Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone notice how leftist websites like Vox, Vice, Huffpost, etc. tend to have really weak money/finance columns? Financial ignorance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have YET to find an organization/blog/website that leans to the left that focuses on primarily financial affairs (a right leaning on right off the bat would be ZeroHedge). The leftist websites tend to have super weak articles on finance, with many of them lacking much logical substance or actionable steps.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The modern left isn't interested interested in solving problems, they're interested in creating/perpetuating them so they have something to be outraged over.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your stellar argument persuaded me. :/
What makes you relevant?

Hey, I get it: you're a dude embarrassed to discover he thinks like a chick. But, facts are facts, whether we like it or not. Do you think I like that so many young men's brains have been feminized? Heck, chicks don't even REALLY like it. You don't like it? Do something about It!
The premise is simply false. STEM professionals such as myself and post graduates lean left. Your argument doesn’t align with the facts.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ad hominem.
Well, ShePays if there was any doubt in your above assertion, EyeBRollin has reaffirmed your claim. He (or she) has once again voluntarily stereotyped themselves by providing their 'go to' group-think cliche'd phrase "Ad hominem."

The fact that EyeBRollin 'claims' to be affiliated with "STEM professionals" is suspect. Their continual posting behavior is based on feeling (rather than fact) and group-think (rather than critical thinking) . Therefor, I'm under the belief that their credential claim is either false or a result of an affirmative action quota.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, ShePays if there was any doubt in your above assertion, EyeBRollin has reaffirmed your claim. He (or she) has once again voluntarily stereotyped themselves by providing their 'go to' group-think cliche'd phrase "Ad hominem."

The fact that EyeBRollin 'claims' to be affiliated with "STEM professionals" is suspect. Their continual posting behavior is based on feeling (rather than fact) and group-think (rather than critical thinking) . Therefor, I'm under the belief that their credential claim is either false or a result of an affirmative action quota.
or we can guess how bad people who leave unversity are today.

I give that, if I was NOT a damn guy who disagree with everything and don't trust anyone I would be in the brainwash group, hearing things like working class is worse then slavery(because slaves are well taken care of) or when they claim others stupid things, baed on feelings, never had good arguments

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look to The Economist, Money Magazine/CNN, and Kiplinger's. Progressives tend to keep their financial news separate from hard news and opinion journalism. Although not always obviously (the Economist), they know Democrats (mostly centrist) tend to be better for the market and economy and don't need the constant tribal reassurance right-wing journalism offers.

That said anyone who takes the artificially-constructed right/left divide very seriously cannot criticize other people for not being "logical" and "rational."

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right Wing Economics:

jack the system, take care of your cronies, interest rates, earnings vs. growth, market cap, trade agreements, advanced pension scams, tax rates vs. business expansion, GDP growth, etc.

Left Wing Economics:

Print money. Give me free stuff.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an awfully philosophical question for a "STEM professional." What's your field, Chomsky?
Civil Engineer by degree.

ALL universities lean left, ever since their administrations were taken over by Marxists. However, you don't know how to interpret the data. Are you sure you're a STEM professional?

STEM school students are MORE conservative than art school students.
Correct. They still lean left. There aren’t too many right wing nutbags getting STEM degrees.

Men are more conservative than women.

Adults are more conservative than children.

Parents are more conservative than the childless.

Business owners are more conservative than employees.

Home owners are more conservative than the homeless.

Taxpayers are more conservative than welfare dependents.
Faulty logic.

X more conservative than Y =/= X is conservative.

The mentally ill skew heavily to the left.

If you have an analytical mind, shake the fog, and embrace the facts, Missy.
Where is your evidence for that assertion?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was nothing personal about my statement.
That’s a lie. “The left” is a characterization of whom?

The behavior by Leftists is to not answer questions or present logical counterpoints. They simply "disappear" and ignore inconvenient questions.

Repeatable behavior is part of the Scientific Method.
The behavior by Leftists is to not answer questions or present logical counterpoints. They simply "disappear" and ignore inconvenient questions.

Repeatable behavior is part of the Scientific Method.
And now we’re getting into behavior.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The left is an ideology.

Behavior is what their actions typically are.

Recgonizing a behavioral fact about a group is NOT an ad-hominem. It is the POSITION being taken. It IS the argument itself.

adjective
  1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
That’s another false premise. Ideological “groups” are not monolithic. Unfortunately, that doesn’t make for good right-wing talking points.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Challenge YOUR goalpost. Absolutely.

What of the impact of Congress or the Senate?
Of general economic conditions?
Impact of the decisions of the Federal Reserve?
Wars?
What is the lead time from Executive decisions to the marketplace?
Is it even a free market if Governments make economic decisions?
What of those Presidents who refrained from getting involved in the marketplace?
What of inflationary adjustments?

All variables which need to be measured and accounted for.
No, explain for us why the data that shows Democratic administrations are better for the market than Republican administrations is wrong.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Market index finish vs start. Republicans mess up the stock market. I’m surprised this isn’t conventional wisdom yet.
Interesting table. The first three terms (Hoover/FDR/FDR) are pretty haywire. I wonder if you took them out how it would look. I'm surprised 1941-45 wasn't higher, and that Carter wasn't lower.

I do think there are plenty of factors at play with this. And if there's one thing I've learned (again) the past two weeks, it's that the people running the markets are anything but rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.