Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Appetite Supression

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there guys. Here's the situation:

As an elite competitive cyclist, from spring till fall I'm riding my bike about four hundred miles a week, and consuming about 6,000 calories a day just to maintain my weight. But during the winters, my training drops to about two hundred miles a week with three days of lifting.

In other words, I'm burning a lot less calories now. Problem is that I'm used to eating 5 - 6,000 calories a day, and my body feels hungry when I don't consume that much. As you can expect I'm gaining some weight...

I've tried drinking about 30 oz. of water before any meals I eat, but that doesn't seem to tame my appetite. My diet is also very low fat, reasonably high protein for an endurance athlete, and very high fiber. I'm wondering what I can do / take to help supress my appetite and lose weight besides becoming anorexic.

For your information: I'm 6'3" am now 177 lbs. and would ideally like to be 165 - 168. I am 17 years old.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

- Maurizio

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That dedicated at 17. I salute you, bro. You cyclists are dedimacation kings. Lance Armstrong brings tears to my eyes whenever I think of him.

Up your water intake and fiber intake. Both have no calories and will fill you up. And eventually, your metabolism will slow down to meet a 4000 cal diet.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. That's a good idea. You reminded me of this fiber drink (this orange gel like nasty crap) that I used to drink a while back. I stopped using it because I started having tons of diarhea, but perhaps I'll go on it again.

- Maurizio

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've gotta go on a "cutting diet" like what bodybuilders do. Gradually consume fewer and fewer calories each week until you get down to the amount you want to stay at. Try to up the protein and lower the carb intake(especially high GI carbs). You might want to take glutamine so that you retain as much muscle mass as possible.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try some ephedrine and caffiene. Norephedrine would be better, but im not sure where to find it.

This stack will kill your appetite and also slow gastric emptying, making you feel full longer.

A fiber supplement is a good idea. Make sure you drink a lot of water with it to get the full benefits. Fiber slows gastric emptying and also keeps blood sugar in check. Keeping blood sugar in check helps with the cravings.

Hope this helps.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fats are very slow to leave the stomach, which when empty causes those appetite feelings. Just add a small amount of "good" fat to your meal might help. For instance, I find taking just a teaspoon of flaxseed oil helps me feel more satisfied after eating a less caloric dense meal.

Of course, fat is an energy source and is very important to help maintain the body, but the calories from it can add up fast.