Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone taking anti-depressant?

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutritional deficits can have a deleterious effect on mood, for sure. But they're not the only cause of depression (I know my depressive episodes lasting for months at a time weren't food-related), so I think consultation with a psychOLOGIST (I don't trust psychiatry in general) is more in order than the same with a nutritionist.

Basically, you probably know if your eating habits are so bad as to be causing depression.

I agree with you on the harmfulness of psychoactive drugs, BTW.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Nutritional deficits can have a deleterious effect on mood, for sure. But they're not the only cause of depression (I know my depressive episodes lasting for months at a time weren't food-related), so I think consultation with a psychOLOGIST (I don't trust psychiatry in general) is more in order than the same with a nutritionist.

Basically, you probably know if your eating habits are so bad as to be causing depression.

I agree with you on the harmfulness of psychoactive drugs, BTW.
Well, I made a point to say that I was talking about reactive depression, NOT clinical depression, which are two entirely different monsters. Exercise will most certainly help with any kind of depression, as will diet...but if it's very serious then medication is likely in order. That being said...MOST people who suffer from depression don't fit into the major depression category. Those folks can fix what ails them with some serious lifestyle changes.

I've probably gone through more sheeit in the last 7 years of my life than most people will in a lifetime. My fiance was murdered, both of my parents died, my best friend died, I am a single mom who doesn't usually get child support and end up having to bust my patootie to make ends meet. Hell, in July I was renting a place and the septic tank collapsed and the landlord wouldn't fix it and it got condemned. We had 7 days to pack everything and move...and we had 3 pets...one a therapeutic dog for a kid with Oppositional Defiant Disorder...but the dog didn't have a certificate and no one wants to rent to dogs...or a single Mom with dogs. My kids and I ended up living in tents for a month and then a motel room for 3 weeks until we found the place we are in now. I've felt low at times during all that stuff...but I'm a stubborn chicky and instead of letting it get to me I made sure I ate as well as possible, took vitamins and got plenty of exercise. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you grab life by the balls and have at it. The minor depression from the bad crap can be worked through without meds IF the person genuinely wants to work through them.

A lot of those medications screw you up far too much to be worth taking if it's not a severe situation. I especially feel bad for people who take medication for ADHD because that stuff is basically pharmaceutical crystal methamphetamine. My best friend was an addict who also happened to know everything about any drug known to mankind. He went to a Psychiatrist for anxiety and she prescribed him so much crap he didn't need it wasn't even funny. She gave him stuff for Narcolepsy for cripes sakes. He didn't have Narcolepsy...he was zonked out of his head from all the freaking drugs she put him on. And the opiates...lots and lots of opiates...which eventually killed him. So yeah...I tend to be VERY suspicious of medications prescribed for psychological issues.

Last edited:

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion anti-depressants are like putting a bandaid over a gash. Just covers it up temporarily. If you are depressed there's a reason for it! Start to make life changes, stop drugging yourself into feeling well about your life which you obviousely believe sucks. In my opinion its a cop out.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Jvesti said:
In my opinion anti-depressants are like putting a bandaid over a gash. Just covers it up temporarily. If you are depressed there's a reason for it! Start to make life changes, stop drugging yourself into feeling well about your life which you obviousely believe sucks. In my opinion its a cop out.
Well...it really does depend on the situation...there are some people who do have depression (or something else) so severe that they absolutely DO need to be on meds. That being said...our society has become one of blaming others and feeling like perpetual victims...and that sucks a person down into a very bad place. These folks go to see therapists and because of incentives to sell these "Happy Pills" from pharmaceutical companies...they write a script for anti-depressants when the person could do just as well without them.

If someone is so depressed they are suicidal and can't even get up to shower or brush their teeth...they need medication, even if at least for a little while to pull themselves together. If someone is feeling sorry for themselves because things aren't great or going as they want their life to go but they still are able to wash their arse, don't want to die and brush their teeth then they can probably feel better with a better diet, supplements and exercise...and getting their butts out there to meet people and do things.

OldGoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree I dont think depression is necessary just a reassessment in ones life, although antidepressants can sometimes kick you back in reality it did for me.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
* Biotin: severe lethargy, depression and constant sleeping. Biotin can be found in eggs.
I've read that if you eat too many raw eggs, you can get a biotin deficiency. IS this true?

Also, just to add, some people really do have uneducated misconceptions about depression. Yes, most people's depression is situational and is mostly a result of external factors, but there are people who simply have chemical imbalances in their brain which causes them to be depressed, and that requires medication. I myself was prescribed medication (I think welbutrin) five or so years ago and stopped after a week because of nasty rashes on my hands, but I didn't take anything else because I just didn't feel that my depression wasn't caused by external reasons.