Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Approaching girls who are alone

flipflip

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really good at approaching girls who are alone but I hardly ever see girls by themselves when I go out to approach. They're almost always with at least one friend. What are some good places to meet girls who are by themselves?

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't limit your approaches to girls who are alone. Talk to girls who are out with friends. It's easy. Seems intimidating at first but I've had great success with it. It really demonstrates your level of confidence to be able to walk up to a group of girls and start conversation. VERY few guys do that - it's quite shocking to them, in a good way.

flipflip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't limit your approaches to girls who are alone. Talk to girls who are out with friends. It's easy. Seems intimidating at first but I've had great success with it. It really demonstrates your level of confidence to be able to walk up to a group of girls and start conversation. VERY few guys do that - it's quite shocking to them, in a good way.
Do you have any advice on what to say when you approach a group? Is it similar to approaching a girl by herself? Whenever I approach a girl by herself I usually just say the first thing that pops in my head lol

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I did it with a big group, I was direct - with all of them. It was a group of about 7 or 8 standing around talking at a patio bar. I walked up to them right in the middle of their conversation and when they realized I was definitely approaching them with the intent of saying something, they all looked at me and I said, "Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt your conversation but you all looked so cute I just had to come over here and meet you." They all burst out in huge smiles and my first question to get the conversation going was, "So how do you know each other?" and of course that led to many different topics.

Sometimes I will approach two women and ask them the same question, or open them by talking about something going on around us like the beautiful sunset or the live music or the new beer variety the brewery has released that day or whatever.

Probably the most common thing I hear from groups of women when I approach them is that when I decide to wrap it up and excuse myself, after thanking me for talking to them they usually say that it normally only happens with super drunk guys and they really enjoyed talking to me. I think a lot of guys need that liquid courage to approach multiple women and while that's fine, I find I just can't be as quick and sharp as I am when I'm sober. Plus, I think a lot of guys aren't just buzzed when they approach but are actually really drunk and that's a turn-off. It's easy to tell a drunk guy who's really nervous because he's even more awkward than he would be if he were sober, yet he is pretending to be extremely confident and it's very disingenuous and obvious to women. If you are going to be a little nervous, it's better to be sober because you'll be authentic. But you should work and practice so you aren't very nervous.

Last edited:

flipflip

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I did it with a big group, I was direct - with all of them. It was a group of about 7 or 8 standing around talking at a patio bar. I walked up to them right in the middle of their conversation and when they realized I was definitely approaching them with the intent of saying something, they all looked at me and I said, "Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt your conversation but you all looked so cute I just had to come over here and meet you." They all burst out in huge smiles and my first question to get the conversation going was, "So how do you know each other?" and of course that led to many different topics.

Sometimes I will approach two women and ask them the same question, or open them by talking about something going on around us like the beautiful sunset or the live music or the new beer variety the brewery has released that day or whatever.

Probably the most common thing I hear from groups of women when I approach them is that when I decide to wrap it up and excuse myself, after thanking me for talking to them they usually say that it normally only happens with super drunk guys and they really enjoyed talking to me. I think a lot of guys need that liquid courage to approach multiple women and while that's fine, I find I just can't be as quick and sharp as I am when I'm sober. Plus, I think a lot of guys aren't just buzzed when they approach but are actually really drunk and that's a turn-off. It's easy to tell a drunk guy who's really nervous because he's even more awkward than he would be if he were sober, yet he is pretending to be extremely confident and it's very disingenuous and obvious to women. If you are going to be a little nervous, it's better to be sober because you'll be authentic. But you should work and practice so you aren't very nervous.
I think I'm gonna try just approaching girls when she's with one friend and then work my way up from there haha. It does sound like fun approaching a group though

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really good at approaching girls who are alone but I hardly ever see girls by themselves when I go out to approach. They're almost always with at least one friend. What are some good places to meet girls who are by themselves?
Dog parks. But you HAVE to have a dog with you. Otherwise, you will have a "stranger danger" sign on your forehead.

Hikes are also good places, but again be settle, intentional and quick. Don't want to hold hostage a girl with a long convo in the middle of a hike.

Book stores, very easy to spark a conversation.

Coffee shops, naturally a very laid-back setting.

Gym, but that can be a hard one as they get approached so often there and they already have walls up. But if your game is solid, and strike like a ninja (again quick and settle), then your chances are good.

Disclaimer, in any of these settings, make sure you are genuinely doing such activity for your sake. Meaning, you are there for you. Do not go to these settings strictly with the mindset to "hunt". The more genuine you are, the better your chances are.

Hope this helps.

Modern Man Adive

flipflip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dog parks. But you HAVE to have a dog with you. Otherwise, you will have a "stranger danger" sign on your forehead.

Hikes are also good places, but again be settle, intentional and quick. Don't want to hold hostage a girl with a long convo in the middle of a hike.

Gym, but that can be a hard one as they get approached so often there and they already have walls up. But if your game is solid, and strike like a ninja (again quick and settle), then your chances are good.

Disclaimer, in any of these settings, make sure you are genuinely doing such activity for your sake. Meaning, you are there for you. Do not go to these settings strictly with the mindset to "hunt". The more genuine you are, the better your chances are.

Hope this helps.

Modern Man Adive
I actually met my first gf when I was taking my dog for a walk in the park haha.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually met my first gf when I was taking my dog for a walk in the park haha.
That's awesome. And I am proud of you for cold-approaching. I am a huge advocate for old school game that builds genuine confidence and intergender dynamics. Keep it up and enjoy the highs and lows equally.

Modern Man Advice

flipflip

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's awesome. And I am proud of you for cold-approaching. I am a huge advocate for old school game that builds genuine confidence and intergender dynamics. Keep it up and enjoy the highs and lows equally.

Modern Man Advice
Thanks! It definitely does feel like a high when it goes well! I don't do it too often cuz I hardly ever see girls by themselves but I'm gonna try and approach a girl when she's with a friend and see how it goes lol

Hollywood4life

Don Juan
Reaction score

Hope this helps.

Modern Man Adive
The get approached a lot by meatheads at the gym right? I see it all the time and wonder how they do it without knowledge of game . I’m guessing it’s generic “how’s your workout type stuff”?

I do see it all the time because I approach all the time at the gym to and it surprises me how often it happens , like where did they gain confidence tocold approach

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think it is even easier to approach smaller groups of women than it is 1-2. If they are in a group of 3-4, you can approach the entire group and whatever you say will instantly be responded to by multiple women. The conversation is easy, their guards are NOT up because you have approached all of them. You can rapport build very easily and eventually focus on the one (or two) you are most interested in.

You will only get one shot at a number though -- so make sure you are building on something with the one you are interested in. You are done with the others once you ask for a number from one.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
You can't even do that hiding in the woman's restroom. They always go in pairs.

They are rarely alone because they want to prevent you from cornering them alone. It is a barrier and a qualifier. Only the guys "worthy" can get past it cleanly. It is also much easier for them to have their body found in a dumpster the next morning.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
For nightlife, I would focus on “odd” nights like maybe Sun thru Weds.

Lone wolves typically don’t like busy Fridays and Saturdays. Walking into a packed venue alone can be very uncomfortable.

Showing up alone on a slow night feels more “chill” so it’s more lone wolf friendly.

Last edited: