Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone on their Student Council?

nestea16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im thinking of running for next year for pretty much any position i can get......

For those of you on student council, how did you get the people to vote for you, i know its all about the speech...

Does anyone remember what made them vote for someone?

just curious

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nestea16
Does anyone remember what made them vote for someone?

just curious
Whether or not they were a fag. Pretty messed up i know, but i dont give a shizit. Curiosity killed the cat. :D

VampireKiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I suppose you do need a bit of status, but it REALLY is all about the speech.

people know your not really going to do anything for the school, so they will just vote for the person they think is the coolest. or who thier friend is voting for. I suggest having a cool campiegn slogan. Kinda like "Don't vote for Brewster" in the movie Brewster's millions. although that's probably not a good slogan for you...

Good luck

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm probably going to run for something next year as well, and hopefully I'll think of a slogan by then.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in Student Senate my entire high school career, and honestly the only reason I stay in it is to pad the future resume`. You just seriously dont get much done unless you're one of the lucky few schools who has a crack leadership division who always agrees with each other and a supporitve administration.

Anyway (since you probably dont care about that last paragraph), they key to victory is (as mentioned) getting people to vote for who they think is the coolest person. Accomplishing that isnt too hard if you're a little creative - I made little fliers and stuck 'em around the school, got a friend to help me hand out little suckers at the doorways, made stickers, etc. Its not hard, and getting elected is actually more fun than being in office.

If you want some ideas on slogans, posters, or even a speech just holler.

LaZaRuS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on my school's Student Council and I didn't even give a speech (we didn't have to). People vote based on how cool they think you are. :D

E-Money

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never EVER ask people to vote for you. It just shows you as insecure and desperate to win. Kind of like DJ-ing. Just put your signs up, when talking to people be like yeah vote for me be confident ect. Never nag people to vote either. Speeches...I've never had to do one, only the entire student body officers need to, I'm just a rep.

Good luck.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by E-Money
Never EVER ask people to vote for you. It just shows you as insecure and desperate to win. Kind of like DJ-ing. Just put your signs up, when talking to people be like yeah vote for me be confident ect. Never nag people to vote either. Speeches...I've never had to do one, only the entire student body officers need to, I'm just a rep.

Good luck.
Agreed. My friend is probably one of the dumbest kids in our school. But he gave an entertaining speech for Treasurer and he won. Actually, everyone in the auditorium chanted his name. His first line was.

"You should vote me for treasurer because I like money and usually pay people back when the lend me money." It was easy from there.