Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Approach girl talking on the phone in public

tickforth

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I was sitting on the train home today where these was this HB7 got on the train one row above me. As far as I notice, she looked over her left shoulder and glance at me at least 2 times, and then she started talking to someone on the phone, while she looked back at me a couple more times. As she was talking quite loud, I overheard that she is going to get off the same station me. I was thinking I should leave the seat and head to the exit before she does, that would not make me like a stalker, and so i did, I approach the exit, and she also did when the train almost stop. As soon as we made eye contact, she smile at me and I smile back. At this point i know her interest level was very high. The only problem was that she is still talking to someone on her mobile phone.

Long story short, I had a smoke outside the street which, i don't why but she also walked back and having a smoke a few meter away from me, AND SHE IS STILL ON THE PHONE. My plan was to say some c&f opening line, get her number then go home, but I couldn't approach her as she is still talking on the phone!!! She's been on the phone for more than 20 minutes!!!

Eventually we splits our way to head home....:(

What shall I do in these situations ? I know if i see her again( and there's a great chance because we are living in the same area). I'd sure have her number.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
the whole

woulda, coulda, shoulda

you would have gotten her number if she wasen't on the phone

you probably coulda

but you shoulda went with the gut insitnct and just approched her with whatever you had in mind.. maybe "so what you talking about?"
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
NEVER interrupt a girl if she's on the phone, and ESPECIALLY if you're a stranger trying to get her number. I find it incredibly rude. There really isnt a right way to approach girls you dont know when they're on the phone. I guess if they dropped something you could then say something but most likely they'd go back to their conversation after thanking you. If she was interested on you, i'd imagine she would have ended the conversation, said something or let you approach her, and then call whomever she was talking to back. Maybe you'll see her again since you live near the same stop, so try to get her when she's not on the phone.
 

tickforth

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
That is part of the reason why i didn't approach her. I was actually hang around for while to wait for her to hang up, but she wouldn't...
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by tickforth
That is part of the reason why i didn't approach her. I was actually hang around for while to wait for her to hang up, but she wouldn't...
Her own stupid fault. :p Oh well.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
well maybe she wasnt as interested as you thought she was. I dont want to be mean or anything, but talking on the phone is a way i avoid strange guys and ones that are trying to hit on me. Its just something girls do to avoid talking to other people/strangers. Hell, so do guys.
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
take her cell phone, then do a baseball pitch with it against the nearest wall, smile + ec, and ask her out.

i'm just playing with you man.

but, it's just one approach man, don't think too hard about it. if you're just starting to approach, get used to some of them turning out like this. a lot of the time, something will not be right, there's not a solution for every approach, gotta roll with the punches.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
u were smoking by yourself for 20 minutes "waiting" around for her to finish phone?

omg, what a loner.
 

SDFUandDie

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
why didnt you just slip her your number??

no harm in that. your not interupting her phone conversation but yet you sucessfully gave her your number. Better than to wait to see her again.. you may not and just lost your chance.

Some chicks get on the phone when they are nervous. She coulda been talking to one of her girlfriends about you.
 

tickforth

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by huge_guy_pimpin
u were smoking by yourself for 20 minutes "waiting" around for her to finish phone?

omg, what a loner.
She was already talking to some dude on the phone for 10 minutes, then we got off the train. I had a smoke when she was somewhere down the steps talking.., then she walked up to where i was, and she had a smoke also. So I wasn't just standing there waiting for her, although I did have a smoke just to wait for her :D. Oh well, next until I see her again I guess.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Azalin

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Originally posted by SDFUandDie
why didnt you just slip her your number??

no harm in that. your not interupting her phone conversation but yet you sucessfully gave her your number. Better than to wait to see her again.. you may not and just lost your chance.

Some chicks get on the phone when they are nervous. She coulda been talking to one of her girlfriends about you.
Yeah I would have slipped her my number.

I am not sure about the nervous thing though, alot of girls just like the phone a little too much if you ask me.
 

Surfboard

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
498
Reaction score
1
Location
Surf City
If she was interested on you, i'd imagine she would have ended the conversation, said something or let you approach her, and then call whomever she was talking to back.
Congratulations!! It's good to see someone using their head.

;)
 
B

Billasec

Guest
Shoulda signaled with your hands to her if she had a lighter
...possibly if she had high IL she would have gotten off the phone then

no ahrm in slipping her your #
 
Top