Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone noticed this flash earth bs?

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youtube is literally crawling with people who believe the earth is flat and we have all been lied to. There are whole channels set up promoting flat earth nonsense raising questions such as 'if the earth is spinning at 1000mph, why can't wee feel it?' And 'if the earth curves at 8 inches per mile squares then why can't we see curvature, and aren't buildings tilting in the distance?' (Face palm)

How does this happen in this day and age? I find it very disturbing

Billtx49

Reaction score
The functionally illiterate walk among us. Can't read and comprehend, can't use a c. card machine without cashier verbal prompts, think the earths flat, what's the difference.
They do exist… Always have.
Plus, many people seem to be going semi-insane lately and doing things that don't make any sense to a rational person.

Last edited:

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've heard of flat earth, lol and believe it or not, there is some merit to their inquiry.

I mean we were lied to about just about everything else. That's how a lot of us ended up here.

I don't believe in (flat earth), but I also don't believe we ever went to the moon either. But that's probably not the biggest lie they've told us..

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One theory is that it's been cleverly implanted into gullible people's minds to try and discredit genuine conspiracy theory. I mean the internet is awash with independent news now and governments and banks are worried..

@Jonanthony

Banned
Reaction score
Its an alternative creationist rationale...

If there is a God ; its a scriptural interpretation post flood... If there is no God its folly.... Observers call.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
""Social'' media is giving un-supervised voice to the crazies.... the crazies are people who can't be rational or have issues or are even extremism beyond any logical point of returns.

Funny, how ''social'' media is soo social that it allow people to communicate without being in a social environment (physical people)

Even this forum is a proof of that on certain aspect.

Before the crazies were put down and controlled by the Church, they were hidden in the Tavern, or sent away... now, you don't have that kind of control and the scale are too big to monitor in a preventive fashion...

That's why you see alot of ''news-media website'', places with ''opinions'' or ''comment'' sections.... closing down all form of discussion due to the ''comments'' from the crazy.

Youtube has yet to do it... but it might one day for Peace, Security and Sanity

Serenity

Reaction score
It is very disturbing, but I believe they've been around for a long time. The difference is exposure, the contents of their corrupt minds are easier to see now than before. Before it took more resources to distribute information, because you needed broadcasting equipment or a printing press and a rational mind to use them properly. No serious business in mass media would tarnish their reputation by publishing such nonsense, so flat earthers were never heard from. Today the internet is available to pretty much anyone and it costs next to nothing to spread information to the entire world. The fact that their belief is so bizarre given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary makes people react to, talk about and share these views.

Just remember that the amount of attention a claim gets is not proportional to the amount of people seriously believing it. In fact I'd say it's a negative relationship, because people react a lot more to things that are rare and extreme. We don't give attention to things that are widely agreed upon and settled, we react to things that challenge what is agreed upon and settled.

I don't worry this will be a widespread belief. It's just a tiny group of people who gets a lot of attention because they have extreme convictions, but the attention mostly consists of ridicule (which is a calming thought).

Billtx49

Reaction score
If the earth is flat, who lives on the other side? Or is it where heaven and hell exist? People that believe in this theory are spatially challenged and not bound by known scoentific reality.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace.gif

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humans aren't nearly as rational and logical as we like to believe.

Most of what we "think" is true comes through channels of authority, social proof, etc.

Nobody here could actually PROVE the Earth was either flat or round, on their own. We would all have to reference stuff done by others that would be impossible to replicate.

And most arguments of flatness or roundness are based the concept of "authority said so, and it makes sense if you think about it.

Very little of anything any of us believe can be PROVEN, beyond a shadow of a doubt BY OURSELVES without referencing "authority" figures who have allegedly done the work.

There are PLENTY of actual degreed scientists, who are paid for being scientists, for example, the believe it's possible we are all in some reality matrix or some kind of simulation program.

The idea of "might makes right" is much more prevalent than a lot would like to believe.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very little of anything any of us believe can be PROVEN, beyond a shadow of a doubt BY OURSELVES without referencing "authority" figures who have allegedly done the work.
Surely there are lots of ways to prove the earth is spherical on your own..

