Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Approaching moving targets

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've mastered the approach on stationary targets, the convo and close. But I dont want to limit myself on that, cause it just hurts when I see a cute babe passing by and I just choke and cant say anything.

I generally dont use canned openers, but in this case I think it would be best if I already had something in mind.

I usually try to make the approach natural, like I wasnt intending to hit on them from the beginning, but they woke my interest as talking to them.

So please share with me the openers you successfully used on moving targets.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AudiTy on another thread said:
As she is walking towards you, slightly take a step infront of her. This will make her KNOW that you are definately going to say something and you won't just get ignored.

You have to start with something that she's expecting, "What's the time?", "Where's Room 101?". Now you're in, she's a part of the conversation now. You could even slowly raise your hand slightly to indicate that you're not finished with her.

After she replies you can go into something else. A tease, a routine a comment, anything that gets her talking. It would be an ideal time to say something that she laughs at. Then you work your magic.

-AudiTy =o

I can confidently step in front of her, gesting with my hands for her to stop, I have no problem smiling, the question is what to say. Asking for time is not a good idea I think as everyone has cell-phones these days, and it's not the kind of thread you can continue on.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously it depends on the circumstances but generally speaking, approaching a moving target isn't the best idea. You dont wanna just go up to a woman on the street and suddenly interrupt her, because most likely you'll take her by surprise and it wont help you.

If you do intend to approach that way then I'd suggest you move up behind the target and spend some time walking beside her, you know, like you're just a guy walking down the street who happens to have ended up next to her. Give her a chance to look over and notice you, when she does, make eye contact and start a conversation in a non-threatening tone.

In a club it's entirely different, just wait for her to stop. Or signal for her to come over to you/ ask her to stop.

Simple. At least that's how I'd do it.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Juan and only said:
Obviously it depends on the circumstances but generally speaking, approaching a moving target isn't the best idea. You dont wanna just go up to a woman on the street and suddenly interrupt her, because most likely you'll take her by surprise and it wont help you.

If you do intend to approach that way then I'd suggest you move up behind the target and spend some time walking beside her, you know, like you're just a guy walking down the street who happens to have ended up next to her. Give her a chance to look over and notice you, when she does, make eye contact and start a conversation in a non-threatening tone.

In a club it's entirely different, just wait for her to stop. Or signal for her to come over to you/ ask her to stop.

Simple. At least that's how I'd do it.
Man, thanks for the advice!!!!

I am convinced though that approaching a girl from behind is A BAD IDEA! It makes you look like a stalker. I've tried it not only once, never got a positive reaction. NEVER!

Anyway, I ment approaching girls that are walking towards you till when she's on your level, if you let her pass you buy, forget it!!!!! Thats why I have no time to think of an occasional opener, and have to have something prepared.

Do you think ''Excuse me! I can't let such a cute lady pass by without asking for her name.... (waiting)" would work? Then I could ask where she's heading and let the convo unfold. Hm?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canned openers are sh1t. Just stop them and say whatever it is that you wanna say. Walking, sitting, jumping up and down - who cares what they're doing! :) With time, you'll perfect this and will be able to position your body just right, stop at the perfect time, etc. Just practice. Also, i ALWAYS touch girls when i stop them as they're walking, usually on the hand, elbow or shoulder. Contrary to what people here say about touching girls you just met, i ALWAYS get a smile in return! Gotta do it right :)

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Juan and only said:

If you do intend to approach that way then I'd suggest you move up behind the target and spend some time walking beside her, you know, like you're just a guy walking down the street who happens to have ended up next to her.
DO *NOT* FOLLOW THIS ADVICE

Why?

1. Approaching women who are walking is a GREAT idea.
2. Of course you'll take her by surprise! This is what happens when the man of her dreams just shows up out of nowhere! She's DREAMT of this!
3. Do NOT "follow" chicks, as this is very CREEPY! Walk up to them IMMEDIATELY! Hell, RUN after them if you have to, but do it FAST!

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, mr flame-tastic *******. Try posting a reason rather than just bad-mouthing other people.

Walking up beside a girl on a busy street is fine ffs. what kind of moron thinks that's bad advice. cryin' out loud.

edit. oh you have updated your post. I dont mean follow, i mean walk up next to her, almost by accident. then talk

some of you people need to know what you're talking about before you start using CAPS LOCK.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
Canned openers are sh1t. Just stop them and say whatever it is that you wanna say. Walking, sitting, jumping up and down - who cares what they're doing! :) With time, you'll perfect this and will be able to position your body just right, stop at the perfect time, etc. Just practice. Also, i ALWAYS touch girls when i stop them as they're walking, usually on the hand, elbow or shoulder. Contrary to what people here say about touching girls you just met, i ALWAYS get a smile in return! Gotta do it right :)
Thanks, I guess its time to throw the good old practice in! :nervous:

Lucas718

Don Juan
Reaction score
Once you've stopped her then you do the same thing you would do on a stationary target... because she is now a stationary target. The hard part is over, you got her to stop and you have her attention.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Approaching women who are walking is a GREAT idea.
That's bollocks. period.

women walking around/doing their shopping/whatever arent necesarily in the mood to talk to anyone. Yeah it can be done of course, but tis not the best scenario.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a vital tip for you! Make sure that if walking towards her from an angle you aim at a point some distance infront of her depending on your current distance from her. If you where toaim at her current position, by the time you walk over to her, she will already be further up the road!

