Approaching and Daygame is BS!

Songz

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get a LOT of hate for this, but it HAS to be said. F*** PUAs!

I thought this was a Don Juan Forum to make your LIFESTYLE ATTRACTIVE. Seeing people talk about ****y funny, approach anxiety, daygame is pissing me off... cuz the Pickup Artists took over the forum.

Now, I've done the research. And asked a good number of people where they MEET their relationships. You know what they said??

1. College or social Circle
2. Through a Mutual Friend

If more than 90% of all of these relationships are through these main 2, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DO WHAT WORKS THE LEAST???

It boggles my mind. Not only that, but one of my good friend helps develop lifestyle as a career (even though the industry is dead). He met a guy who ALL HE DOES IS DAYGAME. He's a 45 year old engineer and during whatever free time he has, spends them on the street approaching people.
40 People per day.

When my friend asked him how many numbers he gets, the engineer responded, "a lot."

When my friend asked, "how many times have you gotten laid?"

:::Silence:::

He spends his entire days APPROACHING for YEARS and NEVER got laid once.

Hey, maybe it works for you... that's wonderful. But for me, that sounds like a lot of work and putting your reputation on the line where it doesn't deserve to be placed. I would much rather spend my time making better friends, having cool allies, and a lifestyle that hooks girls in.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You used the worst example ever. You can make a girl a part of your social circle when you date her lulz.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because 90% of what works is only about 10% of what i want. The other 90% of what i want i have to go out and get it. I'm not gonna settle for girls i don't want just because they are available and in my social circle.

You can though, better for me.

homedog893

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's make this personal... What are your success rates with approaching?

I also get approached just from buzz, cool friends, etc. and hooking up with new girls.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day game in the US is actually quite easy I think that dude must be doing something seriously wrong or is just a ponce. Having said that, if you go out and approach 40 girls a day every day that is overboard.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Songz said:
I'm probably going to get a LOT of hate for this, but it HAS to be said. F*** PUAs!

I hear ya.

I thought this was a Don Juan Forum to make your LIFESTYLE ATTRACTIVE. Seeing people talk about ****y funny, approach anxiety, daygame is pissing me off... cuz the Pickup Artists took over the forum.

There is some of that. But it's not NEARLY as full of PUA acronyms as A S F.

Now, I've done the research. And asked a good number of people where they MEET their relationships. You know what they said??

1. College or social Circle
2. Through a Mutual Friend

That is correct. I'll just add that the social circle could be a group of friends, coworkers, or a group that is involved in some hobby, sport, or other common interest.

If more than 90% of all of these relationships are through these main 2, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DO WHAT WORKS THE LEAST???

For two reasons:

1. A lot of guys don't have a social circle, especially once they get out of school.

2. A lot of guys think they want a gf, but they really just want a quick lay. So they go the place that they think will give them the fastest lay: the bar or club.

It boggles my mind. Not only that, but one of my good friend helps develop lifestyle as a career (even though the industry is dead). He met a guy who ALL HE DOES IS DAYGAME. He's a 45 year old engineer and during whatever free time he has, spends them on the street approaching people.
40 People per day.

When my friend asked him how many numbers he gets, the engineer responded, "a lot."

When my friend asked, "how many times have you gotten laid?"

:::Silence:::

He spends his entire days APPROACHING for YEARS and NEVER got laid once.

Hey, maybe it works for you... that's wonderful. But for me, that sounds like a lot of work and putting your reputation on the line where it doesn't deserve to be placed. I would much rather spend my time making better friends, having cool allies, and a lifestyle that hooks girls in.
I do cold approaches because I don't have a social circle. I fully understand that this is not optimal and quite a "slim odds game."

Songz

Reaction score
Ok, so how many times have you gotten laid from "cold approaches?"

And let's assume... let's just assume you get laid. How many are with Quality Chicks?

Or even better, how long does it LAST?

And thx Mike for some real honesty.

Cuz I can tell you straight up that girls check 2 things about any guy: Credibility and Believability. If you don't even have a lifestyle with cool friends, hobbies, etc. she's gonna leave your ass cuz you've got no creds to back up whatever game you spit.

