"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

approaching -- the mental difference with and without a wing

jond

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
I've noticed with a wing, I can approach anyone, no matter how hot they are, without a problem. Its almost easy.

However when I'm by myself, approaching seems 100x harder.

I have two theories:
1. When youre with a wing, youre so busy talking and looking for targets, you dont have time to do any negative self thought.
2. You feel less fear doing ANYTHING when with 1 or more people. Its a belief that there is strength in numbers, etc.


Anyone have any other theories?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
so true...now that I think about it....I'm the same way.....

...
...
........

I think it has to do with some kind of deep down feeling to impress people????

because other people are impressed when you are able to approach people....and I like that feeling of impressing them

however, I do approach chicks I'm attracted to ....I only don't really talk to other people that I would have if I was with others...

strange...
 

jond

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Paintballguy
You also have the incentive to impress your friends or to backup a challenge.
Good point. That probably is part of it...
 

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
Not neccessarily true. It depends who you hang out with. In my case, most of my friends happen to be hardcore AFC's and when I go with them and try to talk to the ladies, they all think im stupid for approachin a stranger, they think she's out of my league, and that ill automatically get shut down. Yet these guys have never got laid and are basically jackin off to porn. When I go by myself, my game is tight and I can approach the way I want to approach.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

PocoDiablo

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Don't forget the fact that if you get shot down, you don't have to stand in the corner alone. You can just go hang out with your wing, say something, and then the two of you start laughing. She'll wonder what's up, you'll be having fun again. :)
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
not trying to be negative here, but w/ a wingman it makes rejection a lot worse!
but a fellow wingman/dj shouldnt make fun of ya too much about it- cuz if ya DJ then you dont care a/b petty stuff, and you try and help ya friend
 

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
484
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Ontario
Why would AFCs be so negative? I understand being apprehensive doing something you're not comfortable with (if all my friends wanted to start a street fight with a bunch of strangers I would object), but it's something they secretly want to do too, ,right? I would imagine that they would welcome the chance to see it done.

Unless of course your friends see you as their social equal...
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by PeeGee
Why would AFCs be so negative? I understand being apprehensive doing something you're not comfortable with (if all my friends wanted to start a street fight with a bunch of strangers I would object), but it's something they secretly want to do too, ,right? I would imagine that they would welcome the chance to see it done.

Unless of course your friends see you as their social equal...
im pretty sure they know they dont got the balls to do it. thats why they try to put u down with negative thoughts.
they'd rather see you not succeed than succeed. probably seeing you get shotdown by a HB would make their day.
only the low confident low self esteem afc would like to see that happen, as i knew a few in the past who liked to criticise negativity on friends
 

evolvingnerd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Originally posted by ScrewIt
im pretty sure they know they dont got the balls to do it. thats why they try to put u down with negative thoughts.
they'd rather see you not succeed than succeed. probably seeing you get shotdown by a HB would make their day.
only the low confident low self esteem afc would like to see that happen, as i knew a few in the past who liked to criticise negativity on friends
ya hit the nail on the head
i'm slowly rejecting these types of ppl as my friends
fvck em, the stupid losers
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Whoa!!!!!!

I think I solved....some deep thinking here:

It has to do with your being comfortable with your sexual energy....and not shying away from it!!

bear with me....

Because when you are with your wings or friends, approaching doesn't seem serious...you do it for fun....if you hook up great, but if not oh well.

But when your alone....it becomes more serious because there's no one to have fun with....and you have to utilize your sexual energy to approach...

Therefore...people not comfortable with their sexual energy don't approach....thinking that they are imorale for wanting to approach a chick because she turns you on.

So basically, the differing mentality lies within your own comfort in your sexual energy.

Hope it made sense
 
Top