You cant talk to her if you cant even catch her.

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^

That is good advice for those of us who are incapable of walking a curved path. + rep for you :D.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Street Approaches are fun and I think there a good idea, now you guys are basically falling for society bullsh!t once again. Why wouldn't a girl walking on the street not want to talk to you? When your walking down the street you don't want a girl to talk to you? anybody talk to you?

Girls that I've street approached were very postive reactions. Now when I was younger I used to watch my natural cousin approach in the mall, and he used to number close like crazy. All I remember that he told me was to vibe with the girls. But anyway currently 80% of the girls I approach on the street that are moving stopped, a few either ignored me, or didn't hear me.

What you want to do is not creep the sh!t out of them so go in at an angle, I know you guys don't like all this indirect stuff but I do and thats what I mainly use, so anyway what you want to do if your moving towards her and she is moving towards you. Basically stop and turn towards her and speak, in my case its either a shocker opener, opinion opener, or Direct opener. Now just stand there speaking, don't move towards her trust me she will stop and walk back or stop to listen to what you have to sasy. Trust me I've had times where I said my opener and the 2 girls was already giggling and talking about something before, they didn't realize I was talking to them until the was 2 stores down, but I thought the had ignored me so I didn't follow up and they left.

If your behind her basically walk a bit infront of her and turn your head and speak to her. If your body is towards her its conveying that your needy, as she turn to you you gradually turn to her.

If there infront of you and your moving her direction, stop few feet beside her and infront so kinda diagonally, and start your opener.

Reason why I say opener is because that Hey how are you doing? (Hate this) I always either get ignored, a response of "Who are you" (Which I then reply "Its me Mariooo!"), or convo that leads to know where.

Its ok to go across the street just to approach a girl, just make sure she doesn't see or notice that you only crossed the street just to talk to her. But it isn't so bad to miss your train if your already in a set who is waiting for a different train. (I even sometimes took that train to finish talking, and then go home)

Ziggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an old post but I saw it and am in this process myself. I go to college and about 60% of the hot girls I see are walking the opposite direction to class. I have tried indirect openers but the target still obviously wants to keep walking. But today I spent sometime working with a direct one. I found it to work surprisingly well. I simply stopped them by saying "Hey, I saw you walking and you're pretty cute for a (insert neg: blonde, etc.). I wonder if you have an interesting personality but I don't have time to talk now. You're going to give me your number so I can text you to see if you're cool (pull out phone and hand it to her). Then talk to her for a minute and leave. Then just start texting and have a conversation. That way you can continue the conversation without forcing her to stop where she's going. I'm still working on it and I'm gonna try a bit of improvisation using the basic framework.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a fundamental problem for me too. The majority of the hot girls I see are moving targets. Usually I'll look directly at them and smile, and then they'll immediately turn away, and then right when they're about to pass me they turn to look again.

I wish I could be better at starting conversations. When I actually am in a conversation, I'm fine. Like even:

Me: "Say, would you happen to know where ____ Hall is?"
Her: "Sure, it's blah blah blah."
Me: "Great, thanks. How would you like to go out with me sometime?"
Her: *Giggle*

...might sound too direct, but I have no problem doing that (once the ball is already rolling), and in fact it would work if you have the right attitude.

My problem is in figuring out how to stop them in the first place, and developing the balls to do it, because it just seems impolite if they're trying to get somewhere.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
NEVER approach from behind. You'll look like a stalker.

Instead, you approach from an angle. Most girls in day game will ignore you. You've gotta get her attention and work your magic before she moves again. Strike fast!

BTW canned openers are useless here.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ever follow a woman. Do it quickly or she will think it's a bit creepy that you've caught up to her and you're now walking side by side, not saying anything.
I am convinced though that approaching a girl from behind is A BAD IDEA! It makes you look like a stalker. I've tried it not only once, never got a positive reaction. NEVER!
Yes, which is why you walk in front of them and then open, that way you aren't doing it from behind like you've been following her.

women walking around/doing their shopping/whatever arent necesarily in the mood to talk to anyone. Yeah it can be done of course, but tis not the best scenario.
So you should just give up? No.

I have tried indirect openers but the target still obviously wants to keep walking.
Open then, them stop walking yourself. Often she'll also stop to talk.

DJ Shaka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Questions and indirect openers don't work that good with moving targets. They will just answer and continue moving.

Use direct openers.