Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Most Women Turned Off By Guns?

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious. The reason is I made a profile on PlentyOfFish.com, and I don't seem to be getting much response from it. One of my pictures, I am standing with a 9mm stuck in the front of my pants, and I'm smiling because that's when I had just bought it.

I thought it would be cool to put that picture in my profile. Although, I live in a very safe town where crime is almost nonexistent. Still, I figured I would put it in my profile because shooting is something I like to do, and I felt it would reveal a little about me. The other pictures in my profile are me travelling, or with my car, etc. I think I look pretty good, as I get compliments and women starting conversations with me occasionally IRL.

I was wondering, are most women turned off by the sight of a weapon? I thought it would actually be somewhat of a turn-on, rather than off. I'm not getting much response from my profile. I get girls viewing my profile, and not much response when I send messages. I'm pretty good at Myspace, but this should actually be easier.

Is it the gun?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Just curious. The reason is I made a profile on PlentyOfFish.com, and I don't seem to be getting much response from it. One of my pictures, I am standing with a 9mm stuck in the front of my pants, and I'm smiling because that's when I had just bought it.

I thought it would be cool to put that picture in my profile. Although, I live in a very safe town where crime is almost nonexistent. Still, I figured I would put it in my profile because shooting is something I like to do, and I felt it would reveal a little about me. The other pictures in my profile are me travelling, or with my car, etc. I think I look pretty good, as I get compliments and women starting conversations with me occasionally IRL.

I was wondering, are most women turned off by the sight of a weapon? I thought it would actually be somewhat of a turn-on, rather than off. I'm not getting much response from my profile. I get girls viewing my profile, and not much response when I send messages. I'm pretty good at Myspace, but this should actually be easier.

Is it the gun?
I think it just makes you look like you're trying too hard to look "tough". At least, thats what I think when I see some poser on Facebook brandishing his shotgun. Might also make girls that don't know you avoid you for fear of their safety.

In my experience, nearly every girl (aside from a couple "bleeding heart" type idiots) that find out I shoot turn into little girls and beg me to take them to the range. Probably makes them feel powerful, if only for a half hour.

Edit: I suppose my point is that having a gun isn't a problem for majority of women, but that you probably should wait until she feels comfortable enough with you to reveal that part of your life.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't put a picture like that on my profile. I think most girls would think either you're trying too hard to look cool, or you're some crazy guy who's going to snap one day and go on a rampage like the kid at Virginia Tech.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, good points. I'll take the picture off then.

So how comfortable do you have to be with a girl before you let her know that you like to shoot? Before or after sex?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say don't mention it at all, unless she is into high-testosterone guy stuff life that. If she's a liberal, the gun will scare her. But if she's a conservative Republican type it can be a good thing. If you ever happen to date a cop's daughter, remember that she has a gun afficianado for a father and will be turned on by guns.

tigerstyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brandishing the gun in any way that is showing off is not a good thing. Regardless of whether they like guns or not, this will be a turn off.

Other than that I think it depends on the individual girl.

The best policy is not to show off or bring it up randomly, but let them discover this part of your personality of their own accord, and then you can tell them that you like to shoot.

I too like to shoot, and own many guns, as I have hunted for as long as I can remember. Some girls like it, some girls don't. Some don't care either way. As someone mentioned, if you are a man about it and don't show off, a lot of times a girl loves it when you take her shooting and show her how to shoot properly.

But if you show off, act tough, especially when there is nothing to be worried about in your area (as you mentioned), you come off as insecure, and as if having the gun is an attempt at adding inches to your bone.

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo nigga, shieeet do you wear baggy pants down to sho off yo behind or have one pant lifted up on one leg. Otay wassup. Oh hellz yeah Str8t outta suburban compton..meth 4 lif3 niggaz! Imma gonna hit da clubz...paying $20 cover for dancing to musak dat 3-5 FM radio stations play all da time.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mention the fact that i shoot guns all the time. At least, until after I get to know them.

Then for a date, I take them out shooting with me. My current girlfriend never used a gun in her life and finally shot a gun with me. Now she asks if we could go on a date to go shoot beer bottles and rusted up dead cars again.

In the beginning of the relationship, skip talking about the guns.

comic_relief

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Okay, good points. I'll take the picture off then.

So how comfortable do you have to be with a girl before you let her know that you like to shoot? Before or after sex?
I've never had a problem letting them know before sex / within a couple of dates.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I say don't mention it at all, unless she is into high-testosterone guy stuff life that. If she's a liberal, the gun will scare her. But if she's a conservative Republican type it can be a good thing. If you ever happen to date a cop's daughter, remember that she has a gun afficianado for a father and will be turned on by guns.
Strangely enough, one of the hippiest chicks I ever dated was really into the idea of shooting guns with me. I was surprised.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
betterthandead shouldn't throw racial slurs around a message board. I get he is tryin to mock the O.P by callin him a fake suburban Gangbanger but still...