"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Aol and chatting to the ladys (advice)

buckwheat18

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
New York
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get aol sn's from ladys? I asked this girl for hers and got it. I plan to talk to her online in a few days. I worked my DJ on her and had her laughing she is the kind that would be good for relationships, but she lives too far away..ah well. Sorry to get off in a tangent my last question is how long should I talk with her online?....any other advice would be cool. Thanx,
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
AOL chatting is a very interesting topic here at DJ and other websites. On one hand you get to practice talking to girls without her knowing you're unconfident shy, or what have you, and you can keep an aura of mystery. But on the other hand if you are online 24/7 you just come across as a loser.

I'd say just do it in moderation. Try not to go on too much. It works best in situations like yours where you can't see the person often because you are too far away, but for your typical girl next door, scratch the whole "aol" idea.
 

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I don't suggest online for girls you see often at school, the only people I really talk to it are girls from other schools, family in other states, guy friends, and people from this site. For people you see often at school though, it only slaughters like 90% of your school convos, so don't do it too much.
 

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
AOL chatting is a very interesting topic here at DJ and other websites. On one hand you get to practice talking to girls without her knowing you're unconfident shy, or what have you, and you can keep an aura of mystery. But on the other hand if you are online 24/7 you just come across as a loser.

I'd say just do it in moderation. Try not to go on too much. It works best in situations like yours where you can't see the person often because you are too far away, but for your typical girl next door, scratch the whole "aol" idea.
the not being online at lot is a real problem for me. I'm a web designer so I'm online all the time. Like all the time.

I like AIM chatting myself because it does hide your uncofident and shy side (im almost past this) when your starting out. It also gives you the ability to think about your response so you don't say something stupid. If your a more expirence DJ you can hide your shyness when talking to a girl in person so you definately don't need AIM to get to know a chick.

Anyways AIM has some definite positives and definite negatives. I think its something you should descide wether you want to use it or not.
 

LordBrian

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Virginia
Originally posted by RaMar
the not being online at lot is a real problem for me. I'm a web designer so I'm online all the time. Like all the time.

I like AIM chatting myself because it does hide your uncofident and shy side (im almost past this) when your starting out. It also gives you the ability to think about your response so you don't say something stupid. If your a more expirence DJ you can hide your shyness when talking to a girl in person so you definately don't need AIM to get to know a chick.

Anyways AIM has some definite positives and definite negatives. I think its something you should descide wether you want to use it or not.
Maybe you should make a seperate AIM account. That you only give to the ladies. Then ONLY when you feel like DJin, you can turn on your other AIM account. Problem solved.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Originally posted by LordBrian
Maybe you should make a seperate AIM account. That you only give to the ladies. Then ONLY when you feel like DJin, you can turn on your other AIM account. Problem solved.
Thats too much work :p. Besides I don't hide the fact that I'm on computers a lot and am good with them. Whenever I make a cool animation or something I just show off and show it to the chick who of course goes how did you do that?

I'm not going to go through the work of handling two AIM accounts just to appear like I'm not online a lot.


DISCLAIMER: I don't recommend any of you guys become geeks because you think it will get you girls if they say "How did you do that!" when you show them something you made/claim to have made.
 

LordBrian

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Virginia
Originally posted by RaMar
Thats too much work :p. Besides I don't hide the fact that I'm on computers a lot and am good with them. Whenever I make a cool animation or something I just show off and show it to the chick who of course goes how did you do that?

I'm not going to go through the work of handling two AIM accounts just to appear like I'm not online a lot.

I dont think its lots of work. You just fill out a little form, then get your new account. When you want to switch, all you have to do is logout and login with the other one.

I agree about the hiding that you are on the computer a lot, however to counter that I would say that your time is important, and the girls have to wait to talk to you. I know i dont like having 5 people message me while im playing around.
 

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
yeah, I guess I should start putting away messages up more often. Then at least it won't look like I'm at the computer. I usually just walk away from the computer without putting one up.
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
I wouldn't suggest using internet chat when trying to pick up chicks. All it does is take away from your skills. When talking to someone your body language and voice tone is in most cases much more important than what you say. AIM or MSN is no substitute for the real thing, and if your shy all your doing is hurting yourself. Yea you may be able to talk to someone your normally shy to but its not going to help you when you actually see them face to face. If your shy what you really need to do is quit with the messengers and go talk to real chick face to face to build up your confidence so you wont be shy.

If you are going to use it, it should be used like a phone where the convo should be short and lead to a get-to-gether, and make sure you end it at its peak. If she sees you on aim then she already knows your not busy and you loose a chunk of your mystery, especially if your on a lot. Remember the same rules for when using the phone

If a chick asks you if you have it just say yea, but I never have time to go on. There now she knows your not going to be a chump by giving her your SN ( an afc said yea I do, writes it down on a piece of paper then goes home and waits for the chick to come on.... to think i used to do that....) and she knows your a busy person.

By all means go ahead and use messengers, just not to pick up chicks. In fact if anyone wants to talk about DJ stuff on MSN or Yahoo messenger, im [email protected] or dope105 on yahoo. Thats my 2 cents hope it helped.
 
Top