1 example, the stars trail in a circular motion at the poles

Another, on the equinox the sun sets in the same direction for every country in the same time zone.

Ships passing over the horizon, tops islands being visible and the bottom obscured by water. The list goes on.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 example, the stars trail in a circular motion at the poles

Another, on the equinox the sun sets in the same direction for every country in the same time zone.
The key point is proving these ON YOUR OWN.

How would YOU, all by yourself, for example, demonstrate that the stars circle the poles in EVERY COUNTRY?

Everything you mentioned requires REFERENCING SOMEBODY ELSE.

That was my point.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How would YOU, all by yourself, for example, demonstrate that the stars circle the poles in EVERY COUNTRY?

That was my point.
Reference of someone else for equinox perhaps. But star trails you can do on your

All you need to do is be at the North Pole or South Pole and see the stars spin over a 24 hour period. That proves we are on a spinning sphere. A child could do this and get it.

All the other experiments you could do on your own as well

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you need to do is be at the North Pole or South Pole and see the stars spin over a 24 hour period. That proves we are on a spinning sphere. A child could do this and get it.
Really? A child could travel to the North Pole and do those simple experiments?

I think you're missing my point.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? A child could travel to the North Pole and do those simple experiments?

I think you're missing my point.
People live near the North Pole.

Ok let's simplify this further.

You are at the beach on your own. The sun is setting at the oceans horizon. Eventually the sun disappears. You get in your car and drive up a hill 100 ft. The sun reappears.

What does this tell you?

190cmofcancer

Banned
Reaction score
most of that is just trolling from both video author and commenters

However there are cases where people really believe some delusional stuff:

for example here the majority of comments are filled with claims that Muslim God made the two seas not mix with each other (as it was stated in Quran, of course)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are at the beach on your own. The sun is setting at the oceans horizon. Eventually the sun disappears. You get in your car and drive up a hill 100 ft. The sun reappears.

What does this tell you?
I used to live on the Florida gulf coast near Tampa. I watched a lot of sunsets (some of them were free dates). I would sit and watch the last bit of the sun disappear under the horizon, then stand up, and I would see the sun again for just a second or two before it disappeared again.

I don't think anyone has mentioned that the most obvious way to see that the earth is round is to look at the shadow it casts on the moon.

http://www.discovery.com/dscovrd/nature/no-earth-isnt-flat-heres-how-ancients-proved-it/

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The flat earth community is not crazy. They actually do have merit to their arguments. The curvature of the has never been proven mathematically. EVER. To this day. The curvature is a simple equation that says that the earth's horizon is supposed to curve 8 inches squared for every mile ( based on the circumference of the earth). It does not curve at all. Not matter the distance. There is no observable curve! Flat earth has 200 other proofs that the earth is not a globe. Its not hard to find.

What is disturbing is that Sosuave is supposed to be a corner of enlightened men. So it is disappointing when people make fun of claim without researching the evidence that the claim is presenting. No matter how crazy something sounds, you should research it. Especially when the people making the claim are giving you MATHEMATICAL, and empirical experiments that you can do on your own. Go out with a laser or binoculars and do some of these experiments.

We just blindly accept that the earth is a globe because our 3rd grade teacher told us. We have never ever done any experiments to prove it ourselves. We just take the authorities word for it. Most of you don't even know who came up this globe model. Aristotle started it and the Catholic Church promoted it. The Roman Catholic Church.
I guarantee you that if you research the flat earth you may not agree but you will respect them. You will never look at the globe model the same way again.

The people making fun of flat earth were the same people making fun of Iran Contra whistleblowers, 9-11 truthers and NSA wiretapping conspiracy theorist. ALL of those conspiracies were mocked but then they turned out to be right. True wisdom is when you know that you don't know ****. Arrogance and thinking you know the true nature of the world is going to keep you blind. This world is a hell of a lot more weird that we know. We don't know **** about reality.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That was my point.
Exactly. People reference authority without doing their own investigations on most things. We are more brainwashed than we know.