Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone scared to get old?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Nope. No sense to worry over things we cannot control. Can’t control age. Well, not and remain alive, lol.

Lifestyle? Yes
Habits? Yes
Attitudes & Beliefs? Yes

Age? No

Therefore I do not waste emotional bandwidth on it.

U

user43770

As you get older, you give less of a F, so it sort of compensates.
Wisdom.

I've recently had a couple of college kids move in next door. Sounds like their dad bought the property for them.

I hear them running up and down the stairs all the time. I hear them having friends over and partying. It p1sses me off. But then I remember doing the same thing at their age

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean really old... When you ache all the time, can't move well... Need others to help you accomplish tasks you see as simple today. Examples tying shoes, walking up stairs etc....

Sucky part of the life process if you ask me

Carpe diem!
I'm not scared of getting old, but I won't pretend that I'm looking forward to it.

I intend on staying as mentally and physically fit to the best extent I can. I'm only in my late 20s but I'm already starting to research what it will take to promote longevity and mentally prepare myself for the inevitability of my decay as I get older.

When my mind and body start to wither away past the point of no return, when there is no point in continuing to exist, I think I will just stop eating and embrace death with open arms.

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 31, I'm losing hair (albeit very slowly), I feel old, but I look 25 still (black don't crack, albeit half breed).

I feel like the same 21-year-old kid that was abused confused and scared my whole life.

Except now I make the rules, I determine what does or does not enter my life. I have money now, no kids or other dependants, I'm in the best place of my life at 31 and I haven't even seen the best of it yet.

Age is just a number, just keep on top of your health (mental and physical). Use every experience to learn and grow and you can't go wrong.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
older then most on the site, don't need to work but do. sex 15+ times a week for at least 15+ minutes not including playtime. Stronger, Faster, More wealthy, More aware than ever before. I can still remember in the past being 45 and realizing I was the guy that I used to worry about competing with when I was 30. I know logically that at some point there will be a decline (maybe at 90), but in my case, older is better so far. All of life has been like a pendulum, the swing to it really sucks and then later the new learned from the bad changes everything. It happens over and over.

I still can't accept the dark side but know how it works. There is actually more power in the light, I guarantee it, but awareness is critical.

daproest1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean really old... When you ache all the time, can't move well... Need others to help you accomplish tasks you see as simple today. Examples tying shoes, walking up stairs etc....

Carpe diem!
Nope. Like Louis CK once said... suicide can get u out of pretty much any inconvenience. But u can only do it once. I’m paraphrasing. I’m also not having kids. So that’s probably how I’ll go.

daproest1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chemicals in our food, water, you name it.
And also air pollution; breathing in toxins is horrible for our bodies.

As the world population grows, you can count on more of it.
Sounds nice. But it also sounds like a whole lot of waiting and not a lot of doing. Things don’t work that way.

The Don

Don Juan
Reaction score

Carpe diem!
Well, you better get off your lazy ass and keep working out, I haven't stop training, and never will until I drop dead. Been training for around 20 years, probably got another 50 to go, judging from my family tree, who tend to pass away in the 90's. My grandma is still going fine at 98, still walking around on her own, Grandpa passed at 93 but until then he was still playing golf. Never missed a day.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the world will end, as we know it, before that scenario occurs. Look at what happened this year so far and we have not even hit September or November.
yeah, doubt it

As you breathe, remember you can only take in one breath at a time. A breath from the past cannot be reclaimed. A future breath cannot be inhaled yet. You're always on the one that is happening right now.
Do you meditate?

I have 3 grandparents that made it to 100... 101,100 and another 100... the other one was 97. I don’t want to see those ages... the last few years of their lives were in a nursing home. I think like anything as you age your priorities change. They lived to see their grandkids and that kept them happy later in life. Me... i am 40 with no kids... so if i make it into my 90’s it will be a miserable existence... so growing old terrifies me.
Like others said tho... I don’t think we have many more years left.. the world is going to
Sh$t and a civil war is brewing
I have seen similar and it fvcking sucks!!! You can't sugar coat BS around it either.... its a downright miserable existence. We all should take for granted that we are able to wipe our azzes ourselves during the present time.

I plan on reading literature/books until the day I die. Right now, I'm very fit and stronger than any other time in my life in my mid-40s. It's my eyes though, sharp but tired. I'm still very coordinated if a little off-balance at times. My feet are very strong due to jump rope and it's jump rope that lets me know I'm still able to keep rhythm and move well with intent. I dread my 50s according to what you guys are saying about that decline. I guess it'll be more reading and less trying to be as adept as a 20 yr old in strength, movement, and fvcking.
What if you get get alzheimers?

OP, Any man who’s scared of getting old, which will be followed by his fear of his eventual death, and not surrounded by loved ones during that part of his life, learned nothing important during his earlier years…
Live your life well, without regrets, and learn something.
I think people take "being surrounded by loved ones" literally. No one can predict if that will be true, just look at all the COVID deaths who's families weren't allowed in those rooms. I think the idea of leaving a legacy is more profound though.

Getting old isn't for the faint of heart, that's for sure.
Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.
I don't know..

Eat as many antioxidants like korean kimchi and onions, garlic spinach as u can each day. And drink a lot of water. Processed food only will make you old very fast.
Agree. Also I'll add craft beer and premium liquor for those of us with those vices :)

Everyone is going to die. But some people go out kicking and screaming with great fear while others can go in peace. I think it would be wise to practice letting go and aging gracefully with peace and learn not to resist what is inevitable. But if you want to totally ignore getting old and dying and act as if you will live forever, then be my guess. It will be an emotionally painful experience when it suddenly knocks on your doorstep.
Perhaps having some kind of sublime understanding. Do you believe in God or an after life?

Well, you better get off your lazy ass and keep working out, I haven't stop training, and never will until I drop dead. Been training for around 20 years, probably got another 50 to go, judging from my family tree, who tend to pass away in the 90's. My grandma is still going fine at 98, still walking around on her own, Grandpa passed at 93 but until then he was still playing golf. Never missed a day.
You can work out as much as you want. Father time is undefeated...

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Carpe diem!
No, it's one step closer to the after life and leaving this God forsaken place called Earth!

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. Is getting older an excuse not to take care of our health?
There's an an old saying that we don't stop doing things because we get old; we get old because we stop doing things.

It's half right...of course we get old, time marches in one direction only. But I've found that people who keep up with the activities they love tend to stay younger in mind and spirit.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"All men die but only some live"

Live your life to the fullest so you don't regret later in life not trying or doing things while you still can.

Don't worry about getting old. It's something you can't control but what you can control is how you live your life now.