After doing some recon of this place, this is what I'm assuming. A LOT of guys come here who are absolutely CLUELESS about girls. They read up and get sucked into the PUA propaganda cuz it sounds sooo goood and now it's gotten to the point where this place is its own PUA SUPPORT GROUP.

X=X. You attract the same type of people you project.

It's funny to me cuz when I read the High School Forum, they ask NORMAL questions like, "How do I talk to that cute girl in class?"

Then when I switched over to the Main Discussion, it's "Let's do the Approach Anxiety Challenge!" Weird as ****; suddenly I'm a troll because I sound normal LOL

Again X=X. When you're a cool guy, you'll attract cool girls without any WORK.

Some basic life tips.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you are looking at this right.

Its probably true that the vast majority of hookups are from friends
or friends of friends. BUT, that is most likely because 90% of guys are
afraid to approach a girl they do not know, not because approaching
strangers does not work.

Your theory is just speculation without further scientific study. :)

Kool4Katz

Don Juan
Reaction score
For two reasons:

1. A lot of guys don't have a social circle, especially once they get out of school.

2. A lot of guys think they want a gf, but they really just want a quick lay. So they go the place that they think will give them the fastest lay: the bar or club.

This is absolutely true and must be emphasized again. Especially number 1. Personally I look at it as empowering. I would prefer to meet girls in my social circle - and that means expanding it a lot! but also, I want the option to see a cute girl and approach her. I want to be prepared to go my own way if necessary. I'd hate to limit my options to my social circle, even if it were larger and better.

ryanjevo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure. Maybe it is a lot about PUA's.

But The AA challenge and methods give people the kick in the ass to get out there and get over the fears that hold them back from becoming true DJ's.

All has it's place.

R

Rubato

Songz said:
Dude, if I followed the means and did whatever most people in the world do, my life would be significantly less awesome.

I don't agree with other things you said, but this is the big one right here and I don't feel like spending a lot of time on here today.

First, suppose you're right and 90% of relationships do come from those 2 dynamics you mentioned... well dude, how many of those relationships are successful?? More than half of all marriages end in divorce anymore and there are an incredible amount of married and unmarried couples out there who are supremely unhappy together.

Maybe those 2 mechanisms for relationship formation are not the best ones for happy and fulfilling relationship.

Think about it. Relationships born from social circles probably have some sort of social pressures attached to either their formation, dissolution, or both. The same with a mutual friend. It's tainted man, it's unlikely you are 100% with that girl because you have gone out, realized your options, and are selecting from the best you have been able to get. Instead, you took what was easily obtained and handed to you. You didn't walk through the store to pick out the best product, you just let some dude at the entrance hand you what he wanted to sell you. And maybe it looked like something you'd want, h*ll, maybe it's what you wanted.... but you didn't chose it. It was dropped in your lap and you have no way of knowing what else you could have done.

If I went with the 90% of society, I wouldn't be becoming a doctor right now. I wouldn't have been in a rock band signed to a record label with radio play across the country. I wouldn't have written a song that was number 1 in Seattle (and other cities) in 2008. I certainly wouldn't have produced the record myself, recorded all the instruments, designed all the artwork, and figured out how to make a product MYSELF that stood out among professional competition and sold well enough to get important producers interested in me. I wouldn't have said NO when I got accepted to the College of William and Mary's law school (a very prestigious 1st tier law school) because I realized I didn't want to be a lawyer anymore. I wouldn't have started my first business in high school, act as an independent music contractor (in HS), and start up yet another business in college. My high school business is still making me better money 7 years later than I could make at a "regular" job.

Do you think dating works any differently than this?

If your stats are right, the reason why only 10% of relationships arise out of a male going out there and selecting for himself is because it takes balls! It isn't easy, and no matter what people type on this forum and say with their buddies, most of them aren't going to be willing to put their balls on the line and approach. And even less will be willing to do it enough times to get good at it.

And we haven't even talked about general self improvement and all that comes with it.

It's not that it works the least. It's that it takes more effort to make work right. ;)

dat azz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It works the least because no one can do it correctly. Your argument shows you are unskilled in that department and just want an elaborate excuse.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaching (...) is BS!
Wow, sucks for you. Millions of men approach women all the time and it mostly seems to work. Maybe you're just approaching "approaching" from the wrong angle? ;)