and a wife who berates him. Definitely not alpha.
At one time, he might have resembled an alpha male, but now he has gradually declined into a beta. There are men who would appear to be alpha males, but over the course of an LTR, they become unrecognizable betas. I've seen it happen with one of my good friends.

That is definitely more the case than not. That said, there ARE dominant, attractive, muscular dudes in tech, and they clean up with the HR and Marketing bunnies.
I can imagine that. Would they do that in their own workplace though?

HR is a common role for women. Marketing is closer to an even mix of women and men, though some roles within Marketing are more female oriented. There are a broad number of roles within Marketing.

paid a lot of money for IVF,
IVF is crazy expensive. I know of some IVF babies born from my social circle and heard the stories surrounding the costs.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Pretty much HR, Admin, and Sales & Marketing are the only areas that would typically have any talent.

99.9% of STEM broads are utterly unfrakable. However I’ve seen some that are utter and complete smokeshows, and excellent engineers. A couple over a period of decades.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
excellent engineers
You mean secretaries with engineering degrees, cause the only thing they know is code, analyze data, and use excel. Fvcking boring a$$ job, cause no tooling or installation skills I haven't seen in any if the female engineers I see, and that's my field, so I see a lot of them.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, height can help or give the perception of being dominant, but that quickly disappears once you actually know the person. A close friend of mine is 6'6 and training to be a strongman, he is massive. Yet, he is one of the most empathetic and 'soft' people I know. He hops into relationships and gets oneitis every couple months only to get his heart broken. Height does not= Alpha behavior, but it can contribute to it.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You mean secretaries with engineering degrees, cause the only thing they know is code, analyze data, and use excel. Fvcking boring a$$ job, cause no tooling or installation skills I haven't seen in any if the female engineers I see, and that's my field, so I see a lot of them.
Sorry bro I know two MIT EE’s that are females that could destroy anyone technically. And I will not post my background here, but let’s just say I know what I speak of.

p.s. both distinguished devops engineers, in charge of regions consisting of 100’s of thousands of vm’s each hosting micro services for some of the largest kub clusters in the business. Nuff said?