Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are some Calories better than others?

LionFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
When dieting to bulk up, does it matter where calories come from?

My question is two-fold.. What about calories from drinks vs. calories from food. For example: I've been sick the last two days, which really makes me angry because I've missed workout sessions and of course my appeitite is lower. But, I've drank a whole carton of orange juice today. So 8 servings of Oj @ 110 calories = almost 900 calories today, just from chugging OJ. But is that going to help me the same as say 2 meals of roasted chicken at 400 calories each?

Second: what about high calories foods where much of the calories are from fat or saturated fat.
Now yes, I know how important protien and carbs are, but I'm just asking about pure calories here!

thanks

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, yeah. A calorie is just a calorie, a measurement like an inch or a Newton. But there is a little more to it.

Get comfortable, sit back and read this:

How Food Works

Sure you can drink all that OJ and get all those calories, but its going to be assimilated very quickly to the blood, spike insulin levels, and get turned to sugar.

Even if you run around like an epilieptic muppet on crack cocaine all day its going mostly be turned into fat

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no.. not all calories are the same..

It all depends what the macronutrient breakdown of the calories are.

read my GUIDE TO BULKING UP for more info. Follow it to a "T" , and you'll get bigger.