Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone seen this excellent movie?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw "Stalingrad" at our college movie hall today. Damn, its a hell of a movie!

Its about a bunch of German soldiers stuck in the city of Stalingrad. The plot is kind of crap, but the individual scenes are really good. Although I reckon they went a bit overboard with the 'evil nazi officer' (I'd swear he was Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes)

But yeah...the whole film is really depressing. Not like Hollywood war films where 1 US soldier machineguns a billion German soldiers while holding a hot girl in his arms. The worst part is, you KNOW they're all gonna die, cuz only 0.5% German soldiers at Stalingrad went home alive.

Found a review:
http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=reviews/movie_stalingard.shtml

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great movie indeed!

It shows the human side of the German soldiers, in contrast with Hollywood movies that all make the "ordinary" German soldier look like a bunch of crazy/evil Nazis that only want to kill jews...

Another similar movie, maybe even better, is Der Untergang, it also gives an objective view on what happened!

Watch it, you will like it if you liked Stalingrad!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no but iv seen enemy at the gates.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Band of Brothers is pretty great.